AF day Tuesday 7 August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF day Tuesday 7 August

Good morning one and all..had a wee bit of a lie in today.Apologies before we start..this may be a short post..(phew I hear you say),but its my daughters 21st today so it is going to be chaos here today..especially that her car failed its road test yesterday, so needs mending and she is back at work tomorrow.. pretty busy day.
    Definitely tea and coffee on the go here today so help yourself to it.. I certainly am before the storm starts!!
    Anyway how are we all today?still on the af bus? Good.. couple of wobbles..but the main thing is we are all here.Got a pretty busy week health wise..blood test results tonight, toe saga Thursday, tooth Friday..so keeping the health service employed!!

Morning Satz and how are you today?still kept the wee man at the door?We need to work out a plan for these weddings..simple solution would be not to go .. but I would never get away with that..in fact don't think I would want to do it..Certainly don't want to face the rest of my life hiding in a cupboard!!

Good morning to you Shue... see you've missed the poetry!!How are you today?back on track.. .What are you up to today? Busy busy time or not?Are you managing to get any me time in for you early morning hikes/mountain climbs etc?Was going to say put your feet up and chill with a coffee for a moment,the madness can always wait a couple of minutes.You take care..

Hi Lilly E... how are you this fine day?We could start a new thread here...an injury swopping forum !!Glad you didn't give in at that do..so well done.. how did you deal with it? Did you have a plan or was it pure guts and determination?I think that is the same for all of us at the moment..going to any sort of function,your brain still associates it with al, and in the grand scheme of things one month isn't exactly a long time for the wee cogs to disassociate so many years of drink and functions.. doesn't sound right ..but hope you know what I mean.I think you are right..we need to refocus..and define new objectives.Reading your post,must admit I feel at times"a bit flat" and need to kick my own backside.Dont know but it may because it has not sunk in properly subconsciously that this is now the way of life, therefore you dont need rewards and goals.. Any one with a lot of time in, Lav etc care to comment does it get easier, can you enjoy them, when does it change from being a chore,and any other answers that may help...thanks Anway Lilly..grab a brew

Hi lifechange..how are you today?keep your coffee warm for you ..I know you said you will be in later..have a great af day

Hi pq.. chief counter upper..how are you doing?have a coffee.Glad your eye is better..another one for the injury swopping thread...this has got potential!!
    Good to hear your meeting went well.You certainly have got a different mindset over the legal issues than from when you started ..well done

Good morning Lavande...a nice cup of Earl Grey tea for you? ok ok so its Asdas!!
    How are you today..still in the humidity?Chickens must be really cheesed off.
    Just thinking, ..you have been on here for some time shall we say, seen people come and go and come back again.I was just reading through our posts especially ,round about the same mark as me 30 +/- a few.Look at our original posts.. and please do not think I am being disrespectful to anyone me included, but we did not have a clue.And yet look at the posts now,just over a month, they are all full of tips advice etc.OI am probably the worlds worst Its as if people have rediscovered something in such a sort space of time..trick is to keep it going.Need to go in a minute running about like a headless chicken soon!! Kept that one especially for you

Good morning young at heart...and how are you today..tea and coffee available...at nil cost.. from a Scotsman thats pretty good!! Welcome anyway hope you settle in... you will succeed.

Morning to you sunflower..how are you did you get your son signed up?World cup ..here we come!!How did your meetings go?Were they positive?

Good morning doglvr..how are you today?hink I would have preferred the pool to the treadmill.I have a treadmill..its gathering dust at the moment. since I cant run on it since the bad toe job.Tried it once, and believe me the word Yikes definitely wasnt included.!!

Thats me folks.. off into the fray..2 women against me what chance do I stand???
    See you tomorrow...if I survive :H:H
    Take care all
    Mick
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

AF day Tuesday 7 August

Mick, I love the new owl and yes, I missed the poetry, you have great wit! I like that with my coffee. Best of luck with the daughter’s 21st.

Lilly – sending you positive vibes, don’t get complacent, get proactive ( easier said then done, but you seem to know how ... BTW - great article on spiritual river)

Porquoi – how was the day off?

Young@heart – big fat welcome and huge kudos for 2.5 years AF. That is huge!!! You are very lucky to have the supporting sister.

DogLvr
    – I am currently a dog-less doggy lover . I had to give up my big boy after a traumatic biting incident 2 months ago. I feel a huge sigh of relief coming from my garden (no more digging, uprooting, peeing on expensive shrubs, chewing … you get the drift). But I miss having a dog. So does my son.

Satz & Mick
    – wedding buddies ha? Perhaps you could support each other.

Lav & Lifechange
    – I say Yikes
    a lot as well. I learnt that watching Scooby Doo ( … don’t ask).

My body feels great after an early AM session on the treadmill (I miss walking the dog in the forest at that time, I went on my own a few times but it is not the same … also, all the other people asking me where is the dog, having to rehash everything over and over was just too hard . This is day 1 (of 5) of a liquid only fast as part of my semiannual detox. It’s super hot outside so I really don’t feel hungry … yet.

