Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily~Sunday, July 8

Good Morning, Abbers!
    Just thinking how much I miss Shue's morning coffee in the French Press. Hope she's doing okay and just too busy to post. And Sugar, too.
    So nice to wake up sober to a beautiful day that is already much less humid. And I am looking forward to the day, not dreading it. And not beating myself up for the slip/relapse, as i know I can do it with lots of help from MWO. All winter and spring this is where I started my day, and often where I ended it. I also had the support of AA, which is hard with my work schedule now, but MWO was/is my primary support.
    Lilly and Mick, I hope you are both doing well. Lilly, you sound very strong and focused. Hope your evening went well! Mick, hope you check in today, too.
    Okay, need to start getting ready for a nice walk to start off this beautiful Sunday.
    Hope everyone has a great AF day!
    TDN
    "One day at a time."

AF Daily~Sunday, July 8

Yes hi TDN and all to follow

Yes I too miss Shue and Sugar - hope they are OK and check in soon.

Today is day 136 for me. last night I went out for an Indian meal and didn't miss alcohol at all.

Off to play tennis shortly with my 6 year old son whonis very keen. Then we are all going swimming. Am keen to follow the Wimbledon final today also especially with Andy Murray playing.

Hope everyone OK

Sausage x

Comment

AF Daily~Sunday, July 8

TDN, I can't tell you how glad I am to see you back! :l

Sausage you are doing fabulously, steady at it with your busy schedule. Your day sounds like fun!

Mine on the other hand...... will involve moving refrigerator/freezer contents . And a bit of chainsaw work. Yesterday I was a bad dog and climbed around in a tree with it. My goal is to get the branches cut up by Wed AM for trash day - too bad it's hot as hell here. I'm really bummed about the resultant fishbowl effect. Those evergreen branches provided a nice visual buffer between me and the neighbors. I think I want to be Kas's permanent uninvited guest. :H

P3, yes, I did learn quite a bit from last summer's bathroom(s) extravaganza.

Lav a trip 99 for piggy swissy? Good job!

LVT I remember you getting your fridge and liking it. I'm glad to know it's an LG.

Marshy, peanut butter in a trap works well. Or a bit of raw bacon. They are hard to steal without springing the trap. I'd really like to give you my cat. How's the counseling going?

Lily and Mick you both sound like you have lots of energy going for you in your AF journey. And strong positive attitudes too! Keep it up!

Is 7:30 too early on a Sunday to crank up the chainsaw? :H Guess I'll do laundry.

One thing's for sure.

Where's Det?
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily~Sunday, July 8

Good Sunday morning Abbers!

My neighbors don't give a flying crap about cranking up chainsaws, tractors, any large piece of equipment not to mention target practice, my BIL's habit of shooting groundhogs, roosters, etc all at the butt crack of dawn :H
        Just don't let the heat get you Ms Greenie!
        Plant white pines on your property line - they grow fast & provide lots of privacy - I know

Greetings TDN, It sure is nice to have you back & making the coffee!
        I love & depend on the power of this group!

Sausage, keep on enjoying your vacation AF - nice!

Today is day 11 of the heat wave & hopefully tomorrow the temp will drop back into the 80's.
        I have had enough, that's for sure! I should get myself together & out to the supermarket before all hell breaks loose out there :H
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily~Sunday, July 8

Hello friends,

Hope your heatwave ends soon, Lav. We are enjoying lovely cool temps this weekend and it is amazing! This feels more like June should have felt. A welcome relief for sure!

I was feeling pretty lazy when I woke up and laid in bed feeling the cool breeze, thinking about how wonderful it is to wake up on a Sunday morning feeling good. Way too many weekends spent sleeping in trying to recuperate from a hangover! YUCK!!! Never, ever want to go back there--crazy!

It is day 2 of operation catch-up. Hubby helped me clean house some yesterday--which is nice, but I have to remember not to take his comments or actions personally.:H

TDN and Sausage--keep up the good work! It is sooooo worth it! Greenie--please stay out of the trees with your chain saw!!!

Hope the others check in soon!

Have a great sober day all!:h
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Daily~Sunday, July 8

Good morning Fabbers. WELL DONE TDN. Enjoy your sunday sounds lovely. Sausage, tennis and swimming sounds perfect, I was thinking this morning about all the stuff I can do now that I dont have a hang over on the weekend (or during the week, at one time a few years ago), and its really great. Its life as it should be. Hi to Lav this morning, so this is your exs brother there at the butt crack of dawn, as you put it (lol!). Ah the beaucolic rural life, eh? Why does my world sound like a Red Green show?

Greenie, two bad about the tree loss, but leylandi cypress grows very fast (needs a lot of water though) . Still its rude shock. And schlepping frozen food sounds kind of depressing. I should have eaten that. Will I ever eat that? What IS that?!

