Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF day Wednesday Aug 15th

Good morning everyone,
    how are things today with all in the big world?Not a lot going on over this way at the moment..did a lot in the garden yesterday...and my rabbits helped to lighten my workload.Grown some turnips from seed and they were young plants.Laid the tray of them on the grass, while I raked the veg bed and the rabbits must have thought, poor man he as got too much work on, lets help relieve the workload...so they did.They ate all the young plants!!!At the hospital later on..hopefully an end to the toe saga..dentist tomorrow so that should be done too.
    Just made some coffee, anyone want some?

Morning TDN...you ok? up drinking your French roast?Think it is a good idea not to get involved..be there if she needs you otherwise...What are you up to today?

Morning Lav...you ok?yep caught me peeking about yesterday .What are you doing today?house now back to normal now or more grandson watching to do? just looking at the weather forecast...severe weather storm forecasts scheduled for here, so be a case of battening down the hatches and see. Still fine at the moment but the wind is picking up.

Lifechange ..quick coffee how are things with you?Think you are coping really well with the brandy scenario.. just shows it is possible.Are things sorted out with a sponsor yet for you?

Satz....hiya, how are things with you?..see you still haven't let me catch up yet!! 1 ahead!Glad you are doing ok.

Morning on your day10 YAH..How are you?What are you up to today?Desk cleared off yet?

Sunflower ..glad you are better..life now back at full tilt for you?

Cantoo...good morning.. coffee? Liked your reality post...life is about choices..but to make those choices you need to be in control...seems to me you are doing pretty good on that front Always get a positive feeling from your posts.

Well folks, short thread today...not a lot of people on, not a lot to talk about.Just remains to say whatever you are doing today..stay focused and have a great af day
    Mick
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Good morning, Mick and all Abbers coming on today--

Drinking my French Roast, Mick, thank you! Feeling tired, but I know it is most likely due to the toxins leaving my body. Day 7 today--a week, which I feel very good about. Haven't really had any thoughts of drinking, which I am grateful for, but I know they can appear at any moment, so remain focused. My co-worker is really suffering, and I see that as something I don't want.
    CanToo, you are very wise to see that isolation makes this whole disease worse. I hope that you can meet some good sober people out there, whether it is through AA or just by reaching out. I haven't been to AA in a while, and know I'll go back, but sometimes the dynamics of the group can be disturbing, and that was the way my last couple of meetings went. And a few people from the group have stopped by the shop, and for a couple of them, I just got the feeling they were being nosey, not supportive. But in general, it's a good support system. I really do prefer this group, and feel as though I know so many here so well.
    Glad to see LC, YAH, Lilly and others posting every day! Lilly, I so understand thsoe thoughts that creep in, but they only lead to a place that is dark and disturbing. I have thought before how nice it would be to sit at an outside restaurant and have a cold glass of wine, but then I know, as DG has said, I have never had just one! One bottle maybe, but never that one nice glass I see in my thoughts. When I was watching the French film the other night, the woman liked Vouvray, and that was once my very favorite wine, and when I was in France, I was able to buy it at a very cheap price. I could taste what I describe as the "wine cave" taste, but then I saw where this woman went, and realized that I can't ever have that again. I do have what seem like great memories of drinking that wine in French cafes, but that was close to 30 years ago, and I was just starting on the path to alcoholism. It took a long time to reach my low point, but there were bad times along the way, and I ignored the signs.
    Going for my morning walk, then need to do a little rsearch for a part time thing I am going to do (educational sales), then work at 11:00. Dinner at our friends' tonight, and one may have wine, but her husband is a recovered alcoholic who hasn't had a drink in years. Thunderstorms possible again today, but we still need the rain.
    Lav, Kas, Pap3, Turn, and everybody else--have a wonderful AF day!
    :lTDN
    "One day at a time."

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

Enjoying the coffee Mick & TDN, thanks

We did have a pretty good lightning show last night. I was outside with Matilda around 10 pm & just about jumped out of my shoes when the entire sky lit up :H
      Love the puppy but I'm not going to risk getting hit by lightning

Mick, the rabbits are plentiful around here & I usually have to plant 'extra' in my veggie garden just to keep us all happliy well fed. Sorry to hear about your turnips

TDN, good for you piling up those AF days! making plans for an AF future sounds nice

OK, today I go to Curves, deliver eggs then back here to get some work done & ready for shipping.
      Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Hump Day!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning, Mick, thanks for the coffee. It's helping me wake up. I need help this morning! So sorry to hear about your turnips. Those rabbits must be pretty crafty to steal them right from behind your back like that! I hope you get a clean bill of health on your toe.

TDN, congrats on Day 7. I'm feeling tired too. I can easily romanticize my drinking, but as you have said, it is the drinking of 30 years ago, when 1-2 glasses of wine would do the trick.

