AF day Monday 13th August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goooooooooood morning everyone!! yep the bad penny is back! and how are we all today?Well here I am back to normal..that would be a first!Early start yesterday morning, so couldnt start the thread.Well done TDN, you did an excellent job Toe and tooth held out yesterday...so Rio in 4 here we come :H
    Start of another af week..all up for it?Tea and coffee on the go now too, so come on in.

TDN...how are you this fine day?Good job yesterday,promotion looms for you!Good thing putting work issues in perspective..how important is this?, when does this need to be done before it bites me, and consequences.. what are the consequences of not doing this now?Reduces the stress.... everyone wants it like yesterday, so you then go into panic mode..then the little man in the bottle says let me help.Weather same over here..unsettled..no its not it is now raining..........end of summer.

Good morning Lavande.. how are you this fine day?weather is a side issue!Toe held up really well yesterday..walked for about 4 hours on it yesterday.
    Thanks for the offer of the eggs the other day...got to tell you.On my travels yesterday got some duck eggs, love them..and they are all double yolkers. mmmmmm.
    Glad the weather is better and that you can get outdoors again.
    I am determined to stay my course, stay focused on my quits, everyone else can basically go to hell....really love the way you dress it up ,why not get to the point?:H:H

PQ..and how are you today? the official score lady?Good I hope.Grab a brew..tea, coffee, or fruit tea, kiwi, cherry, apple?
    Didnt post last night..got home had tea, bit of a chat and then the Olympic closing ceremony..that was pretty good.When it was finished I was informed by my good lady that instead X factor was coming back on!Doesnt life get better by the day?Thought we had sent that programme over the pond?
    What are you up to today? anything spectacular? have a great day

Doggygirl..good morning to you too.. Impressed with your signs of relapse..missed one out though..called guess where the money went..the empty pocket or pocket full of crap the next morning!
    My experience of the Olympics??apart from being press ganged into watching it every night..not a lot! tbh some parts were very good.9 million ???s though was it worth it?
    I live in the North west of England, Yorkshire Lancashire border..us Scots love jumping across borders!!

Hi Sausage and how are you today on day 172?Hope all is ok.Good luck with the room cleaning...my daughter comes home every now and then ..and still manages to turn it into a tip in 2 days

CANTOO!!!!! Yeesssss... well done you.brilliant :surrender:remember this little fellow?well he is a non starter..you are now in charge.Room in your run for a hopalong?So positive keep going

Morning YAH..great abbreviation that you ok?Glad you are getting settled in..that means one of 2 things..you are getting more confident here, or you are becoming mad as a box of frogs like the rest of us

Turn again.. good morning, are you on your own/nearly alone or got a houseful?How are things with you..that is apart from oral surgery..pretty sure the inside of my mouth has got a bullseye on it!love the phrase.. guess it must be world wide when the dentist sticks the needle in your mouth "this wont hurt, you will just feel a sharp scratch"..like hell might not hurt him, its definitely more than a sharp scratch and I've by this time broken the arms of the chair gripping them..my sympathies go out to you

Good morning Flyaway..nice to see you .6 months wow well done. Isn't it strange how your take on people changes when you become af?People you thought at one time were being dead funny suddenly become a pain in the head!!Glad the sink was only 3 ft away !

Kas..good morning.. how are you?still in the dungeon??? sounds like you do get out ad about a wee bit..nice to hear from you .Love that picture

Morning sunflower how are you?have you ditched the bug yet?.. hope you get better soon.

Guitarista..yo how are things down under?Yep the Who were good.Kaiserchiefs did pretty good too...sad thing is remember the who first time!

Ooroo

Papmom...lovely to see you...circs dont sound that great at present...hang on in there they will get better.my thoughts and prayers are with you, keep strong.

Right peeps thats me going..only had one brew shock horror.Big shout to everyone here and also those not on at the moment.

