Lost around here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost around here!

This is so new!The computer,typing,trying to connect.Sometimes want to cry because I don't know what to do or say.How in the world do you people figure out what to click on to? I can't do this!There are 500 little icons on the screen (so it seems) and not a clue on what does what!!I went to chat but no one there.Any suggestions?Mom of 4,very busy.I want to drink all the time.Red wine is the choice.At least a bottle a night.2 kids in school and 2(twins age 5) taught preschool at home.Highly stressed!ALL MOMS PLEASE REPLY!

Lost around here!

Hi Mom,

Don't feel like you need to do anything but type and get your feelings out. The little icons are just ways of adding "art" to your posts. If you want to add one just go over and click on it and it should show up in your post.

Regarding chat, there are many hours during the day when no one there. It really starts to get busy anywhere between 4-8pm my time (west coast), so I guess around 7 your time (are you east coast?). If you want to see if anyone is in chat go to the very, very top of the page where is says, "Our community" and click on that, then scroll to almost the bottom of the page and it show a chat section and if there are names in there it means there are people in there. If no names, no one is there.

This whole internet community was new to me when I found this site but it has been a great source of support for me and helped me cut back on the drinking. We are all a little confused when we first start here. Keep posting and stick around. You might find just what you need. We all understand.....and homeschooling 5 year olds? Arghhh!!! I would pull my hair out!
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Lost around here!

Hi Momoftwins,

You will get the hang of it, just keep pressing buttons 'til you get it right. I'm new to this too, you are not alone. I am a mum of one and i also want to drink all the time but have finally thought enough is enough (after 23 years!) So am trying to abstain completly. It's not easy but for the sake of my son i have to. It's that or die. So give it a go and you will also get lots of support from this site. The people here are in the same boat. Happy posting. x

Comment

Lost around here!

Welcome momoftwins,
        Don't worry about being confused here I am too about the little details. Just keep coming back and posting and getting support. I love red wine also but am trying to be abstinent. I have kids and know how stressful life can be with that. You made a great first step to come here. Read about the program and come here and you will get lots of support. Aquamarine
        NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
        AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Lost around here!

Hello to one momoftwins from another mom of twins. My twins are 4 and I have a toddler.

Welcome!
          Don't worry about figuring out how to use all the fancy stuff right now, just keep writing and typing and staying connected. This is a great support system.

So glad you are here
          "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Lost around here!

Hi Momoftwins &:welcome: ,

Glad you found us. I've been here for just over a year now... don't worry about not being familiar with the computer. It took me about 6 mo., to figure out how to get into chat, and even then I had to have my Hubby help!
            Looking forward to getting to know ya.
            This is a wonderful place, lots of support, and great suggestions on how to deal with this "monster", we all share.
            :l Judie
            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Lost around here!

Hiya

I'm a mum of 3 (eldest 9). LOVE red wine way way too much - bottle a night minimum. (I mean mimimum...) Now on my 2nd day without booze thanks to this place. Really don't worry about not being a technical whiz - no-one here gives a stuff. Just read, write to us about yourself and get the book. This is a lovely place. Kate x

Comment

Lost around here!

Hi Momoftwins

I'm also new (less than 24 hours) so I know how you're feeling at the moment. I don't quite know what I want or where to begin.

*hug*

Looking forward to getting to know you.

DooDoo
                :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Lost around here!

Just wanted to say THANKS to all who responded.I love you guys!I'll surely be in touch later!Gotta go,the twins are coloring!!!

Comment

Lost around here!

Welcome momoftwins! Glad you found us! I wouldn't worry too much about the fancy stuff here. You will figure things out as you go along. Keep posting your thoughts and keep reading ours! It will give you strength and courage.

:welcome:

Comment

Lost around here!

Hi Momoftwins..
                      :goodjob: on finding us!

I'm a mom and a grandmom!

I have three grown children and four grandchildren.
                      No twins............that must be a trip!

You will find lot of help and support around here.
                      I'll try and check on chat in the daytimes hours....usually in the am central time for me.
                      :welcome: To MWO!!!

:l Nancy
                      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Lost around here!

Hi Momoftwins,

I'm a Mom too, drank a bottle or two of wine a night...have only been around this site two weeks or so -- and AF 18 days so far. The site has been so much help - and it is confusing at first. Be patient. It gets much easier. Ask for help. Keep it simple. Stay with us. You'll figure it out. Just ask someone! Everyone was new one. We're willing to help.

Welcome!
                        sri

Comment

Lost around here!

I am new today! I love this site, everyone is so supportive. My choice drink is wine also. I like red the best. I am so glad we found this site and each other. You are a strong woman homeschooling five year olds. Funn y how we can be so strong yet so weak, huh? Congrats on new beginnings!!!

Comment

Lost around here!

Hello Momoftwins! I'm a mom of three and luv the red wine. 1 bottle a night plus - well another one. Don't worry about trying to navigate this site. You'll catch on. I did the chat this evening - it does take some getting used to - but I'll learn too. I'm really not quite sure what to say. I've just finished day one. I'm pretty proud of myself. I know you can do it too! Hugs to all of you and your children!
                            Cheryl

Comment

Lost around here!

Just wanted to say hi!

Hi momoftwins. :welcome:
                              Don't worry you'll figure it all out. I am new here too and everyone is very helpful! Just ask someone will guide you in the right direction.
                              As for my own two cents... put those twins in preeschool!! :H If money is an issue as it would be with me, I'll tell you where I live and you can move here. Public preschool is required at 3yrs. and is free!:happy:
                              Best to you
                              Twinsmommy
                              One out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced. Think of your 3 closest friends...If they seem OK then you are the one.

Comment

Working...
                              X