Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Saturday, July 27th

Good glorious morning, fabbies,

It is 7 AM here and despite having gone to bed very late I can no longer sleep. I tried to watch the entire London Olympics opening but it ran too late here.

The heat yesteday has been unbearable ... 43 degrees at 18:00, told my son he could forget going to the park. I am not even thinking about AL ... i had one AF beer with ice lemon and another soda poured in.

Come and have your coffee, there's tea for pap too ( and a big hug) and some raspberry tarte.

I am driving home today, I cannot wait to get back up the mountain and cool off.

Mick, those bunnies are too cute, what will you be doing over the weekend?

satz, porqoui, dest, daisy and computerless nurse Lav, I wish you all a fab day.
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

I am so grateful that so many of us from all over the world have a chance to get to know and help each other. Shue...I'm reading your morning post right before I head to bed. We are so far away...yet...we are so close.

Here's the view from my daughter's back deck near Homer, Alaska at about 10:15 pm. I love this place. We had the most fabulous sunshine today. I played my accordion until my fingers were sore. AND I got a sunburn on my neck! A farmer's tan....accordion style. Very odd, believe me.

Okay...off to bed. I'll see the rest of you soon. Wishing you a FABulous day ahead.
    Sober for the Revolution!
    AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

good morning Abbers!
      thanks for the coffee and tart, Shue! glad to hear you're heading back to a bit of coolness--43 is too damned hot. we almost died here, too, yesterday at near 40, i would guess. will head to the lake today with L.--the little one comes home today (finally!) and i'm so looking forward to seeing her! has been 3 weeks!
      Turnagain, that picture is gorgeous. i miss alaska so much and have very fond memories of homer! there's a part of me that really wishes i had stayed in ak. and i play the accordian, too! never for hours at a time until my fingers fall off, mind you! have you been playing a long time?
      Pap, sorry to hear about your difficult times. i haven't had to deal with much these 2 af weeks--stresswise that is-- and i am a bit concerned of it happening, as it always does. i will handle it, though. i want what you and lav and turn and kaslo have! just read a nice piece about discipline coming from within and how it comes easily (can) if you're doing something you love. i'm working on finding what i love. it's coming!!

big hello to Mick (sleeping in!), Lilly, Satz, Porquoi, Dest.--am i missing anyone? Sausage!
      have a great day,
      Life

Comment

hugs to Daisy and Sunflower!

Comment

Good morning fabbinis. Thats photo is a stunner Turn. I am in Dawson Creek right now so not far away from you. (when you consider the whole globe) I have have been working in the bush up here and now i am driving back. We had a couple of really long days, but I felt I had to check in. We had a bbq with the client, her hub and the gun man and his wife. It quickly became very embarrassing, as this very mild mannered ex teacher bear watch guy got pissed to the gills and he and his wife began shouting at each other at the table. Mostly jist joking but very loud, agressive, and increasingly in French. My daughter (who speaks French, and I am not too bad either) could make out what they were saying and it wasnt very flattering. We were supposed to spend the night, this is the north and people are very hospitable, but we were all kind of not knowing what to do. I didnt really feel like staying there. At least they didnt try to get me to join them but I have to say, its been over a year and a half for me, and I was never a public drinker, but boy did that guy ever look like a total idiot. So we made excuses and drove down to Dawson, and now here I am logging in to tell y'all how much I hate what happens to people who drink too much. There but by the grace of God go I...

k
          Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

hi lifechange. you sound very good. keep it up, keep going ...so worth it///
            Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Morning everyone

Am very tired as I stayed up late to watch the Olympic opening ceremony, which I actually thought ran too late here in Uk too. Didn't finish til 00.45 Sat am - could have done with starting at 7 pm rather than 9 pm. Glad I watched it though, my favourite bit was when the Queen jumped out of the helicopter with James Bond !!! I also liked it when the torch was actually lit.

Yesterday I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and have been put on Levothyroxine, following routine bloods at the Drs ( I'd requested these because I thought I was anaemic, but I wasn't ) it explains a few symptoms I've had like feeling cold, freezing feet, tired, unexplained aches and pains! Breathless on climbing stairs and inability to lose weight since I quit alcohol (although I'm only about 7lbs off my ideal body weight). Last time when I quit alcohol, the weight just dropped off, but it hasn't this time.

I'm going to be watching the Olympics quite a bit over the next couple of weeks - really looking forward to it.

Have a great AF weekend

Sausage x
              Day 156 AF

Comment

Good morning everybody...yep like most of the world,I stayed up and watched the Olympic ceremony..didnt feel tired, so read for a bit then went to bed about 3 am. got up at 8..yep lie in.Weather back to normal now raining hard despite blue skies. thanks for the brew Shue.(poetry now!!)well needed.Probably a chill weekend doing some gardening in between the rain, was supposed to be going to a bbq, but think I have got out of that yesssss!!!!dont want to sound like a party pooper..but Icant think of anything more I would like to do than to stand in the rain clasping a soggy bun with either a charcoaled or raw lump of meat on it surrounded by people who with the best intentions in the world start as interesting but get more and more boring as inebriation kicks in!!Yes folks I'm available to brighten up those parties for you :H:H

Turn again that pic is gorgeous.The scenery looks ace.

