AF day Thursday 9 August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF day Thursday 9 August

Good morning all..how are we today?? Surprise, surprise..had the umbrella in the back garden yesterday...and it wasn't to stop the rain!!!.The weather was absolutely gorgeous, in fact was in the garden till about 10 last night..more of the same today...who knows if this keeps up I might be getting fed ice like Lavs chickens!!
    So how is everyone today then?Feel; better in myself today..hence the mood change..wrote it all down, had a talk with a dear friend and hey presto back to normal.Think for me it was a combination of issues... getting confused and side tracking myself over isssues that mean actually zilch and also the fact that I still some 2/3 weeks later cannot walk properly, and most of my hobbies/activities involve walking running etc
    Right thats enough moaning..coffee and tea are on, I am on cup one..anyone else like one

Good morning Shue.grab a cup ..that was nearly a full brekkie yesterday that you put on..couple of bits missing..Is your treadmill at home, or do you gym it?Glad your feeling more positive now .
    Work for you at the moment doesnt sound like a breeze..dont let it get you down..it took me a long long time to learn that you work to live not live to work.Now that I am retired..(early I hasten to add !!!!)I look back and listen to some of the stuff that I was involved in... things at one time that were all consuming, and politely nod and say really, whereas in actual fact I am wondering if the slugs are going to get my lettuce or are the tomatoes ripening yet!!worth remembering

Morning Lav...boy that was some post yesterday...nothing happening!!! that definitely wasnt you How are things today?..think you have sent us some decent weather over so thanks for that

Morning YAH..thats easier!how are you on this day 4?Doing pretty good? great.Keep it up how was the busy day?

Good morning to you lifechange..and how are you this fine day?nice to see you posting 3 times yesterday! Usually in and out zooming about Bear with it..the Olympics are nearly over!!Im the same as you.. need a lot of repetition , lot of repetition, lot of repetition, lot of repetition, lot of repetition :H:H...the only difference is mine is written on lists every where.If it works who cares?Its what works for the individual.As for the party.. if you say your b/f understands then he will understand that you do not want to drink..get some you time in..as time goes on you will look at it differently..my own opinion its too early to be partying in your af life.Need some inspiration?look at your earlier posts and look at the difference.You will be fine

Hi Sunflower..how are you?going for another brew..want one??Couple of suggestions for you..First one is surfing the urge..go back to basics.when you want a drink go thrugh and write down why, benefits for/against, how you would feel if you had one etc.by the time you get to pouring it,you hopefully wont want it.
    The other one is about work....make a deal with your husband.. when you sit down together or go out, the first 15 mins or so is for work related issues..anything after that costs..make it fun..ie a forfeit or monetary like a swear box- talk work..talk money..then put it towards something for you both...unless you are a millionaire, you will catch on pretty quick..Word of warning if you do the forfeit one..remember you will be in public at times !!!Nuff said

Doglvr how are you? how is the running going?still in training?Sure you will be ok next week... you know where we are!
    Right everyone, lovely morning outside so I am getting into it.Big hi to all here and all who cant make it.
    Take care have a great af day
    Mick
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

AF day Thursday 9 August

Good morning Mick and all to come,

I got up at 6 and did a full hour on the treadmill , caffeine time now ? We put a cross trainer, treadmill and a few weights in the guest bedroom and presto ? home gym. I can also strap my iPad or kindle on the machines and I love to start my day with the last Mwo posts and a bit of the news. In my fit days (when I was 20lbs lighter and able to run 10k in 1 hour) my favorite time to exercise was early morning, before work . I am trying to get that back.

I really really do not let work get to me anymore ( I honestly think it was one of the major causes that pushed me over the edge, from alcohol abuser to actual alcohol addict). I see the difference so CLEARLY today. I also know that I cannot go back to being a ?normal drinker?. That took a long time to sink in. But I do worry about future / pension / college fund and all, given what big hit all of our investments took. I am trying to make sense of what is happening in the economy and look for new oportunities. I need my mind sharp and sober for that.

Mick, I think I?ll have a refill, sorry to hear about the toe putting a damper on your activities. Can you bike?

