AF day Friday 24th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF day Friday 24th

morning all.................back again.How are we all this fine day?start of another af weekend?hope the weather is better wherever you are than here..it is belting it down.
    Firstly a massive thanks to TDN...you did a great job over the last 2days..believe it or not, it is not quite as easy as you think to start posts off all the time, as anyone who has done it will tell you, so well done .one richly deseved latte for you.:goodjob:
    Coffee and tea on the go for everyone.Pretty tired, but weary tired if that makes sense, foot held out new shoes held out, so the world is a beautiful place.
    TDN, how are the headaches today?any easier?So the store hours are being cut are they?Is that because of everyone tightening their belts so to speak, and not spending as much?Wish someone would let my other half know :H

Morning Marshy..was going to say how are things down the smoke,but guess thats dated nowadays,can you send some sun up this way..swop you for some Lancashire rain! Hope your gf is getting better and you are getting some rest from the "domestics"

Good morning Lav..up early this morning with Matilda the pretend chicken are we?Have an early coffee.Well what have you got lined up for today..if you say nothing ,certainly wont believe you..there must be watching or looking after involved somewhere!Are you looking after housewreckers inc. today?

PQ..aka Mrs Whack a mole..how are you this fine day??day 9 today for you well done..Sound like the old pq..dont take the "old" the wrong way!!Much more positive..and yes learning to deal with the little snidey voice that says just the one etc..dont forget,he holds the key to going back down that snake again, so kick him into touch.

DG..good morning..up and ready for school?think my head would explode if I went through all that,though I should be good at remembering facts and figures in my head... there's nothing else in it!!

Morning Lifechange..coffee here with a lid on it..take it with you!Any success on the gardening front?

Kas good morning to you..up and around on bikes great.I havent been on a bike since I was a kid..promised myself that when I stopped drinking I would get one and I will..though not so sure about riding it ..need to learn again and the thought of in traffic doesnt appeal to me.Think we all go through what I would call the"comfy slipper syndrome" with our partners..its just then what we do with it, everyone is different and deal with it in different ways.As for fish ,toxicity waste etc..nah I will give that one a miss..best of luck on it to you

Turn again..good morning ,how are you today? that's a tidy sum of shekels you have saved since being af. Dont think we realise until we sit down and work it out..but you look back and think where did I get the money from.

Morning?Det nice to meet you..sure you will be fine to get out on Saturday

Mr G ..how are you today?how are things down there?have a great weekend

Lilly E..wow one long speech.How are you?Get that appointment booked..might as well do it now cos you know that you are going to hit the 60...be positive.As for going out..if you don't feel confident at the time don't go..dont give sneaky Sam a chance.Yep we are all 29 here...just some of us are an older 29 than others????

YAH..well done you ..day 19 today, you sound really upbeat for the weekend

Morning Cantoo ..coffee maam? get that smile on your face.. nearly 30 I know the feeling about it not being as big a deal as you thought..but take time to think about it..You will have gone 30 days without al,which was a problem that you hid,we all did so no one knew so no-one will share, apart from your friends here who have been through the mill too.Its not like your driving test when you pass you tell the whole world and its wife, or even quitting smoking..its as if al problems are a no no..and yet I would bet there are millions of people couldnt do 30 days without a drink and dont think there is an issue, so for us folks who have admitted that there is an issue it is a bloody big point to celebrate, so come celebrate with us.You have done a massive journey..go back to your first post and see how you have changed in both thought and word.

Right peeps, bunny feeding time so I am gone..have a great af weekend..big shout to all missing..stay safe,sane and sober.
    Mick
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

AF day Friday 24th

a big fat good morning to you, Mick! today i think i'll stay and have a coffee with you and the bunnies. i so appreciate you all who dare to start this thread each day! it's not an easy job, this i know and this is why i hang around all over the boards until i see that you're awake and brewing the coffee! thank you so much for being here! i say that to all of you wonderful abbers. i love this place!
    i've been kicking butt in the garden, if i don't say so myself. i used a little of the positive thinking strategy i've been learning here and stopped dreading the thought of the dead garden! it worked. go figure! i listened to some great ipod music, enjoyed the sunshine and the gorgeous view of berlin and got down and dirty with those weeds. did i tell you that i found 3 berry bushes that i hadn't planted? some feathered friend must have flown over and dropped the seeds at some point. clever little thing. yesterday i planted rucola, some winter radishes, flowers-- and i'm going to try some brusselssprouts and turnips. we'll see-- maybe nothing will come of it, but we'll definately be ready for spring.

