AF day Thursday 19th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF day Thursday 19th

Good morning all you af ers...How are we this morning?No one jumped on the booze bus...good then off we go.Tea and coffee are on the go now for you all, but unfortunately I cant have any..got to go for blood tests this morning at 9.30 so had to fast for the last 12 hours :upset: Still please be assured that when I leave the doctors I intend to make up for it!!!Weather here is pretty miserable..raining and misty..Just looked out of the back window and alll the cows and their calves are sheltering just behind our fence.One had its head over the fence trying to eat the laurel bush..was going to chase it when I saw its horns and other features..its a bull!! ok ok anything else you want to eat while you are here?cup of tea perhaps?

Well day 16 now great stuff

Hi Shue, how are you today? still full of beans ?good.Had any more good dreams as opposed to car pranging?just as well they are dreams..your insurance would be through the roof!!Reading your posts,you do a lot of meetings..and I look at your avatar and think..is this how they hold their meetings? chuck your shoes on the table :H

Lifestyle how are you?wow you really have got yourself together well done..have another coffee.Did you go to the sales after all?go on girl treat yourself.No you aren't being selfish you have a responsibility first and foremost to yourself.Whatever you do as long as it doesnt actually hurt anyone else is part of your coping mechanism

Satz ..how are you?day ahead of me..when I was thinking about it you were doing it, well done keep it up

Morning Lav..you can have a big cup this morning.. you've put it back together now, the abstinence ship is in order,well done you.Could I be one of your hens? Iced water wow if that's the drinks would love to see the food menu!Did you get the car yesterday?Whats it like?

Porquoi, good morning to you.. day 21 well done.All ok in your world? what are you up to today any adventures?

Lilly E...well done you really coped with that meeting well.How did you feel afterwards ?pleased with yourself?great .See you can do it without the artificial crutch :goodjob:

Morning Kaslo of the swollen Columbia river..how are you today ? Is the Kitchen painted yet?got this little inkling you werent over the moon doing that!!:H:H Oh well time to do the rest of the house now I have just decorated the spare room and I know what you mean..I would rather walk about with a stone in my shoe .I am the original comedy act with wallpaper

Sunflower welcome how are you?well done for not taking a drink at that bar..you say yuo felt crap..Imagine how you would have felt after the drink You have been af before, and also not drinking at that bar shows you can do it.. so go for it we are all here for you

Decided to put an avatar in.Its a kestrel ..one of the rescue birds where I work as a volunteer.
    Going for a shower, trying to waste 1hour and twenty minutes till I can have something to eat and a brew.

Wherever you are, whatever you are doing have a good af day

Mick
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

AF day Thursday 19th

good just after noon abbers! i had to run out to the gym before signing on--otherwise i would have procrastinated until it was too late to go. i know myself!! Mick, thanks for the delicious coffee. i hoped you rushed back from the doctor to have a cup. and i hope all is in order with the blood tests. your avatar is sooo sweet. i am also a birdlover-- we had a blue tit nest on our balcony this year and it was such a treat to be able to watch the parents collecting and building. thank you again for your encouragement--i do feel like i'm in a completely different frame of mind. actually like never, NEVER before. it feels so good. way to go on your 16 days... you seem to be moving along steadily. there's a real calmness in your voice.

Porquoi, great on making it to 21 days!! 3 whole weeks. it's so nice to see you here each day.
    Lav, when we had our chicken, toby, we lived in phoenix, az. i never thought of giving the old girl iced anything. i hope your chickens know how fortunate they are.!

Comment

AF day Thursday 19th

Lilly, great on doing that meeting al-free. i haven't yet had to deal with a super stressful situation. and fortunately i don't anticipate any in the near future. of course there are those you can't anticipate. but i'm usually worse if i can see it coming.! you asked about what i've been cooking. i've been doing a bit of a cleanse (coffee and a bit of choc are allowed, by the way!!) and have mostly been taking advantage of our very short growing season by buying whatever looks best at the local organic market. baby beet root and greens, chard, green beans, squash and tomatoes, all salads and herbs!! it's paradise. lightly steamed or raw with oil drizzled over. we have a guy that cold presses every kindof oil you can imagine. then i throw in an egg or a piece of fish every now and then. what do you like to cook? do you eat a lot of seafood? i'm a touch more elaborate at work, but because my boss is on a health kick, i've been able to do more or less the same there as i do for myself.

Shue, how are you this morning? afternoon--
      hello to Sunflower and Satz. and Kaslo!!

wonderful thursday to you all.

