Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily~Friday, July 6ope today

Good morning. Abbers.

Feels good to be back starting off the thread for the day! Just checking in to say it's great to get up at 5;30 for a start of my day sober!
    welcome to Mick and Lily--keep up the good work!
    Pap3, so happy things are looking up for you!
    Greenie, hope today is better for you!
    Check in later, as i have to get ready for work. Hot and humid later today. but an absoultely beautiful morning!
    TDN
    "One day at a time."

Thanks threedognight
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good morning TDN & all Abbers

Fabulous to see you here bright & early TDN. Stay put & enjoy your AFness because you know it just gets better & better

Hello to Mick & Lily, glad you dropped in yesterday. We do have some long term abstinent people posting here, some not so long but we all have one thing in common. We are very serious about sobriety & living the good life. We will give you a serious kick if/when you need one :H

I'm heading out to take care whatever needs taken care of before it gets any hotter outside - yuck.
      Definitely not a fan of excessive heat & humidity. Grateful for a clear head & outlook today!!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning TDN, Mick and Lav!! Thanks for starting us up T!!

It is a gawgeous morning here as well! 70, sunny, little humidity and a nice breeze. It will all change in a few hours or so. got to get my butt out to the Paphut and crawl underneath before it gets unbearable!! Gotta feed the pups first tho!!
        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Hello friends!

Just checking in from hot, dry and windy Nebraska! Crickey--it's been a scorcher of a summer so far. Wildfires all around and the pastures are spent. Thank God for water or we would be in the dust bowl for sure!

I have been uber busy trying to get more time in at the cemetery, plus my other obligations. I head out early while it's cool. come home mid-day (sometimes take a nap), then head outside here to work on yard, garden and chicken chores. By the end of the weekend I hope to be pretty much caught up. (for now)

I must say, it would be IMPOSSIBLE to keep up this lifestyle and pace if I was still drinking and smoking!

I was doing some thinking the other day when I managed to piss hubby off when he was trying to help me in the garden (after he'd had several beers), about how much I have changed. I feel like in a lot of ways I am a better person--for sure a better mother--but in the wife department I need some work. I guess nobody is perfect-right??

Greenie--I hope your day is better, and TDN--I don't know what happened to you, but so very glad to see you back here!!! I think Sunny has been busy stacking hay bales according to FB. What a woman! Welcome to Mick and Lily and everyone else here on the daily AF.:h:welcome: Glad you're feeling better too Pap and a big HELLO to everyone else!!

Well, I can feel the voracious chickens staring me down from the pen wanting their breakfast! 1 more week and they will be in the freezer. (I will kind of miss them--think I'll get a few layers-never done that.)

Have a great sober weekend all!!:h
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Good morning Abstinence folk, thanks TDN. Big hi to Mick, and Lily. Pap3 you sound terrific....Greenie, dont you hate bad days?

I cant help wondering is some of our relatively recent folks have fallen off the wagon and are too worried we are going to give them shit for it if they have. I have worked out an equation, because Miss Science Panties herslf would like to better understand the thermodynamics of Poultry Dung Behaviour.

The MWO Abstinence Equation

Definitions:

AT= Alcoholic Tendencies
            DT= Numerous physical symptoms of alcoholism
            SL= Hard, soggy liver, increased enzymes
            DUI= Potential to harm self and others
            Egyption RIver= In DENIAL
            and
            SNL = Short Nasty Life
            Plus residuals such as swiftly accumulating piles of bottles

Miss Sience Panties equation is as follows...

AT + DT + SL + DUI = SNL if and only if the subject Y is down the Egyptian River.

Solve for a better life.

I promise I will not make anyone do the math.

Love to all
            Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Hi everyone

Finally got a Connection on Internet for first time today.

Am close to getting 1000 posts and becoming a senior member!!

TDN so good to see you back on here and starting off the thread today.

Like your equation Kas!

Mick I liked your plan, read around here as much as you can, note down any inspirational quotes etc that will motivate you. Also have you seen the " Rain in my heart" documentaries on You Tube? Definitely worth a look.

Good to see you here Lilly too. I like this thread a lot. It is a great place to post and stay accountable.

Hi to everyone else. Have a great AF day.