Kaslo, what a great idea with the bike ride. it's definately a matter of changing routine, isn't it? really good for you for getting on it. like you said, your hubby probably is a bit bored and maybe even a bit depressed? i tend to think that when people spend so much time in front of the boob tube (like my bf) it's at least partially due to boredom and poss. depression.

Comment

AF day Friday 24th

Lilly, i read that thread over in general that you mentioned. damn that was good to read. don't want to go there again! i love the idea of a new do-- will you have color done? or just a cut? i so desperately need to have my hair done! i have so much gray coming in at the roots and have been coloring it for about a year-- i'm sick of it and it's so friggin' expensive to have it done. i wish they could weave in gray so that it could more naturally grow out.
      maybe it's possible. have you bought any other nice little treats with the 100 youre saving each week?
      Turn!! 8000,-- did you say you've saved 8000,-? amazing. do you have a plan as to what you want to spend that well saved money on? our AF girly cruise, perhaps? i suppose we could invite a couple of af guys-- Mick and Mr G and Det!

Lav, i hope you're having a great day--let me know if you ever stumble across or invent a really great vegetarian dish. that goes for all of you-- i'm in a bit of a rut, i feel, and would love some favorite recipes. hey, there's a recipe board here isn't there?

big hugs to ThreeDog, Cantoo--your rocking! i'm so proud of you. i clearly remember your first posts and your old name and you are doing so well. you're letting us all get to know the person you really are! thank you!-- and Porquoi! you're sounding so strong and determined! and hello to you, Shue and Mashy who i've just now met, and Yah.
      i know i'm forgetting someone. it's been so busy here lately, which is fantastic, isn't it?
      have a wonderful day,
      Life

Comment

AF day Friday 24th

Doggygirl! i also want to hear more about your first days back at school when you have a chance. so much homework! at what type of a school are you studying? it's funny but up until recently i'd never really thought much about (though of course i knew it existed) addiction counseling. where do you do the practical part of the program--interning? and where are you hoping to work when you're finished? i know, a lot of questions-- but i love that you're on this path...

Comment

AF day Friday 24th

Hi everyone!
          Will write more later but celebrating 6 AF months today !!!

Comment

AF day Friday 24th

ONE BIG CONGRATS to you, Sausage!!!!! So proud of you for reaching this ,milestone. Just be very careful--it is where I slipped, and seems a number of people slip after they reach milestones. But you've been through it before, so know you are stronger. Anyway, enjoy the day and maybe do something special.
            Day 15 here. Still feel a little "off" but mostly when I wake up.
            Mick, glad the toe held out for the hike! Hiking is one thing I was determined to do a number of years ago and never did! We have great trails here and maybe one day I'll do it. Lots of new things when you stay AF, right? Think you are fully retired, right? So much to do when work doesn't interfere! Our shop is just seasonal--I started in mid April, just stocking and setting up for a few weeks before we opened, and things don't really get started until June. We will be closing mid-October.
            Lost an entire post last night, but was saying that I don't know the Three Dog Night story by Jack Kerouac, although I was born in the same sity he was, and know his history. Read ON THE ROAD years ago, but don't remember too much of it. May be a good time to go back and read it now. Anyway, I chose the name because we have three dogs and they (well, at least two of them) sleep with us.
            Life, you sound so good!! I forget--I know you live in Germany, but what is your nationality?
            PQ, Lilly, Lav, Kas, Turn, DG, Det, GMan, YahYah and everyone else I always miss--have a great day! I need to get showered and dressed and ready for work. Big sidewalk sale today! And please--prayers for our Bud who is going to see the oncologist today. Hope it isn't all bad news, as Mr TDN will have a meltdown. By coincidence, a friend who jas been sober for 7 1/2 years and very supportie of me, has an appointmeny an hour after Bud, and Mr TDN will stay around to see her and her 12 yr old dog who may have cancer, too. She lives in Maine now and has a pretty long drie down.
            :lto all
            TDN
            "One day at a time."

Comment

AF day Friday 24th

Good morning Abbers,

Dragging my granny butt this morning but at least I'm alive :H
              My DIL resumes her classes next week so the childcare hours will increase. I just wish I could have gotten away somewhere for a few days this summer but oh well

Thanks for the coffee Mick & glad to hear you enjoyed yourself

Life, I have moved to a dairy-free, no red meat lifestyle out of necessity. I still eat a little chicken or turkey but most days I don't bother. There is a wealth of clean, healthy recipes out there in cyber world. My family has no idea what they are eating when they come here :H

Sausage, CONGRATS to you on your 6 AF months :yay:
              Let's gather for a party later today & I'll bring the vegan pizza

TDN, I always loved the end of the season sales at the NJ beach stores!
              Good time to load up on stuff for the kids - oh yeah!
              I hope Bud gets a good report today. Glad to see you piling on the AF days too.

