AF day Wednesday 25th July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning everybody...had a bit of a lie in this morning its now 7.10 am.How are we all this bright and cheery morning?The big orange thingy is still in the sky over here ,so I guess its still summer.Tea and coffee on the go for those that want it..Im on number 2 already.Yesterday was a bit of a bummer for me..the big toe saga continues Went to the chiropodist yesterday to get it fixed..he wouldnt even look at it.Apparently it is badly infected, so much so that I have got to go to the hospital this mrning to see what they can do.This is after my own doctor told me last week that it was ok and it would heal up on its own.I have split the nail and it has gone down the side of the toe and infected it so it has to be cut out.,and I am now on antibiotics 4 times a day as it is kind of sore.If there everc was a case for al ,it was yesterday..Iwas so pd off,but guess what..went home and had 2 cups of tea!!hows that for will power.Anyway we shall see what today brings in the sequel!!

Hi Shue, dont know where you are but hope all is ok..You sound full of energy!!Knowing you,you will have done a 20 mile hike by now !Here have a coffee.

Morning porquoi brew for you too,how did your day pan out yesterday?how are you feeling?Did you get anywhere with the legal stuff?Keep your chin up.We are thinking of you.

Look ..never forgot you today!!Good morning Satz cofee for you?How are you today?Still in the lead by a day? hmmm must be a way to catch up Glad you went for te soda and not the wine.Well done

Good morning Lavande,how are you this fine morning?Hows the patient today?better than this one hopefully less narky .Thanks for the inf refernce the pics I am going to try it after

Hi lifechange how is your early and busy day today?Coffee for you?thats dedication..taking the computer to work with you.Yes I did see your post this morning..not even time to stop for a brew..my you are a busy lady..have a nice af day

Flyaway..well done you..6 months next month great..you will do it and beyond this time..want to be saying "well done you "in 12 months.

Morning Lilly E..your choice..tea or coffee.sorry no crumble will make some more this week
    Day 25 well done..soon be on the big 30.

Hi Sunflower..how are you today?good I hope.Whats this with checking your accounts at work?Hope your day goes well.

Good morning Kaslo..early start so you might not read this, but hope your day goes well.

For all those that I haven't mentioned a big hi..hope your af day goes well..even when things dont go as planned..remember booze wont solve it..just distorts it for a wee while

Mick
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Just practicing!! view from back garden
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

view from back garden.

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1905715=6925-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/...0/IMG_1362.jpg

playing with photobucket..nearly right!!!view from back garden

Comment

Oh Mick, a bit jealous of your view - how lovely. So much more pastoral and peaceful than my inner city street outlook I can tell you. The mooing of cows is probably a tad more tranquil than the roaring of trucks too I'm guessing.

I'm about to log off for the evening shortly but I saw your post and wanted to say I'm so sorry to hear about the toe, that is a real bugger. It happened to me once and ouch it was painful (a drag queen accidentally stomped on my open-toed shoe in a nightclub and split the toe right down the middle. And I was so hammered at the time I didn't realize how bad it was until I looked down and realized I was pouring blood out all over the place. Believe me - Al did not help at all in that instance.)

But! It's not a good case for Al - not at all. It's a good example of how Al would almost certainly make things worse. Firstly, Al and antibiotics - not a good mix. Secondly - having to go to hospital with a hangover = no fun. Thirdly - I don't reckon Al helps anything heal faster.

A nice cuppa is far better right now for what ails you. And also lots of these... :l

Comment

Good morning everyone! Today is the start of a new life for me! As you all know I have been struggling to get past double digits AF and keep falling and landing on my face! This past week was an eye opener when my extremely frustrated husband brought me to my parents house while I was drunk. This was a secret that I never wanted my parents to know about....but my secret was out and everyone was very supportive. It left me, however, feeling totally and utterly disgusted and ashamed. Feeling lower than low, I made an appt with my doctor and he put me on Antabuse. The pharmacy had to order it so I will get it today at 2 PM. Wish me luck! Perhaps I will start my own thread for "Antabuse Newbies"!

