AF day Tuesday 31st July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF day Tuesday 31st July

Good morning one and all,how are things today?Weather over here is up to its ususal standard ..rain!
    The toe saga continues!!..not fixed,without going into the gory details,Ive got another dressing on it,with silver nitrate this time..got to go back on Thursday now.Meanwhile cant put any weight on it, keep it dry etc, so basically cant really do a lot!!Getting quite boring now.
    THanks to all those so far that have subscribed to my other post.Its just an idea to see the number of different areas in the world that MWO gets to.I will put them all on my initial second post then anyone can see at a glance.

Tea and coffee on the go, and seeing that I cant do much else..toast too
    Hi Lifechange..how are you today?Noticed that you werent rushing about at breakneck speed yesterday..day of leisure??

Good morning porquoi...really nice to see you.Full of energy and positive..go girl ..give them hell!!

Satz and how are you today?thats the best one I have heard for getting taken out for a meal..no kitchen!! what did you do ?hide it??Yes know what you mean.its not as hard as you think to go into a pub and not have alcohol is it?Not long now till the big three-o for you..by my reckoning a mere 5 days that made you think!!..any plans for target 2?

Good morning Shue, to you,the noo.. there you go a full sentence of rhyme!!!coffee for you and some toast?.How did your day go yesterday? Firstly the sacking??.bottom line is if it has got to happen then so be it, not one of the best jobs to do, but comes with the territory of being in charge.But you are so right..the HR and contractual issues can be a minefield, need to be right on them.
    And how did the birthday go then?all to plan?what was the surprise (tell us..within reason!!)

Good morning Lavande ..coffee? if that's whats at the end of your rainbows.. I'm moving!!Have the storm clouds moved on yet?

Cantoo..wow good morniong to you..what a difference reading that as opposed to your first post.Brilliant.. end of day 4 af well done you.Caught the bit about you have still got lots to think about and admit...can I make a suggestion?write them down.It is so much easier to see things written down and to plan how to deal with them, than to let them whizz round and round in your head.Keep positive you are doing ace!!Dont let the wee man in!

Hi sunflower how are you today?so you are into yoga?not so sure I could for a couple of reasons.. about as flexible as a plank of wood, and secondly knowing me I would tie myself up in knots and not be able to get out of it

Lilly E CONGRATS on 30..well done you :l:l So your next goal is 42 days then..go fo it.One thing is that you recognized that there could have been issues (slippery slope) and did something about it .
    One thing I have thought about, when I reach the 30 mark, again like you,I intend to take time and reflect on my journey so far...strange as this may seem, another thing I will do in that reflection is...In the town near me, there is an area where most of the drinkers meet ,with their extra strength lager and cider,its actually in the middle of town,I am going to go up and observe them for a wee while,and how they behave and look not as a circus act, but to remind myself where I could have been had I not chosen this path, and how easy it is to fall or trip up.Does that make sense to you?
    The owl is in the rescue centre where I work..over time I will put them all on

Nother brew time!!!

Kaslo..where did fabeens come from? fancy you and me going into business as a comedy act!!jeez that spiel you did must have been heavy duty.Sounds like you had real fun!and what delights have you in store today for the world?

Right peeps going now.. so see you all later.Big hi to all I have missed today by name.Wherever you are, whatever you are doing..have a great af day

Mick
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

AF day Tuesday 31st July

Good morning Abbers!

Up bright & early today, am on babysitting duty for a few hours

Thanks for the coffee Mick! Sorry to hear about the toe. I am not a very patient patient either....don't like being forced to sit down
    Keep following instructions though & hope for the best!

Congrats on your 30 AF days Lilly - great work!

Wishing everyone a great AF Tuesday, will be back later.
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF day Tuesday 31st July

Morning Mick, thanks for the coffee. Keep trudging along with the toe, one day at a time. I'll be praying for you. It's great reading your morning post. It's like a snapshot of everyone's posts for the day. Keep up the other thread, good idea. It'll be interesting to see it grow. Have a great af day everyone.:happy:

Comment

AF day Tuesday 31st July

Good morning A-Fabulons from Planet T-total. Mick I hope your toe improves soon, are you allowed to get to a pool to get some swimming in with it? Perhaps not. And yes I may be a science panty wearing alkie but I am also a hopeless ass when it comes to fooling around. Cant take it too seriously you know, except for the staying sober part. That much I agree with all others on here. And by the way, I have to ask you, why would you go to the crossroads of greatest beer consumption to observe people drinking when you are trying to leave it behind? As much as you may think it will allow you to find them insufficient in some way, you may also note that they SEEM to be having a lot of fun, in a nice setting. And some of them really are. I am not among the AFrs that think alcohol consumption is pure evil and people who drink alcohol are hopelessly stupid, I just know it cant be for me, because of my genetics and its as simple as that. And I would not put myself where the "fun" is because of my health. I am pretty convinced I wont drink again, but never underestimate this addictions ability to suck me back in without so much as a whisper.

Hi to Porq, good to see you hanging in. And Lav as always good morning and good day to you.

Im off to the dungeon. I am hoping to get some sunshine by the river too. Where is Greenie?

Kas
        Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

AF day Tuesday 31st July

Mick;1357615 wrote:

Satz and how are you today?thats the best one I have heard for getting taken out for a meal..no kitchen!! what did you do ?hide it??Yes know what you mean.its not as hard as you think to go into a pub and not have alcohol is it?Not long now till the big three-o for you..by my reckoning a mere 5 days that made you think!!..any plans for target 2?

Mick
          Hi Mick -
          5 days ????
          It can't be . By my reckoning it's day 30 today.
          Can anyone validate that for me ?
          First day was July 2

Comment

AF day Tuesday 31st July

Getting in here early today. Just booked two full yoga weekends for myself. Great thing is there is never booze at these things.

Mick good luck with the brew fest. I don't think alcohol is pure evil for all, but a brew fest....usually you get a few sights of who you were and don't want to be.

Kaslo...read your post from yesterday. I now call alcohol....ethanol. Last weekend I joked that there was an ethanol fest going on next to the place I was at. Somehow, calling it ethanol.....just makes it really gross.

Everyone have a great day....I have two meetings planned.

Comment

AF day Tuesday 31st July

Hi Satz...bet you ran out of fingers thumbs and toes trying to work that out!!:H:H.If you started on 2nd July.......it is 30 days today ,which means you are 2days ahead of me not 1 .I started on the 4th so its....(.dah dah fanfare) well done you on your 30days :goodjob: :wd::yay::happy: Congrats Satz and well done

Hi Kaslo...as far as going to have a look, like I said it isnt a circus issue, and probably some of them are enjoying themselves, but it is to show me where I could have and could still end up if I went back to it.Balancing that with my current lifestyle, there is definitely no room for it and I know which I prefer.The point is individual make ups..no issue with alcohol if you have a switch to say that is enough, but tghat is missing in my make up..so it is to make me realise that one drink alone would set me on that spiraling road, if that makes sense

Mick
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

AF day Tuesday 31st July

So its a 'There but by the grace of God go I' kind of thing, eh? Ok. Fine. But you would not catch me doing that because I would simply find temptation outweighing any value obtained by seeing the evils of AL consumption.

Congrats to all the AF anniversary folks here. You know who you are and when! MWO was the only people, other than one other site i go to, to know my anniversaries because my family never really knew I was as bad as I was.

k
                Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

AF day Tuesday 31st July

Kaslo;1357904 wrote: So its a 'There but by the grace of God go I' kind of thing, eh? Ok. Fine. But you would not catch me doing that because I would simply find temptation outweighing any value obtained by seeing the evils of AL consumption.

Congrats to all the AF anniversary folks here. You know who you are and when! MWO was the only people, other than one other site i go to, to know my anniversaries because my family never really knew I was as bad as I was.

k
                  Thanks Kaslo :l :thanks:
                  Same here - that is why I can only tell you & the rest of MWO

Comment

AF day Tuesday 31st July

Just a quick note to say I'm here. Exhausted but here. My plan tonight is to start a list. Or maybe it's a plan - listed......

More 30's! Nice.
                    AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

AF day Tuesday 31st July

Hi cando, glad you checked in. I too am starting a list.
                      Just checking the thread before checking into bed.
                      Have a good af night all.

Comment

AF day Tuesday 31st July

Hi there - back and ready for a 30 day try again. Have a big race at the end of the month - and you guys on this site really make me stay focused. Looks like everyone was having a positive day! Day3 for me.

Comment

Working...
                        X