My work is super busy – I am trying to cram 5 day’s work into 3 so I can go to our rented golf villa sooner. Hubby and son are golf mad, I have no choice but to join them. Last 2 weeks of Aug we will camp there full time, I hope to work on getting a handicap – whoa … that sounds awkward, on the other hand I might just ditch my boys for quality hiking and spa. Decisions decisions …

Big shout out to Pap, TND, Kas, Turn, Det, Mo3, Mo2, Sunny and all the others, hope you are all enjoying the summer (sorry, Aussies).

Have a great day, fabbies … and one this is for sure …
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

AF day Tuesday 7 August

Morning Mick, Shue, et al...

Another successful af long-weekend. Isn't it amazing how powerful those little voices in our head are? I'm sure glad mine aren't pickled anymore!

Mick, we might crash the site if we start an Injury Swap thread!:H Good luck with the birthday celebrations today, glad I'm way past my 21st.

Shue, had a great day off. Been a long time since I enjoyed just putzing with no guilt feelings about putting things off, meaning dealing with life. No thoughts of You Should Be....think I'll delete the word "should" from my internal dictionary.

Satz, let us know if you and Mick come up with a Wedding Stratedgy.

Taking you up on that second cup before shifting out of N into the D slot.
      Have a great AF Tuesday everyone. PQ

Comment

AF day Tuesday 7 August

Good morning all!

Thank you again for welcoming me and remembering me in your posts.

I needn't have worried about sleeping well last night on day 1. I slept beautifully and actually remembered what I had read about before I corked off.

I really appreciate all of your support.

Mick, back in the day when I had some sobriety under my belt, I would sometimes take some AF wine to weddings/parties and drink that. I also got through a high-school reunion that had a cash bar. I was so happy to have only spent about $10 on sodas when many of my contemporaries had spent $50 on drinks. It was also wonderful to be able to drive home without guilt.

Shue, good on you for getting in your workout. I'm sorry you are missing your dog.

Lavande and others, I hope you have a great day!

On to tackle Day 2!

Hugs,
        YahYah
        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

AF day Tuesday 7 August

Good morning Abbers,

Getting a slow start myself today but that's OK

Mick, happy birthday to yuor daughter & I hope her car issues get straightened out without costing an arm & a leg :H
          Remembering back to when I first joined MWO (seems like 100 years ago) I was as clueless as anyone & scared to death! I just couldn't get a picture in my head of me living without a wine glass in my hand. Mostly I was terrified that I wouldn't be able to cope with my spouses emotional problems......long story. But I was sick & tired of living the way I was so I just took a huge leap into AFland. I am so grateful now that I did
          Going 30 days without AL changes everything & gets us going in the right direction

Greetings shue, porqoui & everyone stopping in today!

We are having a one day break in this heatwave so I am going to get some outside work done today. My hens are having a clucking good time already :H
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF day Tuesday 7 August

Lavande, I love chickens! I'm just south of you in Maryland, and I have lots of pastoral yearnings to get back to the land. I live in a townhouse, and I'm sure the HOA would have a hissy should I keep a small flock under my deck! Enjoy your day!
            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

AF day Tuesday 7 August

speaking of heat ... I am in traffic, going to a meeting - my car shows 111F outside - new record! It does not seem that long ago that I had to dig my 4 X 4 out of frozen solid snow ... gotta love the 4 seasons in this country ...
              workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

AF day Tuesday 7 August

Lavande;1361102 wrote: .... My hens are having a clucking good time already :H
                I love it! A Clucking Good Time! PQ

Comment

AF day Tuesday 7 August

good evening abbers!!
                  oh how the day flies when you're having fun.
                  this will be a 2 minute post 'cause i'm tired to the bones. which is great since i couldn't sleep last night!
                  Mick, i hope the birthday celebration was a blast!! i hope you were able to do all that was expected of you from the 2 ladies! or did you find a good hiding place? :H a 21 year old!! i'll be asking you "puberty" advice in the next year or so. i have a feeling my almost 11 year old and her friends are heading in that direction and i'm a bit scared. will be thinking about you the next days as you keep the docs in business.
                  hi to Porquoi, Lav and Shue. and everyone else who checks in tonight. and ..Heart i remember.
                  will have more to say tomorrow when the girls go to dad's house.
                  you all give me a lot of happiness-- thank you,
                  Life

Comment

AF day Tuesday 7 August

YoungatHeart!! i kept wanting to write Lightheart.
                    it's great to see you!!

Comment

AF day Tuesday 7 August

and Lilly!!! i saw your posts from last night. i hope your poor arm is feeling better!:l
                      it just took me a long time t remember if it was pour or pore arm. not good.!

Comment

AF day Tuesday 7 August

Super Quick Check In.....now at 12 days consecutive......I am feeling the final clearing of the fog. 12 days! God Lord....please never allow that crap in my system again!

Comment

AF day Tuesday 7 August

Hello to everyone new and old.

Got a little busy yesterday and didn't check in.

Although I didn't complete the tasks on my list I did have another AL free weekend and I did get the hike done.

I hope everyone had a good weekend.

See you tomorrow.
                          AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

Working...
                          X