Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Friday the 13th

Good morning , fabbies,

I thought a lot about what was said on the thread yesterday, and the day before ? about how ?once a pickle you cannot go back to be a cucumber?, I finally need to swallow this bitter pill somehow. So far I have been telling myself that I don?t drink because I aim for a healthy, better life, because AL gives me nothing of value. That even if I could mod, I?d rather not put AL poison in my body (the same way I wouldn?t eat processed meat or candy). But I never faced the fact that most likely I can no longer mod.

Acceptance and humility ? these are my thoughts for today.

How about that coffee now?

TND, I know you are busy with the shop ? but do come and get your cuppa ? got the EVCO out for you today.

Porqoui ? big hug to you, that is a lot of nasty stuff to deal with. Vent, rant and shout your anger and resentment out. I?ll listen !

Greenie ? thank you so much for your words yesterday.

Mick ? how is it like to be an AF Scot in England?

Lavande;1348931 wrote: Lav has been too busy enjoying her AF life today to check in :H
    I just loved this so much. This is why I love the AF daily ? life goes on. For a while all I could think about, read or do seemed to revolve around quitting drinking, over and over again. It was Turn who so rightly sent me here. Thank you again Turn, and all of you for guiding me.
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Hi shue..oops up early this morning and thought I would start a 13th thread..apologies! with regard to living in England being an af Scot..you know the reputation Scots have got...when you say you don't drink..probably get less looks if you said you'd robbed a bank!!

Have a nice day
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Morning Shue, Mick
      It's ok to get addicted to MWO isn't it?
      I love knowing I can check in and get my day started in the right direction.
      Working throught the sh$%^&t without AL and doing great with everyone's help.
      Have a great AF day and I'll check in later.:thumbs:

Comment

Hi guys-Dad going in for Surgery today-sort of major. Has to spend the night in Hospital. He's 84 so any prayers would be appreciated.

Yes, I am a Pickle and proud of it!!

People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim.
        Ann Landers

TDN-I'm so sorry Bud is dying but you've known this for a while. You and hubby have done so much to try to cure him and give him a quality life and you've succeeded in the quality life part. You now have a choice: Drink until you die and miss out on Bud's last moments here on earth, or be fully present for him and make sure that his last few days, weeks, months are the best ever. Its your choice and I'll tell you that he knows when you've given up. I hope this message isn't too late for either of you but if Bud had to pass onto the Bridge over the last few days I will cry with you. But, I will not give you a bottle to drown your sorrow.

I'm sorry if this seems harsh to anyone but I can't save Bud. I can sure as hell try to save my friend.

I'll check back later when Dad is in recovery.

:l
        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Pap - I'll say a special prayer. 84 may sound old but I know many people who overcame difficult health problems at that age. I learnt from them to cherish life (and not waste it drinking).

Mick - You posted first, I am the one who needs to apologize! I am married to an Irishman who does not drink much. I know the looks he gets when he's saying No to a pint after work.

Porquoi - I am also addicted to MWO - in the beginning even more so. Sending you some positive vibes.
          workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Good morning Abbers & Happy Friday the 13th!!!!

Nothing but good luck is in order for all of us today
            I'm just enjoying some coffee before the girls get up & the day gets into full gear.

Shue, I think we are all beautiful pickles! It definitely takes a while to get used to being diferent but it's worth the effort

Mick, porqoui - glad to see you both reaping the benefits of an AF life!

papmom, will be thinking of you & Dad today!
            My brother has had yet another major piece of work done on him this week (clearing a carotid artery) & I have been in hopeful, prayer mode all week :l

TDN, please check in & stay with us!
            We have to learn to accept death & grief, it's part of being alive. Our pets are very special members of our family but just like people we cannot keep them going forever :l

I will be taking my daughter & grandaughter home later today. It's been a fun couple of days, for sure!
            Wishing everyone a great AF Friday!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Grateful pickle checking in!

Pap - hope your dad's surgery goes well and he recovers quickly.

Mick - how is it working with birds of prey? Sounds amazing.

Lav, have a great day with the family.