OK, time to get going. Wishing everyone a terrific AF Friday!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF day Friday 24th

Aloha Friday ABeroooos!

feeling a tad more human here happy to say.

Thanks for the kickstart Mick

mega kudos to Sausage on a glorious 6months!

we had some pretty scary fires in the valley last night, here's a picture I took from the rooftop in very strong winds:

the smoke got so bad I couldn't breath so I escaped to the movies where it's air conditioned

Lav, your taking Amoryn right?

be well everyone
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF day Friday 24th

A terrific AF friday it has been. The site has noted that I have not posted for several weeks so I thought Id say Hi. Still the quiet one in the corner that reads other peoples posts but don't often have much to add. Thanks for all your wisdoms and inspirational words ongoing
                  I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

AF day Friday 24th

hola, fabbies,

So happy to see our little group moving onwards and upwards.

Lilly - AL or not, we all have down days, sometimes just down phases. Don't look back in anger or regret. You've learnt what you needed to learn from it. As they say in golf, the most important shot is the next one.

When I get back to work I'll take you on the challenge Lilly, I have a feeling I have more shoes than Mick has owls. When I started AFdom, Turn told me to save my wine pennies and reward myself with something nice. I gave some money to a friend in need but also got a mini collection of AF top notch heels going.

Mick, I have taken your advice and I have taken it down a gear, moving at a steady 1/2 speed. Mt golf is getting better and better thx to the crancky old Dutch pro, the hot Swede is intent on making my son the next Rory. My hubby is happy with the arrangements.

Life, so happy you chimed in, I was going to send the search party to Berlin. Your grammie is one hot chick!

Not drinking on hols is double hard. Triple hard. I got so well into my AF routines at home, I thought these 2 weeks off would be a breeze. Right! I barely made it AF last night. Hubby wanted wine last night. He poured himself ... and I am not kidding you ... maybe 70 ml of Sauv Blanc over a lot of ice, then proceeded to take dainty sips over the next 3.5 hours. It drove me effin' mental ... I took a long bubble bath and tried on 2 facemasks. When I got out he still had wine in his glass.

Tonight he's in the city ... went back for some business ... I took ALL alcohol from the fridge and stuffed it at the back of the pantry.

so, cup of lavander tea in hand I bid thee good night, I apologize for not replying to all your posts ... as Life said, my mind feels like a sieve. ( I am also quite illiterate in the ways of the iPad).

Big thank you to all of you out there, without you there's a large chance I'd be drinking by now.
                    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

AF day Friday 24th

BIG CONGRATULATIONS FOR SAUSAGE!

by now you've been told that you are smoking / sizzling ... you get it. Truly, you are an inspiration.

Det, that pic is really scary .... it is so close.
                      workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

AF day Friday 24th

I remember those fires out west Det. Went to visit my brother who was living in Idaho years ago I hope it all gets under control very soon!
                        Yes, I am the poster girl for Amoryn :H
                        The stuff has worked wonders for me & I have suggested it to others here. It's safe & definitely does not cause the shitty side effects I had on Lexapro Actually, it works better on me than Lexapro ever did, honestly.

Greetings Raven. Stop in more often, we are always here!

shue, YB and/or my son shows up with beer from time to time but I don't care. I was annoyed when he outright offered me one this summer. Once an A-hole, always an A-hole. I would be very much bothered if they were sitting around playing with a glass of wine though - that just seems downright mean.
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF day Friday 24th

Shue, hang on tight! maybe you can sneak away to chat later on? I'll keep an eye out for you.
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF day Friday 24th

thanks Lav, I'll give that a go after I've stabilized for a couple weeks (no sudden moves here)
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF day Friday 24th

Greetings fABBies near and not so far,

Congratulations Snags on 6 months! Keep it going friend.

All good here thanks Mick. Hope you are well there mate.

Life, i'm in re Turnip's AF cruise, but i must warn you. I can't do a thing with my hair at the moment.

30 day's AF here today (again). I'm a grateful fella, just quietly racking up the days one by one and getting the job done.

Wishing everyone a safe, sober, and magical weekend.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                              X