Comment

AF day Thursday 19th

Good Morning Mick, Lifechange, and everyone to come...slow and steady seems to be my motto these days. Learning a lot of patience right now. Hopefully the lawyer will call today and court tomorrow. Once I get the power of attorney and guardianship changes finalized, I'll be able to just enjoy bding with my Dad for the time he has left. I am very grateful for my sobriety as I know I wouldn't have been able to cope with all this while still drinking. My moods are positive and my son even commented yesterday that I seem so much happier and calm these days. Out of the mouths of babes....
        Have a great AF day all, will check in tonight. PQ :whee:

Comment

AF day Thursday 19th

good morning, porquoi--
          i hthink slow and steady is just what the doctor ordered! i am so happy that you are able to be fully present for this time with your dad. and that you are in the right state of mind and have the strength to deal with your sister. i'm here supporting you with super duper positive brain waves. how old is your son? how great that he can communicate with you.
          have a wonderful day,
          Life

Comment

AF day Thursday 19th

good morning, porquoi--
            i hthink slow and steady is just what the doctor ordered! i am so happy that you are able to be fully present for this time with your dad. and that you are in the right state of mind and have the strength to deal with your sister. i'm here supporting you with super duper positive brain waves. how old is your son? how great that he can communicate with you.
            have a wonderful day,
            Life

Comment

AF day Thursday 19th

Good morning Abbers,

Hot, humid, cloudy & even a bit foggy around here this morning - not pretty

Thanks for the large coffee Mick
              I did pick up my new car yesterday. Couldn't take any pics because there was a thunderstorm going on at the time :H
              Here's a link to the Chevy website for my cute little car:
              2012 Chevy Cruze | Compact Car | Chevrolet

I'm not really a nut case with my chickens. It's just sad seeing them drop dead when we have excessive heat like this (100 degrees the past few days). The ice water & frozen treats seem to be helping so far this summer. I don't know what the people with cattle are doing to cope with this heat!

There's a kestrel around here who enjoys picking off birds parked at the feeder ~ just nature I guess!!

Greetings Lifechange, porqoui & everyone to come!

I have some business to take care of this morning then I'm meeting friends for lunch. There is zero chance of any of them ordering a drink
              Have a great AF day one & all!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF day Thursday 19th

Hi guys, I am late today ... I missed my posting slot in the morning then my day in work just took me.

Lav ... Cool wheels, baby. Love it.

Porqoui, I am also quite happy and humming to myself these days ... People in work have noticed.

Lifechange, that sounds like healthy cooking.

Mick ... Thank you for getting us started on such a positive mood, love it.

I lost my previuos post so you are all safe from my rant.

Lilly, I just lve the way you write, i like to read your posts, I wish I had your eloquence. What you said in about the blind leading the blind .... Thinking back, I kind of lived through that in a really well meaning thread. We all super supported each other and got as far as we got on sheer will, a bit of reading but missing essential tools.

I have been looking at smart recovery, thinking about joining online, no meetings available here. Loads of people have had very positive feedback on them.

Kas, i really hope that river of yours gives you a break.

Here comes my rant ... Sorry, I have been building up all day.

Next week i have to travel for work, 3 cities, 2 countries, 5 days. All carefully planned with other people too ... Had to change last minute because a suicide bomber blew himself up in a bus full of Israeli tourists, at the airport. Whyyyyy ... Killed 8, injured badly the remaining 32. Now we have 2 aiports closed and will face increased security for months to come. I'll have to drive over 1000 km. I hope the bomber is met in the afterlife by 7 horny devils and that he's the promised virgin.

Rant over .
                workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

AF day Thursday 19th

Hi guys, I am late today ... I missed my posting slot in the morning then my day in work just took me.

Lav ... Cool wheels, baby. Love it.

Porqoui, I am also quite happy and humming to myself these days ... People in work have noticed.

Lifechange, that sounds like healthy cooking.

Mick ... Thank you for getting us started on such a positive mood, love it.

I lost my previuos post so you are all safe from my rant.

Lilly, I just lve the way you write, i like to read your posts, I wish I had your eloquence. What you said in about the blind leading the blind .... Thinking back, I kind of lived through that in a really well meaning thread. We all super supported each other and got as far as we got on sheer will, a bit of reading but missing essential tools.

I have been looking at smart recovery, thinking about joining online, no meetings available here. Loads of people have had very positive feedback on them.

Kas, i really hope that river of yours gives you a break.

Here comes my rant ... Sorry, I have been building up all day.