Lifechange
    ? with my two men ( even the cats) watching the Olympics I have no choice ? but it could be worse ? could be rugby or never-ending golf events . So I was very happy to have a girl to play with in my shoe room. I gave her a pair of studded sandals with thick heels ? told her stilettos are off -limits . Her dad (my next door neighbor) is an alcoholic, used to be a recovering alcoholic but I definitely see him drinking these days. I spoke honestly with her about my own drinking and how it alters what you say and how you act ? invariably her dad gets drunk and acts like a child, picking petty fights with her. And at 15 and full of raging hormones it does not take much to get her angry. Sad sad sad.

Whoaaa ? look at the time ? Best get going, fabbies.
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

AF day Thursday 9 August

Starting again

Good morning.

I have been lurking and reading here a lot, and Shue kindly reached out to me and told me to start posting. I have fallen badly and have disappointed my husband to the point where he is truly fed up. And I have let myslef down. And my dogs. Two are not well and they always sense when something is wrong here.
      So I am coming here every day, as I did for over six months when I stayed AF. It is not going to be easy, but my life will be ruined for good if I don't regain control.
      I see so many new people posting here, and that is ery encouraging. Don't give up that AF way of life!
      :lTDN
      "One day at a time."

Comment

AF day Thursday 9 August

Good Morning Mick, Shue, TDN and all to come.

Lav has sent good weather my way as well. Thanks.

Mick It took me so long to actually get back to doing the things I used to like to do, like Shue. It must be very frustrating but glad you had a dear friend to see you through.

TDN
        Sorry you're having to go through all the crap that comes with "Starting Again". Glad you found your way back to MWO. Just know that we're here to support you on your return journey.

On the way home from the Dr's yesterday, I had an overwhelming urge to drink. Didn't even stop for groceries as I didn't trust myself. I figure that came from dealing with legal issues, work going smooth, and with a clean bill of health a "reward" was called for after the "work". Was ready to pick up the phone for support but after making a salad and pouring an ice tea the craving, thought, urge was gone.

No great plans for today, Que Sera Sera and I'm feeling strong, confident and know I'm walking down the right path.

Have a great AF Thursday! PQ

Comment

AF day Thursday 9 August

TND, I am soooooo happy to see you posting again. It is terrible what you are now going through right now and I really feel for you. But it is not too late to turn it around. You know how many tries it took for many people here until they got it right. Damn, if quitting AL was easy there would be no MWO and no AA.

Love yourself first, hubby and doggies will be quick to see the change.

Comment

AF day Thursday 9 August

Porqoui - I have a little stash of treats in the car (nuts, mints, crisps, you name it) . I used them a lot in the beginning in order to divert from my cravings - what was it about me driving home and getting a craving? It was the feeling of anticipating pouring the first drink, mentally sorting through which wine I'd buy on the way home from work. At first the treats were sweet (because mostly I was craving the AL sugar), gradually I replaced them with lighter, healthier ones - but packing a strong flavor kick (spicy mixed nuts, chilly rice crisps and my all time favorite "Fisherman's friend" mints - those things can cure anything).

Comment

AF day Thursday 9 August

:thanks: for the advice shue. I will be stopping at the store for "snacks" today. PQ

Comment

AF day Thursday 9 August

Good morning, fabbies!

Thanks for starting the thread, Mick. I hope your toe is feeling better soon. I missed hearing what happened; what did you do to it? On the other hand, 10 pm in the garden sounds wonderful.

Shue, your exercise room/guest room sounds wonderful. Good for you for keeping up with it.

TDN, I am recently returned to ABS after falling too. Welcome back on the wagon. Keep the faith and keep putting one foot in front of the other.

Porquoi, Lavande and all, happy abby day!

I am happy to see that I have lost a pound after three days of abs. That little bit really makes me happy, and I am feeling relieved to be back on the Abs side of the fence. I'm going to haul my butt off to the treadmill myself.