Hi Lifechange.. hope you have a great day...you are doing brilliantly.

Hi Kaslo how are you?Wonder what they would have said if you had spoken to them in French whulst they were having their charade

Hi Sausage how are you?? hope all goes well for you with this hypothroidism..can it be cured?or is it something that you have to put up with?Like you I watched the opening ceremony..best bit I liked was the initial start where they went round the UK with the children singing.. England,Ireland then "flower of Scotland".. My other half sort of looked as if to say here we go again!!She is English and must have heard it a million times before!!As does every Scot that isnt back home does I was singing it.

Was reading a post earlier.. isnt it strange.. we are on a website, have never met each other, people from all nations (it would be interesting to see how many nationalities are on here)are on here,striving to meet a couple of objectives..to beat a common enemy and to help others to beat it too
                World leaders cant do that and they sit face to face!!Wouldnt it be nice if they could?Of course they would have to get rid of the 2 main stumbling blocks... financial gain and ultimate power!
                Not bad considering I have been up half the night

Day 25 for me today ..:thanks: to everyone that has helped..if you have posted here..then you have helped

Big shout to everyone that I have missed Satz,Lavande,Papmom,Daisy, Destiniey.Porquoi (hope all is well),and everyone else.
                Have a great af weekend..thanks for the coffee Shue going for refill 3 now

Mick
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Morning everyone; you all sound in great form today; love that photo Turn.
                  Sausage, hope your health problems get sorted.
                  Day 3 here and all is good. Heading for a swim in the next half hour. I feel great, as if I have surrendered to sobriety, if that makes any sense.....
                  Shue, Kaslo, Lchange, Mick, Lav and Pquoi, hope you all have a great Saturday.
                  IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                  Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Good for you Daisy well done
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Checking in folks. Still trucking and 1 day ahead if Mick:H
                      Have a great day everyone!!!

Comment

Are you guys trying to fool me. Mick, don't you want to see me get to AF day 30? I do believe it is Saturday July 28, but had to think about it. That would make it day 30 AF for me. Still on a downer but have lots of meetings planned today. Will check in later. PQ

Comment

Good mid-morning Abbers!

Having a lazy morning here, nothing much going on

I now have a list of all the electrical/electronic things I need to replace due to the lightning hit here Thursday evening. Talk about $$
                          Considering I have everything plugged into surge protectors, etc, I guess it could be worse.....

Hope everyone has a great AF Saturday. Mick & porqoui, you guys need to get your counters fixed so you really know how many AF days you have :H

Will be back later!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

It was hit by lightning:H

Comment

Greetings again - now it is morning for me. It is sunny again! Whoo hoo. I wake up soooooo ready for the day these days. Living free of addiction does that for ya. Driving with my folks back home today. It is a stunningly beautiful mini road trip.

Daisy! This is great news. You have never given up on trying to break free of this addiction. Accepting it for what it is - a toxin that damages from head to toe AND accepting that you need to keep it out of your body - is a HUGE breakthrough.

HUGE!

Satz, Porquoi, Mick, Dest, LC...

Here's a simple sobriety calculator for those of you who are chalking up those AF days and have so many you're losing track - that is cool!
                              AA History Sobriety Calculator

Sausage you do a great job of knowing your day count. Do you use a calculator or do you have a rainman talent? Glad you got your diagnosis re: the thyroid malfunction. Now, you can start getting the situation solved. I ended up having mine removed. Long story. But I believe the drinking destroyed it. OR at least hastened its demise.

Lifechange....my long lost accordion soulmate! I was just wishing I had someone to play with. I have just started learning how to play the accordion. One of the many great things about being free of addiction is reclaiming the time in our lives to do good and fun things.

For me, it's rediscovering music. Learning to play instruments comes quickly and easily to me but I still have to put in the practice time to get to the higher levels and I am having a blast with the accordion. It is really an incredible instrument. I bought a vintage, custom PETOSA with some of the money I saved from not drinking and smoking. It has a beautiful sound from high to low - it has a pearl finish and was designed to be compact yet have a full range of keys, reeds and bass buttons. How long have you been playing? If you have some favorite tunes that can be emailed - I'd love to learn and play along. You're in Germany now, right? hmmmmm. Maybe we can do a SKYPE jam session someday?

Speaking of doing things you love....Papmom, I sure hope you were able to find some comfort in the threads. It's an admirable skill to know yourself so well. Your posts are so powerful. I learn a lot about dealing with life from you....Thank you.

Lav - sorry to hear about all the lightning damage. Shue - no more phone baptisms for a while, K?
                              Sober for the Revolution!
                              AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X