Next week i have to travel for work, 3 cities, 2 countries, 5 days. All carefully planned with other people too ... Had to change last minute because a suicide bomber blew himself up in a bus full of Israeli tourists, at the airport. Whyyyyy ... Killed 8, injured badly the remaining 32. Now we have 2 aiports closed and will face increased security for months to come. I'll have to drive over 1000 km. I hope the bomber is met in the afterlife by 7 horny devils and that he's a virgin.

Rant over .
                  workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

AF day Thursday 19th

Thank you for all the "hello's", I am still trying to get to know everyone.

Today we had a big all day work meeting. Imagine my surprise when I won an award for my performance. In the past whenever I was told I was doing a good job...I would drink....in part to celebrate...but, in part because I did not feel like I deserved it. At first I was a little nervous about the award.....but, then I realized I had only gotten the award because I had reduced my drinking days significantly over the last 3 months. I was trying to do ABS....but always slipped. When I realized this award was a direct result of the days I did not drink....I was pretty happy....and was motivated even more to stay ABS forever. Just imagine what I can accomplish if I don't drink at all? And I love that this award can sit on my desk as a reminder of what can be accomplished without AL.

Also...it was nice go up to the front of the room not nervous that I smelled of booze or felt hungover.

Hope everyone is well....and look forward to getting to know you all.

Comment

AF day Thursday 19th

Shue,
                      That's a lot of driving, be safe!
                      That bombing was all over the news & I thought of you immediately
                      I guess we'll never see the end of crazy people blowing themselves & others up for what??

Hi SunFlower, glad you are here with us & congrats on the award! It's always nice to be recognized for your efforts and you do deserve the award! I can't believe what I have been able to do since I stopped pickling myself. Getting rid of the crippling anxiety was my forst big reward ~ the sober life is good

Speaking of pickles - where's greenie this week?
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF day Thursday 19th

evening Fabbers!! Wow! so many new avatars!! Happy you have all found yourselves here. Please stick around! Now, where are our regulars?????

Mick-thanks so much for starting us off and brewing the coffee and tea. I hope your MD appt went just fine.

Sun-welcome! You handled yourself great yesterday! Congrats on your award! That is so awesome!!

Shue-I am so embarrassed to admit that I didn't pay too much attention to the news and just assumed the terrorist attack was in Israel. I am so shocked it was in your country!! What a horrible thing to happen!

Lav-your new car is so cute!! I'm sure you will really enjoy it! Did a couple of your hens perish in the heat? I hope not! Come on up to NE-we're enjoying some dry mild weather-cold front came through last nite along with very severe thunderstorms and torrential rain for the eastern part of MA. A funnel cloud/water spout was sighted and videotaped just north of Boston. My part of the state got absolutely no rain whatsoever but we did get most of the cold front so sleeping last nite was bearable.

Life and Porq-you both sound so good. Please keep up the good work!

So life has thrown me a good curve-I actually got called back for a 3rd interview for the IT position at work!! It will be with the VP of the division. I have no idea if there is another person being presented as a finalist or not but I think we have gotten past the courtesy interview stage. Fingers crossed.
                        Also, last nite I mangaged to dumped my desk onto the floor and almost destroyed my laptop. I had a brief thought of crumpling into tears and a pity party but pushed past that, cleaned up the mess and assessed the damage. I broke 2 keyboard key covers and bent the spacebar but other than that it is fine. I've already ordered the replacement keys and unbent the space bar as much as possible so it at least works. Had I been drinking who knows how I would have handled the debacle. Not well I assume. Def would have been reason to have 1 or 6 more!!

Tonite is Burn Notice and Suits nite-my favorite!! I have also gotten through 2 library books in a week-2 more to go!
                        Have a great nite everone!!
                        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF day Thursday 19th

Kas!! you painted your whole kitchen?? Want to come visit??? So sorry you've lost more trees on the beach. Better than the house tho right? Hoping the rains stop very soon!!
                          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF day Thursday 19th

Greetings FABulicious ones...

Lost my earlier post...hope ya'll are enjoying the day wherever you are....

Sunflower....I am just THRILLED to see you here. It's pretty amazing to see the difference between you now and just a few weeks ago. You have HOPE. And determination. And clarity about what it takes to break free of this hideous addiction. It is just marvelous to see you healing before our eyes.

Keep going, my friend. Let us know what we can do to help you as you grow stronger.
                            Sober for the Revolution!
                            AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

AF day Thursday 19th

ahhhh...Pap. Hugs! You sure handled the laptop dump with grace and calmness. That is just cool.

Fingers crossed on this interview. Whatever company you end up working for will sure be lucky to get you.
                              Sober for the Revolution!
                              AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X