AF day Friday 3rd August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF day Friday 3rd August

Rise and shine..wakey wakey everybody..how are we all today?Nearly the start of other af weekend,so lets get going...tea nad coffee on the go now...so grab a cup
    Firstly would like to say a big thank you to everyone for their best wishes on reaching the big 30.. didnt have that many well wishers, even on my 50th birthday!!. I really feel that Ihave achieved something, and definitely my life feeels better without al, getting up and feeling rubbish in the morning and having to put a pretend smiley face on!My next target if 60.. nly 29 to go!! but these are all steps towards an af life which is my ultimate goal.
    Not going to keep going on, but if I can do it then so can any of us..please remember that..all I will say is never give up , be honest both to yourself and others and learn to urge surge.It is I have found, together with writing things down the best way to deal with the little demon.As far as support goes you will not beat that which is on this site.If anyone is too shy or whatever to come on the forum, I will happily answer your pms.
    Well there you go.Brew number 2 on the go.Yesterday was a fun packed day..was at the dentists first, deep joy to find out that one of the nerves in my toth had become infected.. so after a mere 5 needle in my mouth it was drilled and all the gunge released yeuch ! then he put some steroid cream in it.. My mouth is bad enough without being on steroids..now it will never shut up :H got to go for a root filling, then off to the hospital to see the toe man.bit of poking and prodding.. ouch they have decided to give it another week of conservative management, basically means doing nowt and see what happens..so there we are.

Daisy..good morning to you how are you ?hope everything went ok with your dads blood tests..keep your chin up Hope today isnt too exhausting for you..here quick get some caffeine

Freefly thank you for your wishes..keep going you can do it.

Morning my Lilly E..you up this morning or was yesterday a one off?have a coffee.Yes it is great gto get past 30..it is like the first milestone gone..happily go for 60 with you..anyone else want to jump in?Well done you on the volunteering andbaking..yes life does change without al doesnt it..makes you feel good.Well done

Porquoi thanks.. how are you? must admit had to think when I read your post..you put Tuesday instead of Thursday....need to get your skates on for that deadline..there are 2 days adrift somewhere!!

Lifechange..good morning to you..how are things today with you ..busy, busy bee again.Sit down and have quick cuppa before you start....and yes that bouquet looks nice , here..and here and here....

Good morning to you Lavande tea/ coffee?..yep reckon you need to dust that nurses uniform off!!!what are you up to on the work front today?Is it all peaceful now??

Shue, how are you today? Slow down a wee bit.. get some Shue time in..As for the demon.. pretty sure you can deal with that..but you know where I am so dont be shy
    What you up to this weekend?Mountain climbing, sunbathing? whatever it is go for it..hmm might have a lie in tomorrow.. if you want to start the post..you always lay on a big spread at weekends!!Keep smiling Shue

Kas.. how are you this fine day??thanks for your wishes..so here is a brew.What you up to in Kaslo land today then?Is it weed pulling or dungeon time??

oopps sorry for the delay..let my rabbits out earlier..the sun is really shining.. put border of plastic fencing roun the border in the back garden to protect the plants.Just looked out of the window to see Sam the white one on the plants..he has chewed through the fencing!!
    Its like roadrunner versus wile coyote here!!

Turn again how are you this fine day?thanks for your wisheswehat are you up to in that gorgeous scenery today??

Sunflower cup no3 for me ..like one??Do you teach yoga again now that alc isnt in the way anymore??Something I have always thought about yet never done.. mind you there are plenty on that list!!

Hi Cantoo how are you?Doing really well ..so how did you deal with the little demon?Now you will know for next time.Wow glad you are going for a hike this weekend..how does reality look now to you?Be positive and strong you are doing really great.

Well going now...for those not mentioned by name big hi to you all....most of all have a great af weekend...for those thinking about it come on in

Mick
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

AF day Friday 3rd August

Poor Mick. If you were a horse we'd have to shoot ya:H
    Sorry - that tooth sounds very painful:l
    And hope the toe is better soon too.
    Daisy positive thought here for your Dad recovery.
    Shue hope you are well and coping - I too missed gym 2 days but will go back in morning. Focus on that is what helped me thru 30 days.

