X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily ~ July 2

What? Me again starting the thread??
    Wake up all Abbers the coffee is on :H :H

Hot, humid & basically disgusting again today - yuck!
    I'm going to Curves right now before I change my mind. Will be back later

Wishing everyone a great AF Monday!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

AF Daily ~ July 2

Good morning Lav! It has been hot, humid and totally disgusting here too. How are your chickens holding up with the heat. My heart goes out to my horses...they are so hot and sweaty...If I could I would have them in the house with me enjoying the A/C! Ha!
    I am enjoying a wonderful AF Monday. Have fun at Curves...you are totally more motivated than me! Ha!
    AB Club Member
    AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

AF Daily ~ July 2

Destiniey, at least your horses sweat - chickens don't. They just pant then drop.....poor things.
      I keep running ice out for their water cans & having been giving them frozen veggies & fruit.
      So far, so good

C'mon Abbers, where is everyone?
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

AF Daily ~ July 2

Frozen veggies! Brilliant! Maybe I'll do the same. :H

Still no power up there so I'm going to work. Tomorrow noon is my cut-off for the trip. Ain't looking good. Lav I thought your son lived right around DC.

Hi destiny!
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily ~ July 2

Greenie, I just talked to my DIL.
          Matt went to work in DC today & there is still no power at his old firehouse in the NE section of the city. The guys there are quite miserable
          Shame if you have to cancel your trip but honestly.......
          Around here no power = no water, toilets, nothin, nada:upset:
          Have a good day at work ~ if you can!

I'm still hoping papmom, TDN & a few others check in soon :l
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

AF Daily ~ July 2

I think its actually too dayum hot to even drink.........

scuze me, just passin through
            Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

AF Daily ~ July 2

Well Hello Everyone,

And greetings from hot and swampy Northern Virginia. At least we have our power back. It was no fun being in a very hot house with no AC, 3 kids and 1 husband. I tell you what, I was not on my best behavior. Temperatures topping 100 degrees every day.

Just popping in to say hello. Threads our quiet. Sorry to hear about TDN.

Stay cool and AF all.

xxoo
              M3
              AF Since April 20, 2008
              4 Years!!!
              :lilheart:

Comment

AF Daily ~ July 2

Hey fabbistas. Lovely day for a change, we went to a llocal lake and saw loons, painted turtles. Watched some people fish. Noticed fish feeding over where there were no loons / people. Drove back over the mountain. Made a toasted shrimp sami for lunch. Had a nap.

No thots of AL. Very happy.

Hi to lav, greenie, dest, M3 and big Hi to Nelz. I saw your advice and thot it was terrific.
                Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

AF Daily ~ July 2

hey fabbers- a very subdued and somewhat depressed papmom here. Sorry I was mia for so long but honestly, it seemed like I only had negative things to say. Well, things have gotten worse and I'm not sure what to do.

I've been passed over for promotion-no reason given and not allowed to ask why. Complicated. It's all political and I'm positive its a cleaning house sort of thing. I interviewed today for a job in the IT department but despite being asked to apply (been there done that), I don't have a good feeling. I fear I will need to reinvent myself at the ripe old age of 55 because if I don't get the IT job I can't stay where I am for much longer. No idea where to go or where to turn. There are no jobs out there now and I'm not sure I can go through anymore interviews only to fail at securing a new job. Financially I'm hurting too. My new PT job is not turning out to be as helpful with my bills as I thought. The travel is just close enough to waste gas but not recoup in miliage $$ and if I'm out in western ma I get the mileage money but also use a ton of gas. I've also screwed myself by taking one weekend a month off but I really can't do 7days a week forever and ever. I do love the job tho so will stick with it for now.

I've been too depressed to even clean the house, do the dishes or laundry and it's been too hot to do any yard work. I did try to work on the paphut yesterday as I had an unexpected day off but the project turned out to be a failure so I had to give up.

See, nothing but negativity. So you now all know I'm alive but really, not great company at all.

M3-I was thinking of you this weekend and glad to hear your power was restored relatively quickly. My friend who got married last Oct has lots of family in Fairfax and I'm waiting to hear back that they are OK.

I just wish I could catch a break you know?
                  New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily ~ July 2

Awww Lav....you're such a good mom to your chickens.....good idea about the frozen veggies!!!!!

Hi Green, Nelz, Mo3 and Kaslo....I hope you are all doing well!

Pap....so sorry to hear that things are rough for you right now. I am going to send some positive thoughts your way and I hope you can catch a break soon!
                    AB Club Member
                    AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

AF Daily ~ July 2

Hi Pap, I was thinking of you tonnes today. Really sorry you are having such a time with the organization you have been working for.
                      sent u a pm
                      Love

Kas
                      Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

AF Daily ~ July 2

P3 :l:l:l

M3 glad you got power, sister still w/o.
                        sigpic
                        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                        X