Awesome August Abstainers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I spent all morning trying to come up with a name for the monthly thread!
    This is it :H :H

My daughter & Lily are here until tomorrow. Having fun doing nothing special

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Wednesday!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Good Morning Everyone!

Lav, I love love love our new name. Thanks for starting us off into our AF August. I hope you enjoy your time with the goyls.

Just a quick check-in......I'm in Denver, awaiting my flight home. Ah yes, now I remember why I'm sick of flying.:H

Have a fabulous AF hump day, one and all.

Comment

Hi girls!

Thanks Lav for starting us off on our August travels, we dont do AA here on this thread we do AAA!

Rusty - Great to hear your heading home again.

I have spent the last 3 days driving 100 of miles in search of property. There are loads out there which would be perfect but as soon as I mention a pet its a big NO. :upset: The two i have seen which allow pets were totally awful! Im so frustrated and exhausted with it. Today I have stayed home to recharge my mojo as its really getting me down. Ok what I have to be very grateful for is that I dont have a time scale in which I have to just accept anything. Although I'd like it to be soon I can stay here until something turns up. :bang

Lets hope August turns out to be truly Awesome!
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

Hi everyone,

I'm jumping in. I started my AF journey July 16th - been "trying" for four years, not new to the site but I know that this time it is different and August will be my first total month sober in 2012 wooohoo!!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

IMT
        new beginnings July 16, 2012

Comment

Lav, thanks for starting us off. I spent a good part of my morning trying to come up with a name and then I gave up and went out for coffee. When I got back home and checked in here I was happy to see you were on the ball!

Hi Rusty, ditto on not liking the flying!

Chill, something will turn up. It always does!

Let's have a awesome abstinent August!:cheering:
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

X post, IMT! :welcome:
            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

HI AAAers!!

Well I'm back for another AF August!! The last week or so in July was pretty wild with the reunion and everything going on! I will say the reunion was a HUGE SUCCESS!! Everyone had a wonderful time...everything looked fabulous...it just turned out great...just like I'd hoped (and planned over the last year!!)! I will be honest and tell you all that I did drink the weekend of the reunion. I'm really ok with it though--let me explain that....I also had 2 beers on the 4th of July...but between the 4th and last weekend, I've had nothing, nor do I want to drink anything. I still don't. I know AL/drinking is something I don't want in my life, around my son, and I know how much better my life is without it. I love that I KNOW I am able to have that "special weekend" with my high school classmates, and be able to go back to my regular, normal life...I've given myself the strength and tools over the last year to be able to do that. School will be starting in 15 days...I know where my head needs to be and I will continue on the AF path. I was scared that AL would somehow be able to control me again, but I know, like I told you all before this reunion, it would never, ever again!!
              I just thought I owed you all the truth, but also wanted you all to know that my heart is still 100% committed to living an AF life style!! Like you've all told me, I wouldn't be where I am or have what I have now if I were still drinking like I was last June...I'm so happy right now, al just isn't important to me anymore!! (I think that's what makes me the happiest....it's just not important anymore....alcohol, that is...why was it ever so important???)

Lav-thanks for starting us off--oh! And I wanted to tell you how much I loved the picture of Lily from the last week in July thread...absolutely gorgeous!!!

Rusty--Safe travels the rest of the way home!! And...I liked you attitude you had about the guy/client not returning your call....totally his loss...and I tend to agree with Chill...I bet he does end up calling and there was probably something going on!!

Chill--something will open up...there just has to be a place that has to be ok with pets! That's just strange....usually don't places just charge a little extra or something??? I'll keep my fingers crossed!!

IMT--welcome!! Glad you are here...looking forward to getting to know you...August will be an awesome month for sure for you!!!

Dill-I got the dreaded letter from the school district in the mail yesterday..I don't know why that always makes me so sad!! But I guess in a way helps to start changing my mindset too!! I need it!! I'm just praying this is a good school year!!! When do you all head back??

Time to mow the lawn!! I'll check back in with you all later!! Hello to all those yet to check in!!
              SD
              "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
              7/29/12

Comment

I'm in! This will be my first sober August ever! (post 18!)

1st goal: 100 days
                2nd goal: 1 year
                ultimate goal: forever

Comment

And a BIG HELLO to all AAA er's.

'We don't do AA here, we do AAA' Chillgirl :H

Nice one Chilli. Hey, chin up. You know something will turn up for you and your best mate.

August will be awesome indeed. Wishing everyone a safe, sober and magical one.

Great to see everyone, and take care out there. :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

“Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” ~ Author Unknown

Hi G, great to see you!

Welcome nellie!:welcome: Your in the right place!
                    Dill

Comment

I started in July and aim to keep at it thru all August! I am happy to be an AAAer, and look forward to all the good company here - I would love another AF month - December was my last complete month (and first in many, many years!!). Wow, just realised I have only had one AF month - I had part of November and part of January too, but only one complete month - OK then, here I go again!!!
                      “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Hi AAAer's

I love the name. In case I break down, you are my emergency road service

I'm definitely in. On the 17Th of this month I will two months/60 days. Like Nellie this will be my first AF August..never thought of it like it that. That's so great!

Hey ChillG , I know something will turn up. When I lived in England it always seemed to me that everybody plus everybody had a pet! Fingers crossed.

AUGUST 1, 2012... Here we go :h
                        On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                        *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Well,
                          Glad to see everyone liked the funky name I came up with for this month's thread :H

Hello to all the regulars & welcome to the newbies
                          Hope everyone sticks around for the entire month ~ you never know what you are going to learn here

I hope everyone has a nice night!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning AAA'rs

What a wonderful name Lav, thanks for starting us off.

:welcome: to all the newbies, good luck with August, keep checking in and let us know how you are getting on. Everything gets discussed on this thread, it's amazing what you learn

:l to all oldies, have been reading but have not had a chance to post. Full time job with guests. We were in National Stud in Kildare yesterday and the factory outlets, also needed to get dog walked, horse exercised and other daughter to buses as she has training all week for her debating!

I am really looking forward to my holiday at the end of this month.

Thinking of you all and wishing everyone an AF August.

Rustop

Comment

Good Morning Gang

:welcome: To all the new AAA'ers, its wonderful to have you here and please feel free to share a bit about your journeys so far. This thread is my little haven and the support here is overwhelming.

Rustop - where are you off to on holiday?

SD - oh please please be very careful, Im only saying this out of concern as your story is so similar to many others who have thought they can control the beast. It always starts off ok and usually ends in tears. If AL has been a problem in our lives before I dont know anyone who has sucessfully moderated. I dont mean to be down on you but you have made such amazing changes in your life and a few drinks just isnt worth jepordising that for. I really respect your honesty and please keep being open with what is going on with you.

My frustration continues in finding a pet friendly home but today instead of being upset everytime I hear "no" i just think to myself, "that obviously wasnt the right place for me".
                              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                              AF - JAN 1st 2010
                              NF - May 1996

Comment

Working...
                              X