Leave you with one thought....we have all got computers..(otherwise we wouldn't be here).So next time you fancy just that one drink..before you do, type into your computer
    Brigitte Neilson alcohol binge and have a look..not a pleasant result for beautiful lady all for drinking that shit (oops)

Have a great af day all

Mick
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Good morning, Mick and all to come today!

Day 5 for me. Feeling a little tired, but SO much better than last Monday!

Mick, so gals you are back on coffee duty! And boy, you are full of beans, as usual Sounds like you had a long, but nice, day! Too bad you had to watch the X Files--I rarely watch that! And I refer to the TV in our bedroom as "mine," as I often want to watch things Mr TDN doesn't. We were both excited to watch the closing ceremonies, though, and I really appreciated that they showed highlights from the two weeks, as I saw very little. Going to try to remember to "look on the bright side of life."

Little less humidity today, and no rain predicted until tomorrow night. I expect that we'll be busy at work today, unless people decide to head to the beaches. I will try to remain above the drama of the other girls and focus on being grateful!

I wish everybody a great start to a great AF week! Will check back later.

:lTDN
    "One day at a time."

Comment

Good Monday morning Abbers!

This is Lav checking in from her BS free zone :H :H

Mick, I have never had the patience for any BS in my life ~ I do tend to be direct but alway with a smile on my face & love inmy heart
      Glad your toe allowed you to have a good day yesterday. I have to admit that I really didn't sit & watch any Olympics programing, just saw the news results. Sorry I missed seeing The Who though. I saw them kive in Philadelphia 100 years ago ~ awesome.

TDN, I am very happy for you lady
      Stick with us, don't wander off again, OK? This AF journey is too important & too hard to get back too when we take side trips.

Well I have the dogs fed, the chickens fed & watered so I'm going to jump in the car & get myself to Curves. 30 minutes of exercise & a lot of laughs is a great way to start the week
      YahYah, you asked if I have any other animals.......just a 25+ year old Cockatiel who resides in a big cage inmy kitchen

Have a great day!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning everyone! Once again...thanks for the coffee Mick! I am 22 days today and I can't remember the last time I had been AF for this amount of time. I go to the Dr today for my check-up since starting the AB and I am so excited to tell him that I have been AF for 22 days and attending my AA meetings. I have been to enough of them now that I actually see familiar faces so that makes it alot easier. I am still learning this whole AF process but I am really loving this new sober journey that I am on. It is so exciting to be re-claiming my life and discovering who I really am without the cloud of AL looming over me and suffocating any chances I had of knowing the "real" me.

Happy AF monday to everyone!!!! Stay strong...together we can do this!
        AB Club Member
        AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Good morning Absters. Dest, thats fantastic! I hope your doctor makes a fuss over you, but if he/she doesnt we will...

YAY Destiny has 22 days :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

By now your body is really starting to recover, and it does feel wonderful.

Hi to Mick and Lav and TDN. Special note to TDN, I found it a lot easier to let peace into my heart when I learned that what other people get their knickers in a knot about is for them, and not me. It looks a lot like you are on to that as well. Everyone has problems to sort through and cope with, but we all basically " Live in our own dream" and not in the dreams of others.

By the way, I think we all drank for lots of reasons, and in the end mostly to kill what ever pain we are in. Its not for trivial superficial reasons either, usually really deep ones we may be in denial about. So one day I discovered a book called Four Agreements, by Don Miguel Ruis. I think when I discovered those Agreements I started out of the heavier drinking phase and into where I am now. Here they are in short form.

1. Be Impeccable with your Word: Say only what you mean avoid using words to speak against yourself and others
          2. Dont take anything personally. Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, when you are immine to the opinions and actions of others you wont be a victim of needless suffering
          3. Dont make assumptions. Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others clearly
          4. Always do your best (easy one). Simply do your best and avoid self judgement and self abuse and regret.

I have learned a great deal of how to understand other people and how they were affecting me from Ruis's books. I am not a big self help book person, but this short little book really helped me understand why I was damaging myself with AL, and also getting myself into trouble with others quite a bit. I was not living by these simple rules, and letting what I THOUGHT others were thinking about be bug me ( a lot).

