AF day Friday 26th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF day Friday 26th

Good morning all... how are things today then?.. start of another af weekend, so here we go coffee is on , tea is on and...really splashed out today...hot buttered toast!!Does wonders for the taste buds, but not too clever in the calories department.Weather here is lovely... just let my rabbits out in the garden..they are worse than any kids!!

Welcome daisy..now on your day 2..take it a wee bit at a time and you will be fine..go for it you can do it,you have before..only this time challenge the things that let you slip

Hi Shue and how are you doing? finished zooming about now and chilling now? when you said you were up on the tallest building in Bucharest was that the Sky Tower or Central international? either way you are welcome to it.. too high for me..I get dizzy sitting on a toilet :H

Good morning Lilly E.... how are you this fine day?Weather hers is glorious.Not long now..day less till you hit target then you need to make your next target..like your no smoking, well over a year.Used to be in the Prison Service, was in it for just under 30yrs.Started as an officer and worked my way up.Probably drank my way through .. dont know Anyway how did your dinner go?I was going to say did you beat the temptation but I know you will have

Good morning Destiniey.. nice view from your window.. I have got to get out of bed to see it Welcome to day 4 ..keep going ,,you sound really positive with it..have a coffee and toast, I am on coffee No 2

Morning porquoi.. hope today is better for you than yest.Sounded like..scuse the French but you had a couldn't be arsed mood on.think positive, you have done so well. Complacency is the hole in your armour that will let the wee man in.Day 29 for you so well done keep it up.

Hellooo Satz and how are you this fine day?top o the morning.Still a day ahead of me well done you.

Hi Lav,,and how is the virtual nurse today?Coffee? toast? Chickens getting ice today too?So far the chickens are getting ice, Shue wants coffee with ice, come winter time I could do a great line in exporting the stuff!.Yes they did say to bathe the toe in salt water.. but to keep it dry, now bearing in mind there is a dressing on it that would make an Egyptian mummy proud kind of difficult to see a way round it without taking the dressing off..and they have packed the side of it with something too.Guess I will work it out by Monday!What are you doing today in the keeping busy department?

Hope you all have a great af day leading into an even better af weekend..whatever you are doing..take care and enjoy big hellooo to all the rest of the gang that I have not mentioned today

Mick
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

AF day Friday 26th

a very good morning to you, Mick! i have missed being here each morning. i am now on herbal tea after having had 3 coffees!! how many bunnies do you have? are they pets or are you raising them for other reasons?
    i'm very happy to see Daisy and Dest. here! and Porquoi, i also hope you'll get a break soon. your 30 day mark is just around the corner. do you have a plan set for carrying on? i will be glad to be at that point-- i think. i'm definately doing the one day at a time thing. it didn't help to be away from MWO. i found the stinkin' thinkin' creeping up quite often in places i hadn't anticipated! i'd forgotten (how could i forget in just 1 week?!) that work was such a trigger. i followed your lead, Mick, and had a pen and paper with me at all times--and lots of timeouts were necessary. my coworker prob. thinks i have a screw loose--i felt (feel) at times like i'm going mad.
    Lilly, you are also just around the corner from your 30 day mark! i'm looking forward to hearing how the dinner went. and also about your next plan of action. thanks for posting that link to spiritual river.. this leap of blind faith and the relentless persistence iis in my mind at all times.

hi to Lav and Shue and Satz and Turn and Pap and Fly. this thread is such a life line for me. am off for a run now. that's also been failing the past 3 days.

Comment

AF day Friday 26th

Hi Lifestyle how are you? forgot to mention you by name sorry.. but you are rushing about like mad!!
      Rabbits are pets..we got them from a rescue centre Female is the lop eared eating machine
      Male is the albino
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

AF day Friday 26th

Hello everyone,

I took a few steps back in technology ... Wifi in parent's house is down, plus, as I was playing with my niece I dropped my blackberry strainght into my cofee. I am told that since it was black, no milk no sugar the phone will make a full recovery. Apparently sugar kills all cirucuits ... One more reason sugar is bad for you.

Mick, I was up on the Sky Tower ... It is a pretty amazing project, I love it. I truly love heights (my addiction to heels is pretty well known). Careful when you step off the throne ...

Will post some more later ... This is as far as I can get on my teeny phone
        workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

AF day Friday 26th

those rabbits are sooo cute! and i have to say, Mick, i'm impressed with your ability to download the photos. i want to be able to do that!!
          Shue, i know i shouldn't have laughed at the blackberry story! but into the coffee cup? what are the chances? must've been a grande.!
          i am in need of some self esteem, i realized as i was on my run. i look so much to others (especially the bf) for reassurance that i'm "ok". it made me so sad -- i almost broke into tears the first lap around. probably 'cause i haven't been in days--the release of energy. i almost let myself go into pity party mode, but idecided to turn it around instead. pulling out the gratitude list. i'm also going to try to think of my possitive attributes. i'm sure there are a few i can dig up.
          hugs all around,
          Life

Comment

AF day Friday 26th

Morning all; another beautiful day here in Ireland. I think the sunshine makes everywhere look beautiful......and brings out the bright clothes and smiley faces.
            Feeling great today - been to a funeral this morning. Not so much a sad occasion, but really a celebration of a lovely inspirational lady....I know her family will miss her but I bet they were proud of how she was spoken of today..
            I am picking up my sister's foster child this afternoon - she is spending the weekend with me. She is only 6 and full of beans. She has been counting her 'sleeps' for weeks now, just looking forward to staying over here. My teenage girls love kids so it will be a fun weekend.
            IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
            Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

AF day Friday 26th

Morning Mick and all...Boy these last 4 days have been testing my resolve. Thank God I'm only 1 day away from 30, it gives me that extra keep going...goal in sight. My plan for my next 30 days is to rework my first 30 days and find out where I'm lacking in my strategy plans. It's not so much thoughts of AL as it is thoughts of how to deal with this thing called life. Maybe I need a lifestyles coach. Hah, there's a job! Keeping you all close with me today. Thanks for your ongoing support. PQ

Comment

AF day Friday 26th

Good morning everyone!!!!!!
                Mick...love the pics of the bunnies! The lop looks exactly like my 10 year old bunny which passed away on Easter...go figure! I rescued him from the sie of the road in a rain storm on my way home from the vet clinic where I worked. I also have a mini rex who is absolutely precious! Thanks for the toast and coffee....yummy!!!! Take care of that toe!!!!