Big shout to Marshy, Sug, Shu, M3, P3 and all others. Yesterday day was lovely by the pool or in the pool and avoiding work needed in the garden all day. I would be driving north right now with a load of crap and my daughter yacking at me the whole way, so I am very grateful for a couple of days more of peace and no work. Mr Kaslo is in Saskatchewan, hard to spell, easy to draw. Coping with stuff in the family crap collection, at my BILs farm. The BIL is a wheat and rape seed farmer with just under a million acres in various crops, so the barns for the machines are like aircraft hangars, (we have that in common, Mr K and I, very large buildings.....). Thats a lot of family crap. Most of it should go to the dump according to Mr. K. He is feeling put out, and grumpy and w/o a car. So my advice to him this morning over Skype was.....RENT a car, get out with your cam, forget your family stuff for w while, take a break from it.

Hmmm?

Its time for me to bust loose right now as a matter of fact. I have no pain in my stomach or eyes, I dont feel sick, I have energy sort of kind of.....ok MAYBE A SHORT SWIM first.

Everyone have a great day. ANd Greenie, you ARE an invited guest.

Kaslo of the 90 degrees in the shade, and snow is only on the mountain ridges. Off to weed, then swim, weed then swim, weed then swim.
            Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

AF Daily~Sunday, July 8

X post LVT...your hub helps clean? Holy crap, woman! Id take what ever slings and arrows cast at me in exchange for some help around here.

Have a nice day. I know what you mean about Sunday morning and feeling well. It ROCKS.

k
              Kaslo

Comment

AF Daily~Sunday, July 8

Hi

Hi all how was your day?mine was sooo close, Ive put the story on the newbie nest post, but I can proudly say, first weekend, day 5 af. CHUFFED hope it went well for you all

:thanks: to you all

Mick
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

AF Daily~Sunday, July 8

Hale to Mick. Long may you remain sober. Well done. Every day it gets a little easier.

kas
                  Kaslo

Comment

AF Daily~Sunday, July 8

Go Mick!

I spent the day with the chainsaw. O-M-G... do I have the nerve to pick up my take-out order in PJs?
                    sigpic

Comment

AF Daily~Sunday, July 8

I would Greenie :H :H
                      I hope you got all of your chainsaw work completed!

Mick, congrats to you!
                      Next weekend will be a bit easier, you'll see

Kaslo, hoped you enjoyed your weed/swim day!!

LVT, today is supposed to be the 11th & last day of the heat wave ~ sure hope so,
                      How did your catch up day go?

Hope everyone has a cool AF evening!
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily~Sunday, July 8

Hi all!

Happy to wake up on Day 8 - so the first week (again) AF done and dusted. Looking forward to week two, which is always when I really start to feel better.

TDN, well done and I hear you. I have never been to AA but am spending a LOT of time here at the moment. I am feeling very strong and focused right now but I know enough from the last year of struggling not to get cocky. I also read somewhere here once that the time to shore up resolve for when you want to drink is when you don't want to - so that's what I'm working on at the moment. Spending as much time as possible reminding myself why this is the RIGHT decision.

On which note, my boozey book club last night was easy. The hosts are huge drinkers and not close enough friends to spill my heart to so I brushed over their initial offers of drink with a quick 'off the booze, on a health kick, diet etc so HOW ARE YOU?' Got the "What? Why? Are you sure you won't just have ONE glass" But it was easy to push it aside with a 'no, no I'm fine - how are YOU anyway?' change-subject-quickly and drank an entire large bottle of mineral water out of a wine glass instead.

It's sooo much easier when you really have mentally taken the booze off the table as an option. There I was surrounded by wine bottles and everyone drinking wine but me but for once I wasn't having that mental agony of 'oh maybe just one - maybe just tonight' wrestle with myself. But, as I said, I know this resolve could weaken any time so I'm working that muscle as much as I can right now.

Sausage, you are doing so fabulously with your AF vacation and working through the temptations you've had. And I'm sure you're enjoying the tennis and your kids all the more for it, right? Keep it up!

Kaslo
                        , totally relate re the weekend. I've done some great things over the past 5 weeks that would have once been unheard of - like going on a 10km coastal walk; volunteering to paint at this non-profit I'm involved with because I knew I could actually commit to being there at 9am on a Saturday; getting up early and going to an art exhibition; finding that by noon I've been to the gym, had breakfast and read all of the weekend paper. Isn't it wonderful?

Well DONE on the AF weekend Mick
                        - that first one is a tough nut to crack and you've done it! Onward and upward for you!

Comment

AF Daily~Sunday, July 8

LillyE;1347719 wrote: It's sooo much easier when you really have mentally taken the booze off the table as an option. There I was surrounded by wine bottles and everyone drinking wine but me but for once I wasn't having that mental agony of 'oh maybe just one - maybe just tonight' wrestle with myself. But, as I said, I know this resolve could weaken any time so I'm working that muscle as much as I can right now.
                          BRAVO! BRAVO! BRAVO!
                          sigpic

Comment

AF Daily~Sunday, July 8

greeneyes;1347783 wrote: BRAVO! BRAVO! BRAVO!
                            Thank you Greenie I feel good right now. It felt good last night. I just want to do all I can to *stay* in this headspace.

Comment

Working...
                            X