af day Saturday 4 Aug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Saturday 4 Aug

Good morning folks...and yes it is 5.30 am in UK.Couldnt sleep..both mouth and toe giving me gyp so best get up and do something!So how are we all today then, or in some cases this very early morning?we still on the anti booze bus?no punctures on the way to be mended?Well here we are, early morning tea, coffee and...wait for it toasted muffins,so help yourself.
    Half way through another af weekend,one I will say has been quite tough for me, not just because of the toe and tooth issues, but also a feeling of.. kind of difficult to explain, but its like as if you have hit target..lets have a drink to celebrate..Has anyone else with some time in experienced that?It would be quite easy to be off guard and complacent.I can definitely see how people can go back after a spell off the booze.Just one to watch..Your initial strategy is equally as if not more important here than anywhere else I think.
    Although its early, there are looks that it may be sunshine today yipee!!.Got a good one with my rabbits yesterday.Previously I mentioned that I had put up a plastic fence to stop Sam getting to the plants in the border..he chomped through a part of that,and yesterday it was as if he had enlisted the help of the lop eared one,Sally..she is jumping about mad, and while I am watching her, he chews through another bit!!so back to plan B whatever that is..like the roadrunner..back to the Acme drawing board!!

Hi porquoi..how are you?was going to say get a coffee, but you might spill it...while you get that backside kicked..whack..consider it done..now grab a brew!!How is the eye? better I hope..NO PUN INTENDED!!Well done you on your choice..I would rather watch a rodeo than a circus any day! Like you, waiting isnt one of my best attributions! plus or minus 2 minutes is good, after that??Glad to have you as company for the big 60..days that is not age!!! thats me you Lilly E ,Satz..tell you what you can be in charge of that list and keep us up to date..is that ok?You seem to be dealing with the legal issues on a much calmer level now so well done.

Lifechange how are you today??What are your plans over weekend? has Mummy been roped into anything? whatever you do enjoy.

Destiniey..hiya how are you today?..now day 12 for you keep it up you will do it.Everywhere on this site I go , I see that lovely avatar..you are everywhere..go girl

Kas..hope you dont mind that..how are you today? long weekend?what was your choice..though guess if you are in a Kayak you wont be on here!!Its great listening to some of the names..Gillette Creek...sounds a wee bit more romantic and scenic than Bradford, or Manchester..for people from there..those are just example names!!Whatever your choice enjoy

Hi Shue..weekend is here so you time..sounds like you need it.How is it going with your friend?hope things are well.Dont know why you feel dissappointed in yourself for thinking about al?We all do to some extent.Heres an analogy you must have heard..Couples looking at members of the opposite sex....how many times have you heard "nothing wrong with window shopping"no problem at at all...its when you start shoplifting the hassle starts!!Like the drink you are surrounded by it daily..doesnt mean to say you got to have it..yes I know youre chilled ,in a relaxed atmosphere etc but thats when he will try to get in...anyway have a brew and a toasted muffin you will feel ace!

Good morning Lavande font of all knowledge..and how are you today. tea.. muffins for you?.and the chickens?how are they Yes you are right..got up feeling not so clever and actually thought back to your post...now how would I feel now if I had been lashed up??Any plans for weekend or are you on grandkid watch?Whatever ..have a good one.

Wow turn again my heart goes out to you..hope all is better with your husband will say a prayer.So you went to the shop for the booze..Isnt it weird how you can change? at one time couldnt have walked past the shelf..now I look and pick the bottles up just being nosey.No interest at all.Hope bbq went well.Oh just one thing..if you ever need a job change can I suggest you give advertising and marketing a wide berth...certainly with Coors :H:H

Hi Sunflower how did the meal go? Did you enjoy it better with no alc?Thanks but I will give the pedicure a miss uch:

Hi doglvr..thanks for your wishes how are you today?now on brew number 2.. Coronation St..whereabouts in the world are you to get plagued with that?Thought it was only good old Uk that got that stuff!..now watch the response!!!#

Candoo..wow day 9.. where has the cant do it gone??You are doing great girl. Impressed with your list..mind you lists are me!!Keep at at..and enjoy true life

