Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF daily Tues July 3rd 12

Hi everyone

Am away on holiday and managed to get a Wi Fi connection at last! I am so relieved, last night was tough, I nearly had a drink. I didn't though so today is day 131 AF . I am hugely relieved to get back on to MWO, I know when I stay away from here, that is when I fail. I thought therefore managing to start the AF daily today was a good thing to do.

I haven't been able to read much and catch up on everyone's news. Sorry to hear about TDN and hope she checks in with us again soon. Sorry you are having such a rough time with work Pap - sending positive thoughts to you.

Hello to everyone else - ooh just remembered , I forgot to make coffee etc, oh well better find some mugs and get on with it.

Hope to see you all later, have a good day

Sausage x
    Day 131 AF

Good morning Sausage and everyone else! It looks as though we beat Lav here! HaHa I am heading to make some coffee too...had another rough night with sleep.....I kept waking up nauseous. Sometimes I would be soooo hot and then I would get the chills. I don't know whether I am coming down with something or I am just detoxing. I have had night sweats before while detoxing but not the nausea. Regardless of the night I had it is so much better waking up AF.
    AB Club Member
    AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Good morning Fabers, Sausage, you did well to resist. Im glad to see you posting. Well done Dest. Hi to all others. That was my second Canada day without AL. The last few years were much better than previous ones too. I guess being Canadian doesnt have to meen being a souse too. Lol.

One thing is for sure....
      Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Hi Abbers,

Not much to report here, which is a good thing.

However, I had to respond to Kas' post.

So, if you Canadians do not have to be souses, why are your emails always ended with "cheers?"

Just laughing.

I worked for a Canadian group and always laughed at the "cheers" thing.

Your pics yesterday (or whenever they were) were lovely.

I have just come back on after a few days of respite from MWO and worrying about my drinking. However, at the end of the day, I never, ever forget, I am a drinker. i.e. Whenever I drink, I drink too much. Period. So, drinking is not an option.

It is good to be among friends who understand.

No drinking here.

Love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hey Cindi, well done on the resistance movement. You are right, we do say Cheers as a salutation a lot.
          :H:H
          I think all the Commonwealth countries do, but maybe not. We canuckles adopt all kinds of things from other countries. We are the starlings in the nests of the world. Good imitaters. And.... drink like fish, esp. in the north.

BTW I am big fan of the AM south and eastern seaboard. Someday ima come down there again.
          Kaslo

Comment

Good afternoon Abbers!

Thanks for starting the thread from your phone sausage
            I was interrupted by dogs this morning so I haven't been able to get back until just now.
            Glad you are staying strong!

First one up starts the thread Destiniey & the coffee :H
            The night sweats started on me at age 42 & never stopped until I got on HRT. My doctor couldn't believe I was already strating menopause, but I was. Of course that was when my serious drinking began too (menopause=depression) in my case
            Glad to have you here with the hardline AF'rs!!!

Kaslo, if you have any extra cool weather please send it this way. We would all appreciate a few days of kinder weather. As a matter of fact, you can come visit me if you bring some nice weather. I'm not all that far from the Chesapeake Bay
            Chesapeake Bay - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cindi, we are giving ourselves a great gift by accepting that we just cannot drink AL anymore. That is perfectly OK with me, I don't need it anymore - it never ever did anything good for me.

OK, time to take some ice & frozen treats out to my yard birds.
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thanks Lav, I may take you up on that. Im a civil war buff, believe it or not. I dont get into reanactments or anything, but ive read a tonne about it, and I would like to visit some of the museums. I ve been to New Orleans. Which is a lesson in not drinking. Come to think of it seeing people in NO during the November pre Christmas any excuse to get plastered state was quite an eye opener. i was at a tox conference, and I was playing hooky with my cam, was struck by the messes in the French Quarter and people staggering around even in the middle of the day, middle of the week for no reason. I was a regular visitor to the bookstores, and some of the gun shops where CW era guns were for sale. I was in awe of the place, but trust me to make a connection between the US Civil war and AL, hey? Anyway, yes, I want to see the eastern seaboard before I die. which I hope is not very soon.

Before my clients kill me for being late.

lol!
              Kaslo

Comment

Hey ho! Fly by... on my way out the door to a little impromptu BBQ.

Heard from DG and she's OK. Sober and grateful to be so while navigating some family things.
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Too tired now to figure out how to fix my signature right now, but just wanted to thank those of you who have been so supportive--Greenie, Pap3 and Lav, especially. I am struggling so much now and hoping that the amoryn will kick in soon. Had a slip and it turned into relapse. Terrible thing.
                  TDN
                  "One day at a time."

Comment

Sending you lots of love & hugs TDN :l:l
                    Let's do like we talked about - first thing's first. Anxiety can be brutal but it can be managed. Please take care!!

Greenie, happy BBQ!
                    Glad you heard from DG, thanks for letting us know.

papmom, following you on FB

I'm going to treat myself to an episode of the Tudors on Netflix ~ awesome series!
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi TDN, so glad to see you check in, I was worried about yez. A slip is one thing, but a relapse is horrifying and I am glad you survived it.

K
                      Kaslo

Comment

Lavande;1345481 wrote: I'm going to treat myself to an episode of the Tudors on Netflix ~ awesome series!
                        Ohhhhh I want to do that! They were talking in water class about how good it is. One woman is watching 3 episodes a night to get caught up. :H

Aww TDN, I really feel for you. Get back on track and get some solid AF time and you'll feel better! Keep trying.

BBQ was fun. Friends from way back that I see once in a while. I used to see them a lot in drinking days. Not quite so much now. Before I left my house to go, I had to climb up on the roof to get the yard umbrella that the wind launched and was just laying up there, open. Grrrr
                        sigpic
                        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                        X