Friday, March 2nd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday, March 2nd

Hi Everybody. Well, it is the beginning of March and time to set some goals. I am really getting comfortable with the thought of long-term moderation, but I still feel a need to think about what I am doing so that I don't regress. So these are my goals for March.

First, I want to carefully plan St. Patrick's Day. I come from a strong Irish background, and it is one of my favorate holidays. I don't drink beer but have always put green food coloring in my wine and my son's sprite. Also, I usually make some kind of cake or cupcakes with decorations. This year, I want to do something different. So, I'm going to start planning a healthy, but festive day. Would love some ideas.

Secondly, I want to start changing my attitude to stop thinking about wine so much. Now, that I have a routine, I want to be able to just enjoy the day instead of thinking "oh, I made it through another day without breaking my goals with wine". To do this, I know that I have to prepare for those times of the day when I am most challenged not to drink and plan an activity around it. So, since I know that it is the time right before cocktail hour and Sundays, I am going to start planning something for that time. Today, I am going to go the the exercise room at 4:00 p.m. right after the radio show. And stay there until 5p.m. and see if that helps. Sunday, I'm going to downtown Baltimore and walk around the Harbor. Our son is staying at a hotel there for the Johns Hopkins Model UN. We have to pick him up at 2, so that will be perfect. But, I'm not leaving my house until after lunch because I don't want to be tempted to have a "special lunch".

Wish me luck on my goals. Next month on April 20th, I will have been here for six months. I am hopeful that I will be fully recovered by that time, leading a normal lifestyle, where thoughts of wine are incidental and my moderation under control. I am hopeful that I can make that goal.

Love to all,
    MM
    Saving the day one minute at a time!

Friday, March 2nd

MM...Well done on the plans...it is so important...

My wife and her family are Irishy...(at least they think so or want to be..not sure) they usually get pretty plastered on St pats day...and it's on Saturday so that is a double whammy to drink...

Think I'll play Italian music and P_ss them all off...

Good job on your accomplishments. and best wishes for the weekend...
    Control the Mind

Comment

Friday, March 2nd

Hey... AAthelete....Where are you...Hope all is well
      Control the Mind

Comment

Friday, March 2nd

Good luck to you Mighty Mouse II. You sound very strong and full of motivation. Good on ya B

Comment

Friday, March 2nd

Hi Rocky and Bella -- thanks for responding and your kind words! Rocky, I think you are sooo funny about the Italian music!! I hope you all have a great weekend!!!

MM

Comment

Friday, March 2nd

A good plan will help most definitely MM.

I have a sister who's birthday is on St. Patricks Day. I remember taking her to the bar on her 19th birthday. It was my first experience with "green beer and tequila". I would like to share the rest of my experience but I don't remember any of it! LOL! The Irish certainly love to celebrate! We who aren't Irish loved the excuse to celebrate!

You are doing great!

Comment

Friday, March 2nd

Thanks, Accountable for Me! That is so funny. LOL
              MM

Comment

Working...
              X