Well thats me going now..whatever you are doing have a great af day..put a couple of pics on..both taken at around 6 this morning...one is the cows coming down the field ,the other is part of my garden.. the raised veg beds..rabbits delight.. that's why it looks like a top security prison!!! I am sure we have all got similar, I know we have...so be honest ..would you rather look at this now clearly or through bleary pissed up eyes, with a headache, and dry horrible mouth? Methinks no contest.. have a good one
    Mick
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

af day Saturday 4 Aug

good morning early bird, Mick! what lovely pictures you posted. thanks for sharing--i'm envious of your beautiful surroundings.
    i have to tell everyone that i drank on friday night. i didn't protect myself or my sobriety and i feel quite ashamed admitting this on the abbers thread. i came here because i wanted to abstain and i still do. i don't want al to be a part of my life in any way. i'm thinking a lot now and trying to figure out how i let it happen. i just know i didn't use any of my tools--i ignored the part of myself who was trying to abstain--shoved her way deep down. and i felt like a huge piece of crap the entire day yesterday. i'm reading all of the posts and everyone is doing the work that needs to be done to protect their sobriety 100%. i feel like i've let you all down--of course most of all myself. but i don't want to give up. i don't want to be so down on myself that i convince myself that it's impossible. i'm feeling that way a bit-- but there's another bigger part of me who knows it's possible. i just have to prove it to myself.
    i hate starting over again. again and again. it totally sucks. i'm so looking up to all of you who haven't given in. who are changing potentially dangerous situations so that you can succeed. i have learned from this. i am improving my plan and my resolve is strongly intact.
    Turn, i'm glad your husband got through the surgery safely. i'm glad you could be by his side--have a great bbq.
    Cantoo, was that your list of things that helped you get through the week? thank you. i need to have more lists.
    will check in again later.
    wishing you all a nice weekend,
    Life

Comment

af day Saturday 4 Aug

Hi lifechange...keep your chin up..I admire your honesty..remember its not the number of times you get knocked down but the amount you get up.On ly you can sort out what went wrong and how to protect yourself next time...look at it this way..sure as a kid you played snakes and ladders...youve just gone down a snake..now get back in the game and throw the dice.Keep going, you know you can!!!!
      Mick
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Saturday 4 Aug

Good Morning Mick. Oh my god responsibility. What if the list grows?:H The eye is feeling much much better. Still hourly drops but I can handle that. Oh, and thanks for the kick, I needed that.

Lifechange Good Morning and glad you've come far enough to be honest with everyone and yourself. Instead of feeling like a piece of crap I got Mick to give me a swift one. For me I know I'm not putting in enough work. I need to grow every day and some days I just don't feel like it. Baby steps those days. Hang in there. Keep coming back or better yet don't go anywhere.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/ne...te=1&p=1359853

I found this link on someone else's post and thought you'd like to take a look. I find when I'm feeling down, the more reading I do the better I feel. Follow the links through the article, I'm still going back and reading through all of them. Special prayer and :l for you.

Hi to all that come. Feeling positive today. Must be because of yesterday's decision. Have a great AF Saturday. PQ

Comment

af day Saturday 4 Aug

Hey Mick....thanks for the toasted muffins...you aure have been a busy host since 5:30 this morning!!!! I love the pics that you posted and your garden is awesome! I love your bunny stories...I always used heavy gauge chicken wire fence to keep mine in...just a thought. And yes...I am all over these threads like "white on rice" HaHa. I think I am trying to find a thread to call "home" and I believe this one may be it...it is so hard to keep up when posting all over the place!

MyLife....Don't beat yourself up about slipping...I know that I have personally fallen on my face too many times to count!!!! I found that each slip up made me more determined to quit. I was a big sucker for "rewarding" myself after hitting double digits....the beast would creep in and tell me to just have "one". Yea right....one BIG bottle of vodka that would lead me to 3 days of drunken hell. It's amazing to me how it is so easy to fall right back into the vicious cycle! I am taking Antabuse now and that is helping me immensely! Just having the AL out of the equation is what I need to rack up my AF days. Stay strong and stay close...you can do this and we are all here for you!

So my plans for today are this...at 10:30 this morning there is an AA meeting that is for women only so I am going to attempt to go to it. I may just end up being the creepy person that just stays in their car in the parking lot...hahahaha....but I am hoping that I can get the nerve to go in. Wish me luck!
          AB Club Member
          AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

af day Saturday 4 Aug

Good morning Porq! I am so glad that your eye is feeling better! Thanks for posting the link and I hop you have a great AF Saturday!
            AB Club Member
            AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

af day Saturday 4 Aug

Wishing you luck Destiniey...and thanks for the laugh. Hadn't heard about those creepy people that sit in their cars.:H

Comment

af day Saturday 4 Aug

If they don't exist yet..then allow me to be the first!!!! LOL Thanks for the well wishes!
                AB Club Member
                AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

af day Saturday 4 Aug

Sorry LC...just clicked on that link I posted and ended up at "MWO Reply to Thread"...
                  Try this one...

