AF day Tuesday 14th August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning/evening/afternoon.. folks...please delete the ones not applicable!!!Well how are we all today?Up and raring to go I see.Another couldnt sleep night, so got up and made coffee.Now on no2 ,..anyone for coffee and tea?Well life here is getting back to normal after all the fuss of the Olympics.. that is until the para Olympics start.
    Well thats me on day 42 now... is that right PQ?..never thought I would get to this point...so far any/everyone else who thinks they cant do it... its possible.Thank you to all those that have given me support ..I was going to say on this journey..but it isnt really.. it is a new way of life..journey sounds temporary.

Good morning TDN...how are you today?noticed your posts in other places on the site.well done you..its great to bob about and see whats happening.As for your friend..there is only so much you can do...be there if she asks or needs your support, but to do anything she has got to make the initial step.

Hi Lav..cofee for you?Hows things with you today..what plans have you got now that the weather has calmed down a bit?
    Nice cockateil that is.. considering his age he looks in better shape than me!!Nope don't think he would fare so well with the ones I am with.The avatar at present I am using is of a Russian steppes eagle..cant fly,his primary feathers will not grow .

DESTINIEY..........Well done..22 days you are getting there keep it up..in fact as you read this you will be on 23 so well done :wd::wd:

Kas..good morning to you.wow dont know where you got that green colour from, but its the first time I have had to wear shades at half six in the morning!!How are you doing? By the way ..you know that book you are reading??Hate to be an ending spoiler, but I have read it too.In the end they get married, buy a wee house in the country and live happily ever after :H

Good morning DG and how are you and middle aged 29 today?We must be about the same age me and you...give or take a couple!!!!!!!Well done too.no alcohol.Wish my toms would start to ripen..loads of green but only couple of red.Cant complain, so far I have eaten out of my own garden. Potatoes, cabbage lettuce beetroot courgette, rhubarb strawberries cucumber onions radish broad beans peppers... not all in the one pot!!!!Still got quite a bit to go too.

Hi PQ...chin up it will pass.come and have a brew.Time you read thisyou will be full of beans..so keep smiling..at best you will feel better.. at worst people will think you are nuts and leave you alone!

Hi Cantoo..how are you today? well on your way to your target..how do you feel now about your reality..bearing in mind day 1 you thought it was a crock of .... ?

Hi Lilly E how are things with you ?Pretty busy I guess.On the al front.. no more mad thoughts? me neither.

Papmom..how are things with you today? keep at it..things will get better for you

Seems to be a shortage of people on here.. the familiar names.. but Iguess we are all busy in one way or another.
    Anyway for those here and those not take care and have a great af day

Mick
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Good morning, Mick and all to come today!
    Day 6, and I am drinking my French Roast as I read, Mick. Read yesterday's posts, and always gain a lot from Kas, Lav, Pap3, etc. I will not get any further involved in co-worker's issues, and pray that she does get the help she needs.
    I love the early mornings, and enjoy the quiet time before the world wakes up. Going for a walk a little later before I have to head to a hair appt and then work.
    Finished watching Domeian last nigth--Netflix does sae your spot--and the ending was ery strange, but disturbing. I then watched two new TV episodes of Intervention, which hasn't been on for a while, as far as I know. Both cases turned out pretty well, especially the 62 yr old (who looks 82) meth addict who seemed hopeless. I also read a few chapters of BLAME--Lilly, think you mentioned having read it--and it is a compelling story. The description of the jail is frightening. Can't wait to read more tonight. I do find inspiration to not pick up a drink again when I read/view these stories.
    Pap3, I am still praying for the job for you. You certanily deserve it! Good attitude about the woman who got that first job you wanted. Stay strong--I know you will.
    Shue, hope you check in today. I know how crazy busy you are.
    Have a wonderful AF day, everybody!
    TDN
    "One day at a time."

Comment

Good morning Mick, TDN & all Abbers,

Getting ready for a day of watching my grandsons - hoo boy! They are an energetic pair :H
      A cold front is moving this way so the cloud cover at present will be rain later but lovely cooler temps will follow

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Tuesday, will check in when I can!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hello all you fab abbers!
        i missed the tram to pick up the kids so i have a couple of minutes before i have to head out again. unfortunately too late for coffee, Mick--though i'm sure you kept it warm for me! i'm always late the beginning of the week 'cause i head out the door around 730--TDN, your coffee was also delicious the other day--sunday!-thanks.

i arranged my work today so that i could make it to a 12 lunch aa meeting nearby. i'd been there a few times months ago, but couldn't decide if i really wanted to put the time in. i've had such a struggle recently with my mind never shutting the fuck up-- and i thought why not just try again? try to find a sponsor, try to do the steps. it certainly can't hurt. so i went and i woman who i recognized from before gave the announcement that if someone was looking for a sponsor, she was in charge of the list and could help to bring people into contact. so i asked her-- and she asked if i'd like her to be my sponsor--and i would. so i feel super about having gone today--

hello to Lav and all to come today--i have to go back and thoroughly read the past 2 days.--i saw that so many people have come back and by to say hi.
        i will take the time tonight after the little ones are asleep.
        :lLife