Hey Lavande, enjoy your time at Curves. I saw there were some wicked thunderboomers up your way last night.

Anyway, a happy AF day to all, and all to come!

Onward and upward. I have a busy work day today; I'll be glad when I can get home and rest.

YahYah
        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Quick fly by, peeps. Mick, I love the coffee you serve … TND, you were right yesterday I was busy (started my day at 6AM for a bike tour of the golf course … then broke the speed record driving back to the city – I was in the office by 9AM … I put in a solid 12 hours, got loads done so I hope to be able to take Friday off ).

My detox + exercise plan is paying off, I managed to drop 4 lbs in the past 2 weeks … hooray … finally !!!

Mick – the new Swedish golf pro added 20 yards to my drive and a spring in my step (wink wink). Going back for more this weekend.

Lilly – I love the links you post, thank you so much for them. I really appreciate you taking the time to read and look for relevant information for us. Not much chance to chat, maybe tomorrow morning for me … that would be 7AM GMT (afterwards I will be away until the end of Aug and the Ipad does not support applications that they don’t make money out of, i.e. chat).

Lav
          – when I am out of the rat race I swear I am getting chickens …

Kas
          , I missed your pics and your sharp wit!!! I’ll try to post some too from the golf / mountain chalet.

Turn
          – ouchie on the dental!!! Stay strong and I hope you catch a break between guests. I was thinking of you when I was biking at sunrise … but mostly I was thinking “thighs don’t fail me now … I still need to walk in heels today”

Big hello to everybody else.
          workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

fABbies! Was not able to squeeze in MWO time yesterday but here I am today.

Mick- congrats on 42 days!! You are right – the miracle CAN happen even if previous efforts have not been successful. The only way to fail is to quit trying. Sounds like your garden is doing well! Hope your toms start coming soon.

TDN congrats on day 6!! You sound really good. I know what you mean about other people’s stories (and memories of my own story) being a good deterrent.

Lifechange – congrats on finding a sponsor since that is what you wanted to do. I am very grateful for the fellowship of AA and all the gal pals I have made there! The steps absolutely help me deal with life in a more effective and peaceful way. And showed me a path to self forgiveness too. I hope you find some things there that are meaningful to you. Also – I agree with you that you are completely within your rights to insist on your house being AF. We don’t have booze inside my house either, and I do not feel bad about that decision.

Satz – congrats on 43 days! Hope you find the AB you are looking for.

YAH – I too need to clean off my desk!

Sunflower – indeed it is great to get to the life we were always meant to live!

CanToo – I can relate to the 40’s being a time of isolation. I went from being a party girl in my 20’s to excessive corporate executive drinker in my 30’s to lonely, isolated and suicidal drinker in my 40’s. Interesting how the progression goes. It has been quite a process to come back out of my shell. If you keep working at it you will find the life you are supposed to be living.

LillyE – I know those thoughts very well. The addicted part of our brains will say ANYTHING to try to get a fix. Lies. My own brain told me lies such as:

• Just one (hahahahaha)
            • Drink today and get back on the wagon tomorrow (that did NOT work – took me 8 more months of misery to get back on the wagon after quickly realizing the mistake)
            • Nobody will know (wha???????????? I will know. Besides, it’s obvious.)

Hi Lav!!!! How is the egg production this year?

Hi Shue! Wow. 12 hour day. Don’t miss those!

Have a meeting with the agent about our health insurance (UGH!) and then work on a volunteer project this afternoon. One thing is for sure…I’m not going to mess up this gorgeous day by drinking AL!

Have a good one everybody.

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi Folks
              Still here - still clocking them up !!! Still 2 days ahead of Mick & planning to stay there for a while :H

and guess what ?

In Ireland : It's raining AGAIN !!!:yuk:
              :crap: WEATHER !

Comment

Oh and still no offer of AB :upset:

Comment

hello you wonderful people!
                  i am so bummed to have missed the coffee so many mornings in a row. can be that i make it tomorrow-- but that's only if i bag out on doing gardening work. which would actually make my life more difficult in the long run. we'll see. anyway, i'm sure it was delicious!
                  i can't believe those naughty little rabbits, Mick. at least you know they thoroughly enjoyed them. hope you have good toe news!

DG, i don't know if i mentioned before (i thought about it!) how much your story meant to me. a while back i spent a good part of a couple of days reading the whole thing (almost) and found it so inspiring. it took me ages to get to the "my story" section of this site. great stuff there. i'm excited about this aa group and my sponsor. everytime i go there i'm amazed to encounter a room full of normal looking people. i still don't know what i expected.! i live in a super trendy, transient area of town so i was also pleasantly surprised to see several familiar faces--(i was last there about 5-6 months ago)

Comment

Shue!! you're wearing me out! how fast are you driving on that road? and great going on the detox-health kick. i bet you feel great--losing 4lbs is a super payoff to putting in some hard work, isn't it? i find when i treat my body well with good food and exercise i see results pretty quickly. that's all the poor bod wants, really.

