first timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first timer

Hi there, I'm a first timer here, put onto it by a very worried mum. I'm only 26 and last year to my complete shock my (happy, witty) dad committed suicide. I lost all my confidence, started taking panic attacks and became a bit of a recluse. I found the odd drink took me out of my shell and helped me be my old confident self. This odd little drink has now turned into binge drinking. I dont crave a drink, but enjoy drinking on my own to the point where I drank 6 bottles of wine in one sitting and obviously cant remember any of it. I can drink socially because the thought of anyone seeing me in that state horrifies me. I'm beginning to tear my family apart and found after reading some of the stories on the site, I am not alone. Even writing this has helped a lot. This is a great site. Thanks

first timer

Willow, welcome to you and I am so glad you got the courage to post. I want to say how incredibly sorry I am about your dad. I know it has been a difficult thing for you to comprehend and probably something you will never fully understand. However, drinking is not going to change the past, and it is not going to help your future. You are lucky to be addressing this issue at such a young age; many of us around here wish we would have done that when we first recognized our problem.

When you see you are not alone I know it will help get you going in the right direction. Post here, read all you can, read the book, try the supplements and/or CDs suggested. See what works for you. Most importantly, make a better life for yourself that does not consist of drinking to blackout.

Glad you are here!!!!:welcome:
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

first timer

Hi willow, Welcome to MWO. I joined about a wk ago and already feel better. Your mum must care alot about you to show you the site. I am so very sorry about your dad's suicide. My older brother did that a while back and its very hard to get my head around why he did it. Anyway, Post here often and you will find lots of people who understand because they have been there. I'm a binge drinker too but have managed to go 17 days without, incredible feat believe you me!! Take care. B

Comment

first timer

Willow, Welcome! This is a wonderful place for you to come. Coming here is a great step in the right direction. There are lots of supportive and knowledgeable people here to help you. Keep coming back. Aquamarine
        NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
        AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

first timer

Yes, welcome Willow to our little community of support. Keep reading and posting and hopefully we can help eachother out. Glad you found the courage to post!
          Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

first timer

Welcome Willow. Keep reading and posting. You will find a lot of support here. I was a binge drinker too. It can be done - getting control of your life again. Hang out here and get the tools and support you need.

Comment

first timer

Welcome Willow,
              I'm so sorry about your Dad. My prayers go out to you... Amazing how good some of us can at masking our feelings from others.

I thank God everyday that I wasn't successful in my attempt to move on to another realm. I'm also one of those "happy go lucky" types, that never let on if I'm in pain or hurt...

I'm so glad you're Mom showed you this site. It's a wonderful place, with tons of support & love. Trust me it does get better. MUCH. This place has given me my life back.

:l Judie
              The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

first timer

Welcome. I too am so sorry about your loss. My mother's cancer and my depression sent me into my drinking -- and her cancer is now back. But I am trying for my drinking not to be. I am glad you had the courage to listen to your Mom's advice. This is a wonderful place -- tons of information and tools. Terrific support from people who truly understand. I have used the supps, topa, CDs, exercise, etc. and so far am 20 days AF -- would never though that possible three weeks ago when drinking a bottle or two of wine every day for two years. Join us -- we can do this!

We're glad you are here!:welcome:
                sri

Comment

first timer

Welcome Willow...

All here can relate in some way to the drinking and the things that trigger the need. As you read you will see success and trip ups but the key is to try and try again never give up on yourself.

You can succeed. Get the book and read it and make your plan to attack this day by day

Again Welcome
                  Control the Mind

Comment

first timer

Willow:
                    If writing a little helps a little, then write a lot. We will all be here to read and hear what you have to say. I'm sorry about your dad, but thank God for your mom and getting you to us and this precious site. Welcome to MWO Willow!!!!
                    Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

first timer

Welcome Willow
                      You are dealing with so much right now. Just keep opening up and posting. You will find a tremendous amout of support here. I am so sorry about your dad. I also found that drinking brings me out of my shell. I get a lot more chattier in social situations HOWEVER the next day I end up analyzing and questioning myself. I feel embarrassed about what I might have said and am too embarrassed to ask anyone to recount the evening.
                      Stay here and keep reading and posting. Getting this demon under control is what we are all about.
                      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Working...
                      X