X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily ~ July 5

OK, OK.......

I'll start the thread - someone has to :H :H
    12:30 pm here, hot, sunny & humid as a jungle......yuck.

Grateful for my AFness for anther holiday. As a matter of fact, not a drop of AL was consumed by anyone here yesterday's BBQ. Think I may be rubbing off on people :H

Just back from the Vet with Maxie for her checkup. For the first time ever she was pronounced 'normal weight' - weighing in at 99.3 lbs :yay:
    It has been a freaking hassle because she loves food.

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF afternnon.
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

AF Daily ~ July 5

Where is everyone !?!?! - hi Lav!

As I've said before, the Internet connection where I'm staying is really dodgy - I would have started this thread again today at lunchtime UK time but then I couldn't get an Internet connection.

Really sorry to hear about DG's Dad - I knew he'd been in poor health for some time, I am thinking of her. but relieved that she's coping with all this sober.

Today is day 133 AF for me, been out for dinner tonight and I didn't crave any alcohol at all although everyone around me was drinking.

Hope to be back tomorrow, Internet willing!

Comment

AF Daily ~ July 5

wow you have both done really well:goodjob:
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

AF Daily ~ July 5

Hi Mick

The AF Daily is another v good place to post and stay accountable. It is unusually quiet today. Hope your day 2 is going well. Expect days 4 and 5 to be tough for some reason, but onve you get through the first week it does start to become easier

Comment

AF Daily ~ July 5

Well THANK YOU SAUSAGE for checking in :H
          Where is everyone? This is crazy today!!!! Congrats on your AF time - doing great

Hi Mick, welcome to MWO! The Daily thread is a place where (usually several ) long term abstainers post I am assuming everyone is on vacation or otherwise hiding from the vicious heatwave we have going on here.

OK, I'll keep checking in & keep the lights on
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

AF Daily ~ July 5

Hi Lav and Sausage....not long in.Was at a meeting..yep in a pub!Made sure I drove there.Had 2 glasses of lime and lemon and to be truthful wasnt really bothered about beer-that bits easy, its the little bottles of vodka from the shop and the strong lager that is the one.Today has been pretty good,, couple of little voice niggles but that is all.I will bear it in mind for Day 4 and 5..roll on af day 3 :thanks:
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

AF Daily ~ July 5

Yhellough? Yhellough? Is this Igors borcht shop? Eh? What? No!? Oy! Whats heppen to all the ragularz? Is disgraceful! No wan here to say hi to new pepple.

Ok enough. Sorry you guys. I have been out shopping in my little Russian Doukhabor town, and been next to Babba and Dedi buyin halupshi (frozen, but is ok!) at the Kootenay Market, and kvetching about the weather.

Hi Lav and Sausage and Special hi to Mick. Well done Saucy on the three months plus.... BIG well done. Being stuck camping would have me circling ever closer on AL for sure. I admire your pluck.

I have been busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest. But Mr Kaslo has taken off to see his fam half way across Canada today, for a week, and I am all alone. So I am checking in to say no AL for me, even though I could get away with it. Well I could not get caught, but that is not exactly getting away, and besides which you lot would probably wup my arse. And rightly so.

Mick, stay out of the pub. Stick with us. Have you got a plan in place? How you feeling? You sound good! Anyway hope a few more of us check in. This is rediculous.

One thing is certifiably for sure.

k
              Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

AF Daily ~ July 5

Now I want some Polish food Kas :H :H

Glad you checked in & glad you are going to stay true to the Abbers theme while you are alone.
                Enjoy that alone time ~ sometimes it's quite enjoyable :H

Mick, get a plan pal - you need one & you need to know that you'll have to answer to us if you deviate from your plan We aim to please!!!