Comment

Hey folks - I'm putting this out there on the boards.
          As you know I am AF for 43 days - a minor miracle in itself
          I have been using AB that another member kindly sent on. It works for me very well - helps by taking the choice away !
          I am not attending a doctor - but going it alone as many others on MWO - so want to know if anyone has any AB lying in a drawer somewhere that they do not use - can I relieve you of it ?:thanks:

I can PM address and send postage if required

Comment

Good morning fab abbies! Got my coffee going on here and slowly waking up.

Sorry about no post yesterday. I was being very lazy. I really should clean off my desk, though.

I'm glad to see so many racking up the AF days; satz with 43, Mick with 42, TDN with 6, Lavande with forever. Congrats on getting yourself a sponsor, lifechange! A good sponsor is a wonderful thing.

I think I am going to get a nice walk in before I have to get ready for work.

Otherwise, nothing new here; it's day 9 for me.

Have a great day.
            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Just poking my head in. Sick on Sunday and now it seems like life has picked up full speed. This is good thing and keeps me motivated to stay AF.....not mention.....I don't have time to drink. It's amazing how slowly it starts out and then within a short time...your actually starting the live the life you always meant to get around to.

Everyone have a great day!

Comment

good evening !!

i just got back from a walk to the video store to get away from BF and friend drinking brandy and telling old stories. thanks Lav for your advice last week--it really worked. as soon as he leaves next wed. i will insist again on a completely af household. it definately makes my life easier at this point.
                great job Satz!! you're doing so well.
                YahYah, also great going on the 9 days!! is your story somewhere to read here?
                and Sunflower--so good to see you doing so well--enjoying the life you've been meaning to have all this time!! i'm looking forward to being a bit closer to that myself.

a wonderful rest of the day for you all and all to come,
                Life

Comment

Hello everyone,

Well tonight I had a condo board meeting - the first in many years where I could make it to the end without thinking about getting home and downing a few bottles of beer. Hmmm, didn't realize it until just now.

Mick, my reality is that I am alone and I'm ok with that. Deep down I know I don't have to be. I know I can reach out and someone will be there.

Something else I've learned about myself. When I quit drinking in my teens I had to walk way from all my friends and put all my energy into studying. When things got out of control in my late 30's I walked away from family and friends and put all my energy into working out in the gym. Now in my late 40's I find that I have to walk towards people because I was drinking alone, at night, every night. I'm finding it harder to go out there and find someone to talk to face to face than I did walking away.

Lifechange - congrats on handling the drinking friend and for the Sponsor. You can do it.

Sunflower - I agree. If we can just keep moving it will turn into a real to goodness life.

YoungAtHeart, satz123, Lavande and ThreeDogNight I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow.

CT
                  AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

CanToo;1364179 wrote:
                    Something else I've learned about myself. When I quit drinking in my teens I had to walk way from all my friends and put all my energy into studying. When things got out of control in my late 30's I walked away from family and friends and put all my energy into working out in the gym. Now in my late 40's I find that I have to walk towards people because I was drinking alone, at night, every night. I'm finding it harder to go out there and find someone to talk to face to face than I did walking away.
                    CT

Beautiful piece of self realization there Can - now you need to keep reaching for it where you can. Don't be too hard on yourself right now though. :l

Life, Well DONE on getting to AA and finding a sponsor!!! (I still have not.) I'd love to hear updates how you're finding it. I'm very ambivalent about the AA idea myself but I do of course wonder if it could help. Sounds like it's a good tool for you right now.

Especially as, sorry to say Mick
                    but i have been having the odd mad bad drinking thoughts

The stupid thoughts go a bit like this...
                    It's so extreme - is total abstinence *really* necessary?
                    How can I do it longterm?
                    Would it really hurt to have the odd binge?
                    Everyone probably thinks I'm being boring.. I feel boring
                    Ah, for a sophisticated icy martini at my favorite bar, a lovely glass of wine

Etc

And such forth... rubbish all of it, yes I know but they are there...

Still, I am very aware of them, and analyzing and not running with them and am actively trying to counteract them. Enjoyed Kimberley's thread in General - especially the stuff about the shift to positivity in recovery and just ordered her book.

Don't get me wrong I am NOT NOT NOT planning to drink. I do NOT want to drink. I know this is far better. I am just struggling with these thoughts and trying my best to work my head back to that positive place. My anxiety has reared its head big time this week, which hasn't helped at all. I wonder if it is partly PAWS but I'm still a bit unclear on this and how severe a drinker you have to have been to get it. Need to do more research into that.

Busy-busy so I'm flying in and out again but HI all!

Comment

Working...
                    X