Mick...ouch! I hope your toe is okay! I had a horse step on my toe while he was turning (I was sober..this was many years ago) and he broke it. I ened up having to go to the hospital and they had to drill into my toenail/toe to relieve the pressure...so I can relate! Good luck!
            AB Club Member
            AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Mick..I forgot to thank you for the coffee!!!! What a beautiful view you have and I love the horses in the background! It looks like the one must've just rolled...his blanket is all crooked! LOL
              AB Club Member
              AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Good morning Abbers & Happy Hump Day

Mick, sorry about the ongoing toe saga
                Hope they help you out at the hospital.
                Glad to see your pic! I am surrounded by farms although I don't live on one. Lots of cows, corn & horses around here

Greetings Lily & Destiniey!
                Destiniey, I'm glad to see you are reaching out for help - whatever it takes, right? Are you going for any counseling along with the Antabuse? We all need to address our underlying issues & create new, healthier ways to deal with stuff

I'm off to Curves now, then my usual Wednesday routine. Wishing everyone a great AF Wednesday!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Greetings FABulicious Ones...

It just warms my heart to see such great AF progress! Congratulations to Mick and Satz on hitting your most recent milestones. There will be more. I can tell. And Fly....it is quite exciting to head into uncharted SOBER time territory. You've got the right tude to keep soaring. It really is a great adventure and just keeps getting better. LillyE...you're coming up on the BIG 3-Oh that looms large in MWO lore. Do you have a plan beyond that? I hope your plan is to keep moving ahead with Sober living. It is SO superior to drinking and dying.

Dest....this is such a tough addiction. I say...do whatever it takes to safely detox and then be willing to WORK at healing. It takes time. But there are many who have successfully done it. You can learn a lot from the folks here. Stick close. We're here to support you in every way we can. Breaking free of this addiction gave me my life back. You will love it on the other side!

In a few hours I'm driving my Dad and Stepmom to visit with my daughter down in Homer, AK - one of the prettiest places on this planet. Dad is 85 and while fit, I worry a bit about his ability to make such a long drive - about 270 miles of 2 lane road each way. I'm grateful I can take my work with me....so I don't fall too far behind. I should be able to catch up with ya'll if there's a decent connection where I'm staying.

Hugs to all.....
                  Sober for the Revolution!
                  AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Wishing you a safe trip Turn
                    Keep your eyes open for moose:H

Awaiting son & his family for dinner. The kid rarely takes a day off so it will be nice to actually see him for a change

Where are all the Abbers hiding these days??
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi everyone

Sorry to hear about the toe Mick, sounds painful. Liked your photo.
                      Destiniey, look forward to hearing how you get on with the Antabuse, you sound determined, glad your doctor is being supportive.
                      Turn again, hope your drive goes Ok, I'm really enjoying reading your story installments and gains lot from it.
                      Hi Lav, Lilly and everyone else out there today.
                      Day 153 for me and now I've completed another AF month I've updated my story again in the story section.

See you later

Sausage x

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the encouraging words! I took my first AB tonight at 5:10. It is such a relief to not be fighting in my head as to whether I should go to the liquor store and get my fix.....it is NOT an option! YAY!
                        AB Club Member
                        AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1343256648

keep going dest you will win.. you have done it before ..it will not beat you .took this pic this afternoon over garden fence..he aint pleased that you said his jacket was squint!!

Comment

It's nice to read everyone's journey. Mine had a slip last night. I came home, posted on here and all was good. Then I was looking for something to eat and found beer in the fridge in the garage that I did not know was there. What happened next was as if i just was on autopilot and i drank it. Truly scary. So it's back to day 1 for me.

Usually I would use this as an excuse to go ahead and drink right up through the weekend. Today I have no desire to drink.....and I have looked in every cupboard and threw out all the remaining AL. I found a bottle of vodka, that I think has been under the sink for two years now....I never drink that stuff....but, it's gone!

Comment

I did watch Taboo today. The one on Booze. Its still on demand if you want to watch it. I think they are taking it down tonight though. It certainly was an eye opener....thinking of having a glass of ethanol....makes it sound so less appealing.

Comment

Working...
                              X