Do You Know What Keeps Your Addiction Recovery From Getting Better?

I need more MWO Site training...PQ

Comment

af day Saturday 4 Aug

Morning all - feels good to wake up with some energy
                    Porquoi - love your advice to life change - you help me too with that..:thanks:
                    Life change - you are sooooo not alone. Just keep trying the things that do work of you - I know I majorly up my success rate when I login here in the afternoon, but that's just me - and I struggle with being able to login. - I travel a lot and only have my work pc during the week.

Mick - top o the mornin to you - although it's afternoon for you now. My race is a triathlon - so getting in the pool today to see if my arms still work

Destiniey- have fun at your meeting - I'm sure the parking lot won't be as cool as inside though. :rays:

Happy Saturday to everyone who comes later.

Comment

af day Saturday 4 Aug

Good morning.

Well here goes weekend #2 AL free. I think this week I can tackle my 'toolbox list(s). Yes Mick I do lists too.

Mick - Do celebrate your AL free, sunshine filled weekend. Are these visiting bunnies or your pets? Beautiful pictures!

Lifechange - I am glad you posted here today. The perfect place to be this weekend :l. And yes that was a list of things I did my first week that I think helped. I have not yet delved into the deeper 'stuff' about who and why I am.

Porqoui - have a great weekend and take care of your body too.

Destiniey - good luck with the meeting today. I didn't know they had women only meetings.

Cantoo (isn't that a bird?)

:-)
                      AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

af day Saturday 4 Aug

Happy Saturday DogLvr.
                        AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

af day Saturday 4 Aug

Good afternoon Abbers!

Sorry about the discomforts messing up your sleep Mick!
                          I have been there & gone thru all that myself after a pretty serious accident nearly 12 years ago. Let me just tell everyone that fracturing your skull & having surgery to remove a large blood clot really hurts
                          I hope they gave you something for pain relief ~ sleep when you can

Lifechange, yuo now know the importane of always having a PLAN!
                          Thinking ahead, especially when yuo know you are going to be out & among drinkers is vital!
                          Reaffirming your commitment to your sobriety on a daily basis will help you to succeed. Not doing so will assure failure.

porqoui, good news about your eye!

Destiniey, I'll be interested to hear about your meeting. You can actually hear the speaker better if you go inside :H

Cantoo could be a bird, who knows?
                          Enjoy your 2nd AF weekend!

Had to take care of transferring a car title to my son this morning. It's way too hot to do anything outside so the rest of my day will consist of putzing around inside, in the AC
                          Guess I'd better run some ice out for my feathered girl friends........poor things.

Have a terrific AF Saturday everyone!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Saturday 4 Aug

Quick check in from me. Not posted for a while but doing OK. Just very busy with working part time, school summer holidays and watching the Olympics.

Today is day 163 AF.

Have a lot of reading / catching up to do so sorry haven't commented on individual posts.

Take care all xx

Comment

af day Saturday 4 Aug

Quick check in.

Dinner went just fine last night. Funny enough out of the 40 people I saw....only 1 was drinking a beer...IMO...extremely slowly. Everyone else was AF.

Took the kids to a pool today, got haircuts and the pedicure today. Tonight we are going out to see my husband play. I was feeling pretty weak....but, then i realized that I don't drink....and it was a serious waste of energy to think about it. That said...I will make sure to eat right away. Getting food in my stomach drives the craving or thought down.

Plus, I enjoyed today too much. Why would I want to feel like crap tomorrow, when in reality the drinking part is only fun in the very beginning. 2 hours of pretend fun.....then hours of continued drinking to oblivion....followed by throwing up, shitty sleep, being a bitch and feeling like crap tomorrow. I think I'll give this AF thing another day

LifeChange....I doubt that anyone of us have not been in your shoes. Thanks for reminding me how shitty I would feel. Your post kept helped keep me sober today. Today is not over, but I will refer to your post if tempted.

Mick...get yourself better. And yes, many feel as you do when they accomplish just about anything. We really don't know how else to celebrate. And everyone mentions all these things you can do in replace of that....but, to me they never compared to drinking. I guess I just have to celebrate not feeling like crap....now that sounds good to me

Comment

Working...
                              X