Doggy:

CONGRATULATIONS ON A PERFECT SCORE AT SCHOOL!!! Yay Dgirl. You rock!!!

So speaking of little books. I am after half way through reading an Env Impact Report that is 746 pages long, before all of the appendices and subtending documents, preparing for a hearing in September.

So....byeee.

Kas
          Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Omgod Kaslo....that was sooooooo sweet and totally unexpected!!!!! I really needed that right now..so thanks a million!!!!!!:h:h:h
            AB Club Member
            AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

fABbies! Happy Monday.

P3 - so glad to see your post and update! I'm sorry I didn't respond to your FB. I am a bad, bad FBer! Glad the "maiden voyage" finally took place for your Dad!!! I'm sorry to hear the financial woes linger on despite the 2 jobs. :l I firmly believe something good is in your cards soon in the $$$ department. We gotta just stop this sugar thing.

Mick - of COURSE I googled Brigette!!! Ugh. Alcohol does not go well with middle age (29) does it. I need to remember that.

TDN - congrats on Day 5! I called up that movie on Netflix. Is it in English or subtitled?

Lav - have you always had a bird in your kitchen? Does it talk? What does it say?

Destiniey - congrats on 22 days! Awesome! I too go to AA. Something I SWORE I would never do. :H I've made lots of really good friends there. Hope you have a good experience with it too.

Kas - I think you are right that for many of us drinking in earnest begins when we realize it kills pain (physical and/or emotional).

Hello all fABbies yet to come today!

So who has a Kindle? I just got one this summer and LOVE IT!!! I get e-mails every day from a blogger who lists a variety of free kindle books. Holy moly I will never need to BUY another book for recreational reading ever again!!! If I don't download any more, I've got plenty of fiction to read for the next 10 or 20 years! :H that should keep me off the streets. None of my text books for this fall were available on Kindle though. So I bought a briefcase thing on wheels.

Cool and rainy here. After a HOT spring and HOT summer, figures it would cool off just in time to stall the ripening of the tomatoes that I had hoped to can. Oh well. I'm just gonna go with the flow and enjoy the cool weather!

I'm going to a ???? cosmetic (skin care? hair care? body care?) party tonight. One of my friends daughters is starting a business. LOL she's excited that "the mary kay lady is coming." I'm sure I will come home with something fabulous to use!! (because even though I'm only 29 I'm getting some awful wrinkles....)

One thing is for sure.....there will be NO AL in my day today!

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Not a day over 29 I'm sure DG....none of us are :H :H
                I've had that bird in my kitchen for > 25 years. His name is Diz, found in a shoe box & brought home by YB back during his street cop days. I don't even know how old the bird is....maybe 30 or more? The owner moved & left the bird sitting in a shoebox on his driveway, sad! He's been a big part of the family, his cage is decorated for Christmas with lights! He repeats a few words, sings a few tunes he was taught when he was young but not so much these days. Gettin old

Destiniey, so glad you are making real progress
                The journey keeps getting better, you'll see!

Kaslo, now you have me interested in reading The Four Agreements - thanks for the suggestion.
                I've been reading more on my iPad lately ~ easier on the granny eyes than the Kindle

Drinking was an out & out source of pain relief for me. Well, it took my attention off of my emotional pain but caused more physical pain than you can imagine. I feel grateful to have learned to not let the behaviors of others hurt me anymore

OK, back to work for me....
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Just checking in to say Hi. Nothing to report today. Kinda one of those down days but this too shall pass. Chat tomorrow. PQ

Comment

Lav - how did I not know about Diz??? Or maybe I forgot. At any rate, why doesn't Diz have a place of honor once in awhile in your avatar??? Hmmm???? I hope Mick's bird never tries any funny business with your bird! :H What sort of reader do you use on your iPad? I have a Kindle fire and I make the text REALLY BIG. It's so much more awesome than printed books. Don't the other Kindle versions do that?

Hi PQ. One day at a time. You are right that *this* too shall pass. Doesn't seem to matter what *this* is...it passes anyway!

