AF day Monday 16th July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF day Monday 16th July

Morning everybody..wakey wakey, we still all here?Hope you all had a good af weekend and didnt contribute to the Governments alcohol coffers!Woke up about 4 this morning, to the sound of rain and thought...nah so here I am at 7. Coffee and tea for anyone interested.Another plus from doing this that I am improving my keyboard skills.OK so I still type like I am using a hammer but its getting better...(ish)

Shu...special cofee for you..whats the weather like on the mountain today?Wher I live is pretty high up..and the weather is always that little bit different from the town which is lower down

Hi Lav how are you today?Did you get out at all yesterday or was it too hot?

Greeneyes did you go and see your friend yesterday?

Hi Lifechange..lovely to see you..glad you have made the decision to bin it.I went through the stages that you did as i am pretty sure everyone else did until you get to the point where its a no brainer.Starts with...what problem?..look at all them they drink more than me, besides I could stop if I wanted to.
    Next stage.. will only drink at weekends/weekdays.Ends up you drink on every day with a y in it!
    Next stage..ok just have a couple then go on to soda water or whatever.Ends up ..still feel ok, another couple wont hurt,I will have 2 less next time.And it goes on.Once you realise, and this isnt for everyone,that you are not capable of having one drink and no more, plus you understand that it aint doing your health, physically and mentally or your pocket any good then you are on the way.Keep going, there is a better life without the bottle and there is tons of support here This is my 13th day so I am a beginner too, but already I can feel the difference.There are lots of tips on here, but one thing is to make a strategy up on how you will deal with the cravings, I was told that 13 days ago and it works. Sorry for the rant, but just trying to show you we are all the same in trying to beat this

Hi porquoi.. you ok today on day 18?Yep its great ot be in charge again with all the benefits ,as long as we remember Mr alcohol is looking for a way in all the time..heres your coffee!

Hi Kaslo.. you ok ? nearly 18 months well done.Yep I know Leith used to go to school not too far from there..up Leith walk towards Haymarket.Love your turn of phrase "couldn't find his arse with both hands

Turn again. those pictures are superb.Reading your post was really interesting.You are obviously quite a fit person climbing all over the place but the outcome is worth it,As you say it gives you peace and solace.So why do we want to screw it all up for a bottle of poison???I watched from my garden Longhorn calf number 3 being born yesterday in the field not 40 feet from my fence, and yet in the past I chose as we all do to ignore this for a bottle!!

Hi Sausage how are you on day 144?Is that your camping finished for a while now?I am pretty rubbish at posting pics too..cant get the hang of it

Hi Papmom,, glad your dad is ok just think tho..work pays for what you enjoy

LillyE morning to you..well done..glad you never gave in.. kind of soup did you make?Go back to your post that you put.".I love being up early feeling great instead of crawling out of bed late hungover feeling I've wasted the day." and you didnt, so now you are on day 16

Hi sunshine gg..those pics are really nice of your garden..doesnt look too dried up to me.

Well folks going now..it is now 8.30 am.. had to write this twice ..first time it vanished into the wild yonder.I am pretty good at that.Where ever you are and what you are doing have a good af day

Mick
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

AF day Monday 16th July

Dang, Mick, we did it again !!!

When you log in and start typing - MWO automatically logs you after after about 10 min. It looks like you lost your post ... effin' frustrating at times. But I also found out that once you logged back in, bang! the post is there.

thank you for the coffee and I just love the upbeat tone, particularly on Monday morning.

Tell you what, tomorrow you start, I'll wait.

:l
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

AF day Monday 16th July

thanks so much, mick, for your support.
      really great going on your journey. you sound so strong and focussed. i'm very happy to be here in your company..

Comment

AF day Monday 16th July

Lifechange you are very welcome..go for it
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

AF day Monday 16th July

Good Morning Mick, doing great on AF day 18. Dealing with a bit of family stress, as usual, but making it through without the crutch. Had a great AA meeting yesterday and it really helps to put things in prospective. I am grateful for my sobriety and the friendships I'm forming here. Have a great day. PQ

Comment

Working...
          X