Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Days

Today, I was AF, and yesterday too.

(P.S. If someone has a better idea of how to do this, please say so, lol. I just can't think! Also, I wanted to change the title of this thread to the title of this post, but don't know how.)

"I like people too much or not at all."
    Sylvia Plath

AF Days

LibraryGirl;1370104 wrote: Today, I was AF, and yesterday too.

(P.S. If someone has a better idea of how to do this, please say so, lol. I just can't think! Also, I wanted to change the title of this thread to the title of this post, but don't know how.)
    Im pretty sure the permissions on this board have been set so that only moderators(the computer type) or admins can change the title.

Have you seen the drink tracker? Its a way to keep track of your drinking or lack thereof
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

AF Days

Nice - I like the title and the topic (with the invitation to make a statement and thus commit).

Today - I am AF (and going to bed soon)

Comment

AF Days

Today I am AF too. Trying to find something to cook for dinner...

Sylvia Plath

Comment

AF Days

Tonight I am AF, but we went out to lunch with friends and I had wine with lunch...I considered the "Oh well, day is shot, might as well "treat" myself some more," approach, but instead used a coupon & bought a pr. of black skinny ankle jeans for when cooler weather arrives. I must say that buying clothing feels like a pretty good treat!
          . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

AF Days

Hey LG,
            The title of your post is fine. What I have learned from hanging here for so long is the system doesn't allow you to change the title once it is posted. However, it is a very good subject. Love it when we start new threads. You go girl~

Eve11
            "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

AF Days

Today (well last night as it's after midnight) I was AF. Can't sleep now but know I'll still feel better in the a.m. with less sleep than too much to drink.

TMH
              The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

AF Days

AF today for me too!

Comment

AF Days

Today will be AF for me, too...tonight I will be playing a game with some buddies, so I have something non-alcohol-related to look forward to, as well.

BTW, the Calms Forte recommended here on this website helps me fall asleep sometimes, TMH - it is available OTC and does not make me feel odd in the morning. FF
                  . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

AF Days

Nice recommendation, FF. I will remember that. However, I can't remember to take my Amoryn. Buying supplements have been a waste of money for me, lol.

Going for another day AF today.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

AF Days

Modding today (2) and tomorrow (aiming for 2 and going out with a friend who doesn't drink so should be okay).

Comment

AF Days

AF today. 25 days has never seemed so far away. Like xmas when I was 7.

Comment

AF Days

Today I will be AF....in my dreams....but I've only had 3 and it's almost 11pm and will hit the hay early. :new:

For me that's pretty damn close, so I will extrapolate the curve and know in my heart there will be a time (in the not too distant future) when the line can cross zero.

Blessings!

-HD
                          Note to self: Stand and deliver! :bat

Comment

AF Days

Hi HD,

Welcome!

That is how I started, little by little, until one fine day, I actually got 24 AF hours in - maybe that convinced my alcohol-dependent brain I would not die? - and then one AF day led to another, with the realization.
                            " I can DO this". ...

Good luck! FF

Comment

AF Days

Getting Real,

Welcome!

Congrats on an AF day! With this annoying problem, even every AF hour counts as a GOOD thing.

Keep reading, I bet you already found the thread Tool Box in the Long Term Abstainers section, and treat yourself with decaf diet coke or lemonade etc.

good luck! FF

Comment

Working...
                              X