YahYah
                AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

AF day Thursday 9 August

shueaddict;1361998 wrote: Porqoui - I have a little stash of treats in the car (nuts, mints, crisps, you name it) . I used them a lot in the beginning in order to divert from my cravings - what was it about me driving home and getting a craving? It was the feeling of anticipating pouring the first drink, mentally sorting through which wine I'd buy on the way home from work. At first the treats were sweet (because mostly I was craving the AL sugar), gradually I replaced them with lighter, healthier ones - but packing a strong flavor kick (spicy mixed nuts, chilly rice crisps and my all time favorite "Fisherman's friend" mints - those things can cure anything).
                  Hi All - still here and going strong. Have kinda 'forgotten' that I once drank EVERY evening
                  But yes the drive home or good news - or a good day at work or Friday - does tend to stir a ' oh a glass of wine' feeling. God best stop talking about it :egad:
                  I had to laugh at that Shue . I too have been using mints - but Fisherman's Friend - yes I think they would be good ok !!!! :H

Comment

AF day Thursday 9 August

Good morning Abbers!
                    I'm not familiar with those mints but i have a feeling fisherman have some really bad breath?? :H

I was up & out extra early to watch my grandsons. I'm watching them tear their house apart right now :H
                    Thanks for the coffee Mick! Nice to hear you have some improved weather conditions. Still way too hot & humid here. I heard yesterday that the month of July was the hottest ever on record. I believe that too!!!

Greetings shue, porqoui, YAH, satz & everyone!

TDN, I am relieved to see you back:l
                    Please stay close & hopefully we can help in some way.

Must get my attention back to these kids. Now i would NEVER be able to handle all this with a chronic hangover, would I?
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF day Thursday 9 August

Just a quick fly by to send hugs and encouragement out to all in FABland. Breaking this addiction really isn't easy. For those of us who have passed a certain point in the progressive addiction continuum - the reality is that there can be NO alcohol in our lives IF we want our lives back.

It takes awhile for the body and brain to heal...be patient...this is a process. I am grateful that we have found a place where we have one another to help us through this.

TDN....I am glad you are back....if there's any AL left in your house....pour it out. The moment you stop putting it in your body...the healing can begin again. If you have a tough patch in the next little while...I would encourage you to got back and read your earlier posts....when you were free. You'll get there again. ((HUGS))
                      Sober for the Revolution!
                      AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

AF day Thursday 9 August

Just checking in. I am just wiped out and could really use a vacation day. It's raining here and tempted to see if I could take tomorrow off. Nice to have a day to myself....might be the first one in awhile that I was not using as a hangover day!

Mick..thanks for the advice. Actually, my hubby and I rarely talk about work. We don't have that kind of time....we got two kids. My thoughts were more future drinking thinking. Which is better than the drinking now thoughts. I have plenty of time to come to my senses

Back to work!

Comment

AF day Thursday 9 August

Hi everyone

Not checked in for a few days. It's day 168 for me. I'm going to re read the Jason Vale book and some of my early posts as I am now getting occasional moderation thoughts and this worries me, especially as I'm not far off 6 months now. Think I need to check in more often again.

Take care all xx

Comment

AF day Thursday 9 August

Thanks for all the well wishes from everyone. There is no alcohol in the house, so I can safely say that I made it through Day 1. It was about a month ago I did six days before falling again. I am focused on staying AF this time. It really is a cunning and baffling disease, as I did so well for six months and felt I would not go back. I do know what I need to stay away from--or who I need to stay away from. I can't stay away from the one person who has been drinking with me, but I can keep my conviction to remain AF. I get such help and encouragement here.
                            I took L-Glut today and the Amoryn for anxiety and will take a Dramamine if I can't sleep tonight. Will start with some calming herbal tea.
                            Hope everyon has a great night. Be back tomorrow.
                            TDN
                            "One day at a time."

Comment

AF day Thursday 9 August

Great to hear all that TDN!
                              What can you tell your drinking buddy to get her to understand that you are serious about your decision to quit & stay quit?? We are here for you so stay close.

Sausage, just don't go there......you already know what the end result will be - stay close as well.

Greetings Sunflower & Turn

I am one tired granny tonight!
                              My grandsons are a job & a half but we all lived :H :H

If anyone is interested -
                              this is the Habit Busting program I used with some great results. It looks kinda hokey but it really does work provided you put the time in & do the work. I used this to break my learned habit of negative thinking. I never was a negative person ~ I became one after being married to a chronically negative person for 30 years
                              I did this program just before I found MWO & I think it was good timing
                              Habit Busting Secrets by Lee Milteer

Wishing everyone a peaceful & restful night!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X