Life, Shue, Daisy and PQ...good morning and have a wonderful AF Friday!!!!!!!
                AB Club Member
                AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

AF day Friday 26th

Good morning Abbers!

The storms that rolled thru here last evening did absolutely nothing to improve weather conditions. It's still as hot & humid as a rainforest out there - yuck!

I'm enjoying the coffee this morning Mick, thanks
                  Cute bunnies for sure. We had one when the kids were growing up & I loved him but was seriously allergic to him :H
                  Take good care of that toe, wishing you luck & comfort.
                  My husband (who is no longer in residence) spent nearly 30 years in law enforcement. It didn't make him drink, it made him go nuts

Shue, better to drop your phone in coffee than in the toilet - just sayin :H

Greetings Daisy, lifechange, porqoui & Destiniey!
                  Raw feelings & emotions are typical during the early days of your quit, trust me, I remember. Just stick with your plans & check in here frequently - really helps!

Now I need to figure out if my security system was fried last evening when it was set off by the massive lightning we had here. Scared the crap out of my companions & I ended up with 120 lbs of doggies sitting on my lap :H

Have a great AF Friday everyone!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF day Friday 26th

Morning Fabbers. Some progress being made in the "I'm just going to sit here and let the crap build up and house fall down around me" department. I did my dishes of 3 weeks (yes I'm ashamed but depression is tough to deal with and I felt like I had no control) and cleaned my pantry (where the sink resides). I did some tossing as well. Still need to clean the floor thoroughly but sort of counterproductive when you keep dripping sweat onto it :H. I'm still feeling very unsettled and down but having this day to myself to do whatever I wish is helping. I may very well get out my quilting and work on my current project. Its the only thing that really makes me happy these days.
                    It's a warm, muggy day again. It's only 73 but feels like a rain forest out there. We had some rain last nite and it's currently drizzling but no cold front. Tornado watches were out in my bro's area so they got the generator prepped. They have no basement which really worries me. I think their next big home improvement project should be a storm shelter! I'd like one actually but at least I have a basement. Last nite I got the crates all set up down there, the unused satellite receiver hooked up and fresh batteries in my emergency radio. I didn't vacuum up the cobwebs and spiders tho. They can live for another day.

Although I haven't felt myself lately and am reminded of my first 6 months of sobriety when I white knuckled through it all (with 2 falls) there is one thing I am very very sure of. AL is NOT going to bring me out of the dumps and it is NOT going to find me a new job or make my budget balance. I've accepted the fact, like Turn and Lav and Greenie and a few others, that AL messes up my brain chemistry in a most horrible way. IT's not my fault. I am not a weak willed, sloth of an individual. It is brain chemistry pure and simple. Once I accepted that, I had to start learning how to deal with everything life throws at me. And people who have been on this list for the past 2 years know that I've had a LOT of shite thrown at me. Sometimes I just have to go into the cellar of my mind for a few weeks and just ride it out. Other times I will use other coping tools or a combo of both. Sometimes I don't handle it well at all, other times I'm brilliant. The point is, we ALL learned early on that AL made us think it would solve all problems. And in our early days, maybe it helped somewhat. But what we ALL have in common is that AL alters our brain chemistry and like any other drug, we need more of it to get that "Ahhhh" feeling or to feel more confident. Unfortunately we go past the point of using it as a (poor) tool and just use it.... for everything. So, for those of you in your first week or month, please just understand and accept that it isn't a weakness of character that makes you crave the poison. If you give in, it will take your brain over again. However, you DO have a choice to take that first drink or not. That is where your strength must come in and your willpower. Once you say no to that first drink, then you will be able to get through whatever situation or emotional environment you are in. As you get further and further on in your journey, you will find it very easy to tell yourself that there are other ways to deal with "it" and you will be able to imagine how AL will NOT solve it and what the aftereffects will me if you give in.
                    So, hang in there, post all you want, journal, read-whatever gives you the strength to say no when the beast comes knocking at the door of your brain. If you can fully accept what AL really does to your brain, you can beat this. I promise.
                    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF day Friday 26th

Hi Everyone - just checking in .
                      Still on track for the magical 30 days !!!:yay:

Comment

AF day Friday 26th

Good evening Abbers,

What a day!
                        Papmom, I can sympathize with you today - when it rains it pours, huh?
                        After further investigation over the course of the day I have found that last night's lightning strike did more than screw with my secirity system. It also fecked up my two work computers
                        But the good news is that the IT guy (YB) stopped in & says he can get everything fixed this weekend - phew!
                        There is absolutely no fecking reason to drink over a bad day, right :H
                        There is always a better, healthier & smarter response to any situation

Satz, good for you staying on plan. You will feel fabulous when you reach 30

I hope everyone has a peaceful evening!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF day Friday 26th

You got it Lav!! I can't wait until everyone figures out our secret :H

If I remember correctly you had the same thing happen to your work computers last summer??
                          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                          X