OK - off to my girly party! Hope everyone has a great evening. Where's Det?

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Thanks for the Four Agreements info, Kas. That sure sounds right to me. I'll see if I can find the little book on ebay. Just received BLAME by Michelle Huneven that I ordered on ebay last week and will start it tonight.
                      DG, the movie is in French with subtitles. I hope I can somehow fast forward to where I got cut off last night. As you probably know, French films are often very dark, and this one is for sure. I used to see a lot of them when I was teaching French, but haven't seen too many over the past few years. That is why I like Netflix. I just have the kind of account that allows you to watch immediately, as I used to get the DVDs and forget I had them.
                      Today was a very difficult day at work, as my friend and co-worker came in having taken an Ativan (or two?) and she brought a bottle of wine. I'm sorry to say that a week ago I would have had some wine, but today I was just so upset over this. I never used any prescription drugs, but boy, mixing them with AL is horrific! She was useless and almost got beligerent, and just told me when she came in that she had to leave for a marriage counseling session two hours before scheduled to leave. Did a similar thing last week. I didn't want her to drive the three miles to the appointment, but she refused to listen. She is married to an evil man who tries to control her, but, given her past history, I can almost understand. I can no longer get involved in any of her affairs, and I am questioning whether or not she will be able to continue to work. She is taking a week off starting Sunday, and the owner will have a fit over that. I just thanked God today that I am not in that place. Enough about that, but I needed to get it out.
                      I'm sitting out on the deck oerlooking our back yard, and it is really peaceful and beautiful, with lots of birds singing and my dogs with me. (Except for one, who just went for a ride with Mr TDN to get fresh corn.) I have rediscovered how nice it is to come home and look forward to a simple dinner, some TV, then reading and maybe a movie.
                      Hope you are all doing well, and I'll read all the posts later.
                      TDN
                      "One day at a time."

Comment

Destiny, yer welcome. The first month is a huge accomplishment. Dont think we are not paying attention, we really are.

Hey DG, re Kindle, its so cheap, its excellent. My ipad is very good, better even, but also WAY more expensive, and if I stepped on it or dropped it in the water I would cry, whereas my Kindle not so much. Its a great thing, light, easy on the eyeballs even in bright sunshine.

BTW Lav, you are a very practicle person so I feel I should warn you that Ruiz introduction to his 4 agreements is a bit hard to read AT FIRST. He is very mystical, you can hear windchimes, I swear, but later on in the book, the nuts and bolts about how to not react and absorbe and translate another persons actions words and what you THINK they are thinking into your own thoughts is hugely valuable in so many ways. I learned huge coping skills which freed me up. I gave up years of self-recrimination over how I was treated by my immediate family. Which was appaulingly bad, but they were hurting, so what can I say? I am a WAY better person because of this book, and its on my shelf along with all the tox and plant and soil and air pollution books, right behind me as I type this.

Where is Det? I keep asking and no answers are given. Do we have to send out an all points bulletin?

One thing IS for sure.

Kas
                        Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

TDN,
                          I am so happy to hear you are focused & holding your own
                          I'm sorry about your friend/coworker but she sounds like she needs help that you cannot supply. Hopefully she will seek the appropriate help before she hurts herself or someone else.

DG, this is DIZ

He's a feisty old bird but I'm not sure he could save himself from Mick's collection of birds :H
                          I can't let him out of the cage anymore becuase there are ceiling fans in almost every room in this house - too dangerous!
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Thanks for that info Kaz - you really know me

No sign of Det for quite some time
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Omgod....I had a cockatiel that looked just like yours Lav!!!!!! Oh how I miss him....he passed away a few years ago...he was in his 20's. His name was "Zitkala" or 'Zeet" for short...it means "Little Bird" in Lakota Sioux. I am not Native American but LOVE the culture, history, legends and find that they tie into my life sooo much...perhaps I lived in a teepee in another life.....who the hells knows! Ha!
                              AB Club Member
                              AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Working...
                              X