Comment

AF day Friday 3rd August

Good Morning Mick and Satz and all to come. Sorry about the tuesday thing it's easy to get side tracked when posting.
      Does passing 30 mean we get infections? My infection is in my eye, iritis, and thank God I only got 1 needle in it.
      I'll join you on your quest to 60 Mick. Could use the company. Been procrastinating on putting in the work. Need a good :moon: kicking.
      Legal issues still looming. Waiting for response from opposing attorney. Waiting is not one of my virtues.

Turned down a trip to the west coast for this weekend. Used to be an annual drunk up and I'm staying far, far away. Instead, got invited to the rodeo on Saturday, by my very supportive brother's family. Think that is the better choice.
      Have a good one. PQ

Comment

AF day Friday 3rd August

man oh man, Mick--
        you are being tested!! stay strong as you are!
        hello to Satz--
        Porquoi, i think you are very smart for making the decision you have. really--- to realize, to know what's going on and to protect yourself.
        you're a very strong soul.
        Life

Comment

AF day Friday 3rd August

Good morning everyone! Day 11 for me and I am feeling GREAT!

Mick....damn...you are going to feel like the bionic man when you are done with all of this! Ha!

Daisy...sending good thoughts your way for your dads recovery.

Hi Satz and Life....good to see you and Happy Friday!

Hi Porq....good choice on your part for passing up a trip that you weren't comfortable with! Besides...rodeos are AWESOME and you will have a blast!

Thanks for the coffee Mick!!!!!
          AB Club Member
          AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

AF day Friday 3rd August

Good morning abstinencers! Mick, thank for starting this thread, always a treat to read about your life. I can just see you hobbling after a white rabbit, possibly a few choice words being uttered.

Porquoi, good avoidance decision and I am glad you have some supportive relatives, thats so important.

Destiniey 11 days wow,thats great, by now you must be starting to feel detoxifications positive aspects, such as not feeling like 10 pounds of poo in a one pound pail. Lol!

Hi to Lifechange, Satz and all others.

I managed to convince my hub that he needed to take today off, we have a long weekend this weekend, so we may go to Gillette Lakes for a kayak trip oR I may be in the garden again and the pool. Either way its a beautiful August morning out there. Serenely beautiful, flowers are in great shap for a change.

Have a wonderful day, abbers.

kaslo
            Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

AF day Friday 3rd August

arrrghhh ... I am afraid that if I don't post early in the morning I have no time later in the day ... my phone keeps ringing, people come in and out of my office and I forget what everyone said.

Turn - I'll say a prayer for your hubby.

Mick - auchie ... toe & tooth ... I plan on catching some rays with my Italian girlfriend tomorrow morning in my garden. I think she is the reason I am having drinking thoughts - she used to be my drinking buddy. Hubby bought alcohol for her coming ... I opened the fridge outside several times to see 2 chilled bottles of prosecco and a French rose wine ... I swallowed hard.

Mostly I was dissapointed with myself ... for having the thoughts ... also, I need to keep repeating to myself what Pap said - it is not my fault I like the stuff too much - but it would be my fault for taking that first drink.

anyhoo - she's leaving tomorrow
              workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

AF day Friday 3rd August

Just past noon here & I finally have a minute to say Hello Abbers!

Mick on steroids :H
                I am sorry you are dealing with so much now BUT just imagine going through all this with a hangover, the AL related anxiety & insomnia
                Hope you do a lot of healing this weekend!

Greetings satz, porqoui, Destiniey, lifechange, Kaslo & shue!

Everyone is doing great, don't let a passing thought or even a friend throw you off course. Stick to your plan shue & you will be fine. Now would be a good time to put the news right in your girlfriend's face - 'I don't drink alcohol anymore'!!!! Just be honest & tell her the truth that you feel better when you don't drink. It gets easier & just becomes habit after a while, honestly!

