Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekly AA Thread - July 9 - 15

Everyone:

I want to say first that I'm going to FL later this week to help my mom out w/some chores. So, you won't see me at the end of the week & early next week.

I just read the end of last week's thread. It was wonderful to see that the AA groups around the country are so welcoming & helpful...especially in our hour of need. It does take time to feel comfortable in the rooms, but I eventually did. Now, when I go into an AA meeting, even one in a different part of the country, I feel welcomed & a part of the program.

Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Good Morning Retteacher
    Still a little shy around new groups but my home group is truly my home.
    Good luck with your mom and chores.

Comment

PQ: We're not leaving until Thurs, so I'll be here for a while. I was VERY shy in some of the groups...especially if there were mostly men. I still get a little uncomfortable when I'm the only woman sitting there. I think that's to be expected. I just looked up the AA meetings for the part of FL we'll be in. I know it'll be a nice experience to go to a meeting in another part of the country. M
      October 3, 2012

Comment

Glad to be back at my meetings today.

Comment

I wrote down a bunch of meetings to go to in FL. It's so comforting to walk into an AA room & find the same kind of welcome we give newcomers & visitors here. I have to clear my mother's condo & there will be a lot of work to do. So, at the end of the day, a meeting will be just what I need. In my drinking past, I would get drunk. Now, I don't have to do that. Mary
          October 3, 2012

Comment

The thread is a little light this week. Hope it picks up next week.

Comment

Hi everyone, hope it is ok to join this thread, I attended my first AA meeting on Monday and am going to the next on Friday, I have yet to quit completely, I am reducing my wine consumption down from 2 bottles a night (currently on one) to nothing and will be AF by a week on Friday, I have struggled with bad anxiety attacks today but trying to hold it together
              Taking it ODAT

Comment

I've been sober 4 days 18 hours 6 minutes and 45 seconds....but, who is counting Since Monday I have been to 6 AA meetings. I have 2 sponsors.

Today I had a business meeting at what I thought was a restuarant. No....it was a bar. They asked me to wait for the client by sitting at the bar. I literally felt myself getting drunk just sitting in the bar stool! Went directly from there to two meetings!

Texted all my support buddies. Talked to sponsor on the way home. I am don't want to drink, but I am on edge.

I'll probably repost this to the daily thread.

Comment

Wow sunflower 6 meetings is some going!! have you found they help you? congrats on your almost 5 days sober:goodjob:
                  Taking it ODAT

Comment

Yes.....lots of help!

Comment

Good work Sunflower. It is not easy.
                      Love and Peace,
                      Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

It sure is not easy. A severe craving tonight nearly sent me to the looney ward. Actually, I was there in my head. Going to bed sober.

Comment

Well done sunflower
                          Taking it ODAT

Comment

I am going to my second meeting this evening, apparently it is usually very quiet - only half a dozen people rather than the 30 or so who go to the Monday one, i am very nervous as there will be nowhere to hide!
                            Taking it ODAT

Comment

Everyone: I'm back & am glad this thread remained active. I'll be going to meetings all weekend, as I was unable to while I was away. I need my meetings as much as anyone but the cravings do abate after a while. one day at a time. M
                              October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X