Shue, it takes time and thinking to reach acceptance (did for me, anyway). Keep at it!

Hi to pourquoi & all to come. Have a good day all!

Picking up from my last visit... Greenie, not sure I could trap a mouse. Ug. Thanks for the offer of the cat though. :H No further sighting of nibblings since I threw out the food recycling bin Counselling going very well. I enjoy it - find it interesting and often illuminating, and sometimes upsetting. All good

Kaslo, I read a story yesterday that loads of rats are emerging from sewers in London because we've have so much rain they've been flooded out. Still, we are off to Greece on Sunday so they can have a big rat party in the kitchen for all I care. Actually, a colleague of GF's and her husband are coming to stay at ours for a couple of weeks while we're away because they've having building work done on their house so maybe they wouldn't appreciate a rat party.
              sigpic
              AF since December 22nd 2008
              Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Rushing off to work, and have had a terrible time with my AOL email. Somehow got a virus that emailed a lot of people on my address list and just now was able to send emails again.
                Thank you all for the good wishes for Bud. he seems a bit improved and is going to see the holistic vet on Monday.
                Will check bak in later,
                Praters for your dad, Pap3!
                TGN
                "One day at a time."

Comment

Hi Everyone, especially Marshy, thanks for thinking of me.

Pap, well said. Can I just add...TDN, dogs live max 22 years usually more like 8 to 15. You know that. When you drink, you drink to drink. You may call it drowning your sorrows, but thats for people starting out drinking. (I love the quote from Ann Landers). For us, its just drinking. There are are lots of reasons why and its not just about your dog. For all of us after the tipping point, we drink to drink. And we are masters at self deception, denial, obfuscation, blaming our drinking on other people and things and situations for it. In the end its up to us. You have a therapist right? And have had some experience in rehab? I bet they have already helped you with the coping skills.

I have been staying off here purposely because I have had a really rough couple of days. Its ok, Ill get over it, and allthough AL fleetingly crossed my mind, Im am unscathed. Tired, beat up, poor and pissed off, but unscathed re alcohol.

My love to all.

Kaslo
                  Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Kas, I hope things are improving for you. Want to vent about it?
                    sigpic
                    AF since December 22nd 2008
                    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

hey everyone-Dad came through surgery just fine. I'm leaving in a few to go up and see him.
                      Thanks for the PMs and the prayers. They worked!!

Kas-hope everything is better now.

TDN-glad to hear that Bud is rallying a bit. Stay strong.

Marshy-good to see you.

Gotta run.
                      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Pap, thats great. He must be like you.

Marshy..... &^%$##@@@**_UH&&& KKK****%$#)(!!!

thank you.

K
                        Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Such foul language Kaslo - hope you're feeling a little better now :H :H
                          Don't stay away when you're upset. If nothing else we're good for distraction

Rats Marshy?? Yikes!!!!!!!
                          Hope your trip to Greece is fabulous.

Good news about your Dad papmom!

Hi TDN - computer viruses are a fact of life, unfortunately

Well, I've taken the girls back home. It was nice having them here for a few days. I need more time with them - I think hanging out with my grandsons so much is making me just a touch crazy :H
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Whew, long day.

P3 I'm so glad about your dad! Hope he keeps his spirits up and gets well soon.

Marshy I'm glad you're liking the counseling. Have a great time in greece! I saw something about the military out and about today.

TDN, good news about Bud.

Kas whazzup with your past few days?

Aww... lav I know you'll miss the girls. Send me some leftover blackbean burgers will ya?

I'd like to hear SOMETHING from det.

bed.
                            sigpic
                            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ditto, wise and wonderful green one!

Pap...just feeling relief for your dad...and your whole family...((HUGS))

Hugs to you, too KAS, my Cascadia Queen.

and yes...where the heck is our DETER?

and SunniButt...

and Sugarbeat...

and AlmostFamous...

and BlondAFAmbition....

and Universal....

and Mum2 ...

and Flyaway .....

All you AWOLs and more (forgive my feeble memory if I didn't list you...) Please report to the mother ship STAT!!!! We miss youses!
                              Sober for the Revolution!
                              AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X