I have tons of things to do today so I'd better get going. Wishing everyone a fantastic AF Friday!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF day Friday 3rd August

Greetings on a fine Friday (in this part of the world) to all FABba-Dabba-DOers....

Well..hubby was on the op table for 3 hours. Wow. Doc says that the outcome may just be 'okay' not great - but at least hubby has some chance of getting his sight back in the right eye. We'll know more Monday once some of the swelling has a chance to go down.

So...tomorrow...we are having our big almost annual BBQ for friends and neighbors (hubby is cleared for a 1 hour guest appearance. He told me he was going to drink. Um. I don't think he is a take it or leave it drinker anymore. Anyway, I told him he had to choose between percocet for his pain or coors piss water.) In the past, this party was always a great excuse for me to start drinking around 3 after the prep was done and then continue drinking even after the last guests left. Well...let me tell you...I am looking forward to enjoying the party this time with my happy, sparkling club soda with copious amounts of lime.

Since hubby is down for the count - I had to go to the liquor store today to buy the wine. It was so strange to be back amongst the bottles. The place smelled just yucky. It's a clean store....but there was just a icky odor....perhaps the smell of off-gassing toxins? Bleh. I felt NO temptation...not even a twinge of nostalgia for the drinking years.

This brain retraining sure has paid off. The fact that I have become so indifferent, and perhaps even defiantly repulsed by alcohol, actually gave me a happy little mind buzz - no toxins added!

I don't think I could've imagined feeling this way a year ago. This is freedom, friends. It is truly worth working for! AF living = mindpeace of the deepest kind.
                  Sober for the Revolution!
                  AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

AF day Friday 3rd August

Quickly checking in. Going for a pedicure and out to dinner with the family. Going to a place that serves al and I would usually start my drinking there when we went. I am looking forward to enjoying the food this time!

Turn.....hope everything goes well with your hubby. Even I can't imagine picking al over some good pain meds....

Shue...in my meeting today....people with years of sobriety talked about still getting blindsided with thoughts of drinking. Even though they are few and far apart....they are quite upsetting to them. It was good to hear that this is just normal shit....uncomfortable....but, normal....and we can survive them. People mentioned being emotionally exhausted afterwards. I know when I have survived a craving....it was like the life had been sucked out of me.

Mick...no teaching for me right now. Recovery comes first. That will happen in due time. Right now it is good to be a student of recovery and yoga.

See ya all tomorrow.

Comment

AF day Friday 3rd August

Happy Friday everyone - running on fumes now after a crazy work week.

Mick, Satz and LillyE - CONGRATS on your 30 Days this week - sorry I missed (cannot check in everyday).:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Turn - I hope your Husband recovers well - and have a blast at the BBQ.
                      Shueland - love your avatar.

I love reading all of your posts - it definitely reminds me what I need to do.
                      Here's to me getting through this weekend - AF.

Comment

AF day Friday 3rd August

Happy Friday! Doing really good thanks for asking Mick. I hope your body starts treating you better.

This weekend's reality seems much more positive and I know it will not be spent lying on the sofa for the 3rd weekend in a row. I am looking forward for the chance to plan my days without the safety of those work hours to keep me busy.

It's going to be a beautiful August long weekend here too. Might just have to go for a paddle myself.

I hope everyone has great success with the weekend's challenges. Should start taking notes before I try writing these posts. Have a great weekend Lilly.

Things that got me thur this week...

Tips from this site
                        Ice cream
                        Glutamine powder (among some others)
                        Soda water and lime (yummmmm). For the Canadians Sobeys brand only has 20 mg of sodium
                        Lots of green tea
                        Keeping busy by reading posts by people at every stage of this craziness
                        Watching the Olympics (Canada rocks in water sports)
                        And Ladies... this ones for you - Started reading the book 50 Shades of Grey

Tonight will bring an end to day # 8.

Off to finish Coronation Street the to settle in to The Book.

See you tomorrow
                        AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

Working...
                        X