I Must Be Nuts....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Must Be Nuts....

Okay, I know that I've done some crazy stuff, but I just signed up for a 124 mile ride/race that includes 11,000 feet of climbs!! Looks like I better get training!!
    Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

I Must Be Nuts....

Go AAthlete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I Must Be Nuts....

Go go AAThlete! A former cyclist myself with triathlon. I'm signed up as backup for a 100 km Oxfam Trailwalker event in 3 weeks time. I hope I don't get called in because I haven't been training.

Have fun training for it!

I read your post about your lowered Max HR after AF... very interesting!

DooDoo
      :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

I Must Be Nuts....

Way to go!

Great job! - it puts my 10 minute run yesterday a little in the shade, :H but you've motivated me to at least start again after many years of 'time out' :thanks:

- good luck with the training - really impressive!
        :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
        Goals:
        Days 1-7 DONE
        Days 8-14 DONE
        Days 15-21 DONE
        30 days DONE
        60 days
        100 days

Comment

I Must Be Nuts....

Holy s*** you must be fit! Up until a few months ago i ran every day and i'm going for a jog this morning, it does make you feel good to exersise doesn't it. B

Comment

I Must Be Nuts....

Is that all??????:H

You're a star. Good luck.

Comment

I Must Be Nuts....

WOW! You are great!!

Sammys

Comment

I Must Be Nuts....

Go Athlete !
                Does it include 11,000 feet of downs?
                You'll carve it.
                Let us know how you go.
                Rags aka Banksia

Comment

I Must Be Nuts....

okay I was debating about heading to the gym this Saturday am as it is...but now I'm inspired...I'm going!
                  sri

Comment

I Must Be Nuts....

You know, the scary thing is the TDF riders (Tour De France) riders to that exact thing 20 days/times in a row...
                    Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

I Must Be Nuts....

Good to see you AA. You have been very quiet lately. You will do it. You put me to shame. Time for me to go out for a walk..........
                      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

I Must Be Nuts....

AA

Now that is impressive. Wanna come over and get me out of my house for a stroll HA HA

Good luck and that is a great goal.
                        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

I Must Be Nuts....

Go AAthlete!
                          I went for a real bike ride yesterday along the river(lots of climbs & decents), I realized my stationary bike in the house doesn't do a darn thing! Not even close!
                          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

I Must Be Nuts....

Lush (and all others), thanks for the note. I have been out of town for a couple of weeks- man it's nice to be back!

Comment

I Must Be Nuts....

lycra

Abolutely right, St Jude, - ditto with running - Also went for a bike ride today and feeling great, but I have to ask - they make the saddles so uncomfortable because...?!

Have to also say that as I live in France I am surrounded by avid cyclists - it's the national sport here so at some times of the year you see as many cyclists as cars on the roads - it's great! It's also amazing to see the age of some of the cyclists who put me to shame - there's me chugging along at what I think is a reasonable speed, or walking up the hill that's too steep to actually ride up (for me anyway), and a man 'd'un certain age' just cruises right on past. I think it must be the lycra - you're certainly not a cyclist here unless you have the gear and the fluorescent lycra is an absolute must - I'm not sure that the French public are ready to see me in such attire so I'll just keep peddeling in my sweat pants and t-shirt - for the time being, anyway!

Bon courage, and happy peddaling to all of you
                              :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
                              Goals:
                              Days 1-7 DONE
                              Days 8-14 DONE
                              Days 15-21 DONE
                              30 days DONE
                              60 days
                              100 days

Comment

Working...