Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daliy - Monday, July 9th

Good glorious morning, Affies,

Just got off the early morning flight back and, boy, do I need my coffee.!!! Sorry for disappearing on you. I have been travelling and then travelling some more. Last trip was for fun – Transilvanya – went to the village where my dad was born. I had far too much food and no real coffee for a week now. Soooo …

I am cranking up the French press and I am brewing a super mean French roast. Sorry, decaf and tea will have to wait a bit, I really need to get into gear first.

I miss normality, for the past 2 months it seems that I was travelling almost every week. I missed starting my day by making the coffee for you guys then popping in for a chat.

I have almost 2 weeks of posts to get through and a ton of work waiting so I’d better get going.

I wish you all a wonderful summer week. Big hug!!!!
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Morning Shue ( and all to follow) great to see you back. Coffee has been a bit hit and miss these last couple of weeks!!

Off to another camp site next couple of nights, not sure if I'll have Wi Fi so don't worry if I disappear for a couple of days, but I will try and check in when I can.

Have a great day all.

Sausage x
    Day 137 AF

Comment

Hi Sausage..another campsite??hope the weather is better than here!!!Have a great af day
      Mick
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Looky looky! I'm here with the over the pond people! Damn sleep fairy abandoned me! :H It is beyond me how I can fall into bed so exhausted and wake up at dark thirty wide awake. I guess it's odd to me as I equate that with boozy nights.

There you are, shue! Glad you're back and and that you had a fun time. I'd love to see pics from your travels ~ hint, hint.

Sausage I'm so envious of your camping. FH and I used to camp a good bit back in the day. Ah well, maybe that time will come again.... with someone else. :H

On day 6, right mick?

Going in to work today, hoping to pick up some extra $ to pay for the fridge. I'll need to work 7 days a week for a year to do that.

Stay cool! Or dry or warm or whatever wherever you are. And stay AF!

Meant to mention I watched a national Geographic show Sunday on alcoholism. Part of a Taboo series. 2.5 million annual alcohol related deaths. Think about that. Wow. Scottsdale AZ has super tough DUI laws. Straight to jail for 10 days and a huge fine for starters. They reduced the DUI cases by 50%.
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Good morning!
          Shue, my heart skipped a beat when I saw your name!! I'm SO happy to see you back! And the coffee is just what I need this morning. Glad you are still AF and just traveling a lot.
          Sausage, your camping trip does sound like fun!
          Greenie, so sorry you'll have to work so hard to pay the bills--but you couldn't do that if you were drinking!!
          Mick, read your post on the newbies nest last night. Wow, I am proud of how you handled yourself when the demon called to you on Saturday! Your plan is really working! You and I are both on Day 5, so let's keep each other in the fight, okay??
          Lav, Kas, Lilly, Pap3, LVT and all to come--have a great AF day!
          I am hoping to go and pick some lovely rasberries this a.m. before work at 11:00. We have a beautiful farm nearby with rasberries and blueberries, and I have picked them for years now. It is very cool this a.m., and if the weather is anything like it was yesterday, it will be a perfect day!
          Very worried about Bud, who as most of you know, has cancer. He has been coughing a lot and seems really hungry. have an appointment with the holistic vet late this week and hope she can help. And our 15 yr old, Rusty, is having a lot of trouble getting around. Only Dirty Harry seems in perfect health! But I have to stay strong for whatever comes with them.
          Okay--more later! Going to read some of the other threads.
          TDN
          "One day at a time."

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

This prolonged heat wave has moving like a slug - ugh! 11 days of that was quite enough for this granny.

shue, welcome back, you have been missed. Oh, and your coffee as well :H

Sausage, still camping in the rain? Hope you are enjoying yourself anyway

Mick, you are doing just great - good for you!!!

Greenie, sorry the sleep fairy missed you. I guess we just expect perfection when we conquer our demons......I thank God for cable TV, Netflix, etc, they provide distraction & good company :H :H

TDN, so glad you are doing well & can enjoy life's simple pleasures like berry picking!
            Believe it or not - I let all of my raspberries go to the birds this year once I realiized the raspberry bed is full of poison ivy I will probably end up talking YB into just tilling the whole thing back into the ground. Our dogs, just like our family members have a limited time on this earth. Loving them & giving them good care is really all we can do. Please don't stress yourself unecessarily :l

Time to haul myself to Curves then back here to do I don't know what!!!
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning everyone!!!!!

Shue...I was wondering where you have been...it's good to have you back on here and your coffee sounds delish! Your trip to Transylvania must have been awesome....would love to see pics!

Sausage...it souds like you are having a blast...so glad!

Green....the sleep fairy blew right past my house too. Damn fairy...I am going to set up fly tape outside my bedroom window so maybe I can catch her tonight! Ha!

Hi Lav....Sorry about the raspberries but just the thought of poison ivy gives me the willies!

TDN....berry picking sounds like fun. If I tried to do it here I would melt in the field.....it's already close to 90 degrees and it's not even 10 am yet! Ugh!
              AB Club Member
              AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Good morning my Abby-friends! It's day 1,878,301 of the heat wave and I've had about freaking enough of it! I would like to step outside the door at some point this summer. Ugh.

Shue I am so happy to see you back here! I was just thinking about you yesterday. I knew you were busy with business but didn't expect you to be gone for so long. I'd love to see some photos of Transylvania if you have some.

Sausage you sound unwavering in your strength. Funny I remember your early days and you've made a huge transformation. Is your husband settling in to the idea that you're a nondrinker?

Hi Mick and welcome to you. Sorry I didn't say hello earlier; just been laying low. I found it helpful in my early weeks to hang out here with people who had some time under their belts.