Well, I certainly hope the thread picks up tomorrow.......
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

AF Daily ~ July 5

Day Two

Hello, Abbers.
                  I got through Day 2 today with no thought of drinking. Even yesterday, Day 1, was a lot better than I'd expected. Pap3 really told it to me like it is: my drinking was only harming me, my husband, and my dogs, who always know when i am not sober. And Lav gave me good advice by phone. i think the Amoryn is already helping my anxiety. I am ordering more tonight. And the other night, when i could not sleep and was sweating and then freezing, I asked god for help. I guess I hadn't been doing theat for a long time.
                  Had a wonderful evening last night at dinner at friends' and watching the fire works from their deck over the lake. They had beer and wine and I was not tempted. was with the same group tonight at a "cruise" night with antique cars and a picnic. Again not tempted to drink. So I am taking it one day at a time, posting here, and trying to stay close to God and friends.
                  Good night and thank you!
                  TDN
                  "One day at a time."

Comment

AF Daily ~ July 5

this was not my favorite day. that is all.

Yay TDN!

shout out ot the regs and to mick.
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily ~ July 5

I'm here I'm here fabbers! Posting from my new EVO 4g lte. Great deal from best buy and I'm very happy I didn't go with the iPhone. feeling just a tad better tonite after hearing some good news about the paphut and wiring the running lites. Tomorrow I'll go for another try. I also found out I made it to round 2 of the selection process for the IT position at my school. Mixed feelings if offered it as I feel so pissed and betrayed by this org but we are talking a different department and division. It would also allow me to beef up my tech skills esp for outside higher Ed. So maybe things are looking up?

Welcome Mick! Lav is totally right-you needed a plan or you won't be successful. You can only white knuckle it for so long......

Hey sausage-thanks for checking in.can't wait for my first camping trip!

Lav-congrats on getting Maxie's girlish figure back! Can we still call her piggy swissy?

Hey sunni but! Where the heck are ya?
                      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily ~ July 5

Xpost tdn and greenie. Welcome back T! I'm glad you decided to join us again. Please sick close-you know we're better than Al any day! Greenie-sorry you had a bad day-get some sleep and tomorrow should be better.
                        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily ~ July 5

It's after 11 pm but I had to check in. I'm not used to worrying about the Abbers so much

TDN, I am very, very happy for you
                          Stay close ~ I truly believe in the power of this group.
                          Kicking the anxiety in the butt was the key for me

Greenie, it wasn't trash day? Tomorrow should be much better!

papmom, keep looking for the silver linings, huh?
                          That's what keeps me going.......
                          I'm starting to think about a new phone myself, hmmm.

OK, Piggy Swissy is still piggy swissy but at least I may be able to shove her into her bikini this summer :H
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

AF Daily ~ July 5

Hi all , how you doing today?see Ive only been on this site 3 days and beginning to talk in American phraseology! Yep Lav I have a plan....but for that plan I need a goal,so bear with me and see if this makes sense..12yrs ago I gave up smoking.admittedly it was hard at first, but it happened, so lets go.It is also for me a necessity..remember the curtains nearly closed once before for me
                            My goal....to enjoy life to the most of my ability
                            to not be reliant or dependant on alcohol
                            to be able to wake up without feeling rubbish
                            to get back a good level of fitness
                            to change my outlook on life

HOW... to take one step at a time
                            to work with others like yourselves to achieve it
                            to pass on as time goes by how I feel/felt to help them
                            to make sure I tell my friends I have quit drinking
                            to use MWO..you will be sick of seeing me!!
                            to accept that I cannot moderate my drinking
                            to keep a diary of how when I feel the need to drink
                            to reward myself every week I do not drink
                            to put myself in a position where I would not want to let myself or others down
                            Copy the demon drink letter and keep a copy in both my wallet and car
                            to record the letter on to my phone

that is the start.. but to remember the plan is fluid..and is subject to change if I find other things work or dont

Hope this makes sense....sorry for rambling on

Comment

AF Daily ~ July 5

Hey guys,

I just dropped in to eavesdrop on some longer term abbers and, Mick, just wanted to say your plan speaks to me - I could have written every word of it and have taken it on board, so thank you and may it prove a winning one for you.

Day 5 here for the umpteenth - but hopefully last ever - time.

Lilly

P.S. Is this thread and daily specifically intended for more long term abbers? don't wish to gate crash any partys.m

Comment

Working...
                              X