Sausage x
              Day 134 AF

Comment

Hi all....whats all this about sunny weather?Send some over here to the land of major flooding!Hope you are all well...Sausage havent seen those but will do.Well this has been day 3 for me.. bit tougher today but used parts of strategy to help .How about you all?
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

SAUSAGE;1346724 wrote: Hi everyone

Finally got a Connection on Internet for first time today.

Am close to getting 1000 posts and becoming a senior member!!

TDN so good to see you back on here and starting off the thread today.

Like your equation Kas!

Mick I liked your plan, read around here as much as you can, note down any inspirational quotes etc that will motivate you. Also have you seen the " Rain in my heart" documentaries on You Tube? Definitely worth a look.

Good to see you here Lilly too. I like this thread a lot. It is a great place to post and stay accountable.

Hi to everyone else. Have a great AF day.

Sausage x
                  Day 134 AF
                  :contrat1000:

Comment

I just went back and read Micks plan. Sorry I am on the edge of the worlds time zones. Mick, your plan is BRILLIANT. Very thorough, and I like what you said about writing it down at the time and not putting it off. Thats key, I think.

I think you are on to something, in that you are trying to work through stuff instead of giving into impulsive behaviour. AL really damages the brains ability to distinquish between self deception and the recognition of consequences. After a long time, that ability improves, and of course there are other HUGE benefits. Ie as you put it not feeling rubbish. It sounds simple, but unfortunately the AL brain is willing to accept the eventual rubbish for the promise of a brilliant moment, which never comes, which is a lie and which ulitmately injures us and others.

Well done, Mick. Very glad you are with us.

PS I know I sound like a total eegit, but in fact, I am one.

Kas
                    Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Miss Science Panties is certainly no eegit :H :H

CONGRATS to you SAUSAGE on your Senior Member status
                      Looks like I'm getting closer every day to 10,000 posts......that's a lot of yakking :H

Hi Satz!

Mick, you will get used to our bizarre sense of humor ~ it grows on you, like it or not!!

papmom, Be careful doing whatever you are doing under the paphut!

LVT, do you do the butchering? No way I could handle that but then I am no farmer/rancher.
                      Keeping the laying hens is more my speed
                      Btw - I am sure you are a perfectly wonderful wife!

The heat wave continues....
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Yooohooo Fabbinis!

Sorry, been MIA in barn/horse/hay/garden/breaking-then-fixing-tractor/rock picking land :upset: I'm not entirely sure why I look forward to summer anymore.... it's STINKIN' hot and humid and the list of chores is getting longer, rather than shorter!

However, I do have time right now because I am grounded for the day... my back gave me the unmistakable warning shot. And all I was trying to do, was start the weed whacker. Sigh.

So, how's everyone else? What'd I miss?

Sausage, welcome to the chatterbox club
                        LVT, I'm with Lav.. I had to behead a rooster once (who was half chewed up by a fisher).. I couldn't handle the butchering, either.
                        Lav, how's lovely little Miss Matilda doing? Oh.. that reminds me.. I had to bring Boris back to the farm I got him from :upset: Mind you, it may be too late... Miss Bubbles has been gone for over a week now... the fighting between the two of them got to be just brutal and she was clearly afraid to come home. She tried to avoid him - he stalked her. MEN!

Anywho.. best try to hobble off now and see if I can't get SOMETHING accomplished today. Happy weekend! I'll be off on the ferry tomorrow visiting with friends down south until Monday
                        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Yay Sausage on achieving Senior member status!! It's pretty cool isn't it?

Sunni-just about to send out the Mounties for ya!! I'm so sorry about both kitties. I do hope Miss Bubbles turns up unharmed. sniff sniff.

Well, It took 6 hours, some creative problem solving, a small hole in my leg, a hole in the inside back wall which on hindsight probably didn't need to be made and a mild case of heat illness, but by god the Paphut has running lights!! If I may be so bold, I freakin' rock! Pink Power!!
                          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

This is trememdously rude - a bare minimum hello. I'm off to look at refrigerators. Any thoughts on brands you like or hate? Thanks! I'll read the thread later - apologies.

This week sucked. That is all.
                            sigpic
                            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Sears Kenmore Greenie!!!!

They last forever, God bless them!
                              I have only had to buy two of them in my lifetime
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X