Greenie, my apologies but I stole the Sleep Fairy last night. Went to bed around midnight and my husband had the nerve to wake me up at 9:00am! Felt like whacking him over the head! :H Interesting about the NG show. I think laws like Scottsdale has would keep a lot more people off the road. Ten days in jail? Yikes!

TDN I am envious of your weather. Sounds nice. I'm so sorry to hear about your dogs. Poor Bud has been through so much. I had 3 cats who were all within 2 years of each other in age and they all died within 2 years of each other not too long ago. Even though they were nearly 17 years in age it all seemed to pass so quickly. Breaks my heart to lose them. I hope that your vet can help Bud. I think him being hungry might be a good sign. Positive vibes for you and your babies.

Lav I hear you on the heat. Enough already! I barely walk outside the door these days.

Dest I'll share the Sleep Fairy with you tonight.

Last week at work a group of my coworkers were talking about what they liked to drink. On and on about whiskey and vodka, etc. One woman who I've been out with maybe 8 years ago said, "FlyAway is a wine drinker!" I said, "FlyAway is a non-drinker." She said, "I've been out with you before. FlyAway is a wine drinker!" And I said again, "FlyAway is a non-drinker." Someone said, "Did you quit drinking?" I answered yes. Someone else asked how long it had been since I quit and I casually said, "Oh some time around the beginning of the year." Yeah right, like I don't know the exact date! Ha! One guy who I work with who also doesn't drink gave me a fist pump and said, "Alright!" The others seemed confused and someone said that with all my headaches it makes sense for me to not drink. But it was funny how I shut the whole conversation down with that comment! One guy even suggested that drinking would probably help my head. Yeah right. I think I have enough drinking time under my belt to know that isn't true.

But after the conversation was over and I had some time to process it I felt somewhat proud of myself for putting it out there to everyone that I am a non-drinker. I want to be identified as one. No shame, no fear of being questioned, I am a non-drinker. This is who I am and I like it!

Comment

Hi Fy....so good to see you! Thanks for sharing the fairy with me....I will pass it on to Greenie when i am done! Ha! How brave of you put everyone in their place that you are a NON-drinker!!!! Well done....well done!!!!! You should be proud of that title!
                  AB Club Member
                  AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

I'm baaaaccck! It's just a bit nice to be in the world of showers, no sand in my bed, and wifi after 16 days of wilderness camping in the Grand Canyon. I'll have lots to share later, but suffice it to say I am SO glad I am a non-drinker. I am thrilled! I embraced every tiny moment of this adventure with clarity and joy and full coordination - which is kinda of important around steep cliffs and big white water. I even had a few Sober for the Revolution buddies along for the ride.

I'm not quite home yet. Got a long day of air travel so I'll make this quick. I want to catch up with what's happening here. I'll post more later!

Love to you FABalinos!
                    Sober for the Revolution!
                    AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Hi everybody how are you all?Hope you have had a good af Monday.Spent today rabbit proofing the garden.Just got 2 rabbits from rescue and they love exploring.If 1 of them jumps any higher then he is going into the Olympics.! do some tr

Shueaddict... you do some travelling!!Glad to meet you

Sausage you at your new campsite yet?

Greeneyes...are you still with us over the pond people?Yep its day 6 nearly done.Its 9 at night over here

TDN How are you doing?Still fighting?This is our day 6..lets get going and back each other through this.My OH came home tonight, and had a glass of wine....Me I had a cream soda, and guess what..booze never even entered my head

Lav fancy swopping some rain for heat? As far as berries go, my strawberries are an excellent feast for slugs who decide to munch on them in the night Wouldnt be so bad if they ate just one but like kids in a sweet shop..a bit of them all

Hi Flyaway..pleased to meet you..well done with the non drinker reply.Isnt it strange.. if you had said a non smoker then no one would bother but because you said non drinker its as if you just landed from Mars!!

Hi turnagain hope you enjoyed the Grand Canyon,though wouldnt mind seeing Alaska!!

Well peeps once again :thanks: for all your help and support....we can do it

Mick
                      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

There you are Turn
                        Congrats on being back in the land of showers & wifi :H
                        Wishing you a safe trip home!

Fly, you sound good & that makes me happy
                        I am so ready for some 'normal' summer weather.....tired of feeling cooped up.....like a chicken.

Destiniey, hope you are staying
                        The weather is beginning to improve around these parts which is great - I couldn't take it much longer.
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi Mick - we cross posted

My big dog chases bunnies & groundhogs away from the garden. Too bad she can't do anything about the poison ivy though :H
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hey Lav...we had a wicked thunderstorm come through here before. I guess my raindance worked! Ha! The rain was intense and the lightening was crazy! The temp actually went from 95 to 76 in a matter of like 30 minutes.....I'll take it! Ha!
                            AB Club Member
                            AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Hi all,

Day 9 here and feeling fine though I did wake up very sad about all the wasted time thanks to AL - the regrets, the missed opportunities, the 'is it all too late?' (I'm 37) type of thoughts, you all know the drill I'm sure...

FlyAway, I LOVED your post about your work place conversation. Good for you! Yeah! Even HELL YEAH!

Part of my new determination is to start coming out of the closet - at least to close friends - about the fact I've actually quit rather than "I'm taking a break" "dieting" "detoxing" blah blah. But it may take me awhile longer still to feel confident in saying that. That said, I have found that if you are firm and brisk about the fact you're not drinking - just matter-of-fact, no excuses, people drop the issue a lot faster. In the past I've been waffly and that's when others have given me a hard time.

TurnAgain, your sig totally cracks me up

Comment

Working...
                              X