Lilly, stay strong, stay strong! you're doing so well--puttin in all the work. i also so appreciate you posting links and writing out your thought processes. you help us all along the way.

hugs to you all!! TDN! YAHYAH! SUNFLOWER, LAV, SATZ, KASLO, TURN! PORQUOI!

Comment

and Cantoo! you're doing so well-- i also have to work hard to figure out how to bring people back into my life. i've managed to hold on to a few, but have let go of so many. many that i wish i hadn't. slowly, slowly i guess. :l

Comment

Happy Wednesday!!!

Just a quick check in while I'm at work. I'll take a green tea if you have it Mick.

WooHoo I'm working on day 20! Jumped out of bed early this morning in a Good mood. Feeling Great.

Might just take advantage of today's energy and slip in a run after work tonight.

I know I've said it before, but I'm so glad I found this site and this thread.
                        AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

Hi it's me. Signing in to say goodbye.

I am resigning my posistion of 60 day tracker.

Tried figuring out how to PM Mick but it kept telling me I was not ON so posted here instead.

Satz, couldn't help you out with the AB but if anynone has a gun I'm interested.

Comment

Hi Pq......your last post seems pretty final...do you want to talk about it?Is it to do with the legal issues or something else?Noticed you were down last night,,but hey we all go through that...you have come a long way just to chuck it all up in the air.What ever it is, you have got yourself to look after and think of.More than happy to talk to you,but if you decide that it isnt for you,then I wish you all the best for the future...stay safe sane and sober.
                            Mick

:wannachat:
                            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

PORQUOI, oh no! What is going on? I hope you're still reading here to see all the concerned posts that are likely to follow. What's happened? Do you want to tell us about it? Did you drink and you're down? Can we help? PM one of us who you feel you can 'talk' to if posting here publicly is too hard - just, whatever you do, get some support somehow right now for whatever it is that is happening. Sweetie I hope you'll change your mind. We need you here as tracker and you need to be here. :l :h

Shue, suspect will miss you for awhile then re chat as I'm flying in and out again and then you're away but we will make it happen when you return You're so welcome re the links. You never know when something will resonate with someone so I figured it can't hurt to post things I find interesting. I personally have found reading a huge amount, both online and in books, has helped me hugely.

Speaking of which, do any of you know Kimberley/Beth and have seen her thread in General about her book? Anyway, her posts spoke to me so I ordered the book and she sent me the free PDF of her second book last night. I couldn't resist reading the first couple of chapters in bed last night and these really resonated with me, especially when she talks about holding on to the past - something I seriously need to work on as I really had a lightbulb moment reading it about how some stuff is keeping me stuck.

I also realized that currently I am isolating - something I would do at times when drinking too much - and feeling sorry for myself and down on myself (ditto). The isolating might be kind to my friends as I'm also just incredibly irritable and anxious right now. Could this be PAWS? Or just me? Or just adjusting emotionally? I don't know... In any case, I recognize that if I keep that up it's the road to drinking again so I'm going to try and give myself a boot up the arse to work on a few things.

Doggy and Life
                              , I'm really interested to hear your stories about AA. I have real reservations but I've been listening to AA podcasts and I can certainly see how - particularly with a good sponsor/group - it could be hugely helpful. I think my main problem is AA being presented as the *only*solution, which I simply don't buy. But keep the stories coming and one of these days maybe I'll get myself to a meeting!

ThreeDog
                              , thanks for the encouraging words, they helped. And I totally know what you mean about the 'wine cave' and also the associations with specific drinks - the romanticizing. French wine in France - HELLO - major romantic associations there I can fully imagine. But you're right - I only have to reread my own posts here and my journals to see where it ultimately really leads. I guess there is just a certain mourning for when those 'special' drinks still were enjoyable.

Not to mention, the tremendous power of all the advertising around us that has made alcohol synonymous with celebration, glamour and relaxing. Especially celebration. It's astonishing once you start noticing it. And people constantly perpetuate it. Anytime a celebratory event or just the notion of relaxing comes up how quickly are comments about a few drinks, or bubbly or a bottle of wine mentioned? The brainwashing is so entrenched no wonder it's hard to get past - it would be even if you WEREN'T an addict!

On the plus side, Day 46 today. Wow, how did that happen? Onwards to 60, right Mick?

Wishing you all a sane, sober, satisfying day!

Comment

Working...
                              X