PDA

View Full Version : I Must Be Nuts....

AAthlete
March 3rd, 2007, 12:16 AM
Okay, I know that I've done some crazy stuff, but I just signed up for a 124 mile ride/race that includes 11,000 feet of climbs!! Looks like I better get training!!

tawnyfrog
March 3rd, 2007, 01:14 AM
Go AAthlete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ScoobyDoo
March 3rd, 2007, 02:44 AM
Go go AAThlete! A former cyclist myself with triathlon. I'm signed up as backup for a 100 km Oxfam Trailwalker event in 3 weeks time. I hope I don't get called in because I haven't been training.

Have fun training for it!

I read your post about your lowered Max HR after AF... very interesting!

DooDoo

Arial
March 3rd, 2007, 03:09 AM
Way to go!

Great job! - it puts my 10 minute run yesterday a little in the shade, :H but you've motivated me to at least start again after many years of 'time out' :thanks:

- good luck with the training - really impressive!

Bella
March 3rd, 2007, 03:09 AM
Holy s*** you must be fit! Up until a few months ago i ran every day and i'm going for a jog this morning, it does make you feel good to exersise doesn't it. B

Popeye
March 3rd, 2007, 03:18 AM
Is that all??????:H

You're a star. Good luck.

sammys
March 3rd, 2007, 05:52 AM
WOW! You are great!!

Sammys

Rags
March 3rd, 2007, 06:59 AM
Go Athlete !
Does it include 11,000 feet of downs?
You'll carve it.
Let us know how you go.
Rags aka Banksia

sri
March 3rd, 2007, 07:31 AM
okay I was debating about heading to the gym this Saturday am as it is...but now I'm inspired...I'm going!

AAthlete
March 3rd, 2007, 06:24 PM
You know, the scary thing is the TDF riders (Tour De France) riders to that exact thing 20 days/times in a row...

lushy
March 3rd, 2007, 06:27 PM
Good to see you AA. You have been very quiet lately. You will do it. You put me to shame. Time for me to go out for a walk..........

Beaches
March 3rd, 2007, 09:27 PM
AA

Now that is impressive. Wanna come over and get me out of my house for a stroll HA HA

Good luck and that is a great goal.

Saint Jude
March 4th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Go AAthlete!
I went for a real bike ride yesterday along the river(lots of climbs & decents), I realized my stationary bike in the house doesn't do a darn thing! Not even close! :cool:

AAthlete
March 4th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Lush (and all others), thanks for the note. I have been out of town for a couple of weeks- man it's nice to be back!

Arial
March 4th, 2007, 02:54 PM
lycra

Abolutely right, St Jude, - ditto with running - Also went for a bike ride today and feeling great, but I have to ask - they make the saddles so uncomfortable because...?!

Have to also say that as I live in France I am surrounded by avid cyclists - it's the national sport here so at some times of the year you see as many cyclists as cars on the roads - it's great! It's also amazing to see the age of some of the cyclists who put me to shame - there's me chugging along at what I think is a reasonable speed, or walking up the hill that's too steep to actually ride up (for me anyway), and a man 'd'un certain age' just cruises right on past. I think it must be the lycra - you're certainly not a cyclist here unless you have the gear and the fluorescent lycra is an absolute must - I'm not sure that the French public are ready to see me in such attire so I'll just keep peddeling in my sweat pants and t-shirt - for the time being, anyway!

Bon courage, and happy peddaling to all of you :)

AAthlete
March 4th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Arial - it's amazing - I was just thinking this morning that I haven't met anyone here from France!! Glad to see that you are out and about on the bike! I can only wish that biking was as popular here as it is in France. I'm jealous.....