AF day Wednesday Aug 29th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all ...and how are we all today?Anyone near that hurricane Isaac?If so fingers(and everything else crossed for you.Wednesday already..this week seems to have shot by.Out in the garden yesterday,dug out the front flower beds sand replanted it all..just as well,rain is here again, surprise surprise
    Nope,havent reached the 60 days yet.I had to sit down and work it out...not been keeping that close an eye on it, but it is the big 60 on Saturday.
    Tea and coffee on the go now for anyone that needs it.just dropped a cup and spilt coffee all over the kitchen floor...just as well its tiles and not carpet.

Morning TDN..you ok? has your mood shifted on?hope so.Seem to have some strange laws re dui over there..does it vary from state to state?Keep smiling..at least it will make you feell better..at worst everyone will think youre nuts

Good morning Lilly E..purveyor of the purple pants prominently placed..how are you today?Not feeling grumpy today??ok then which one of the dwarves is it :H
    Seem to have ot over my mad need a drink phase..think that is something I will have to deal with throughout time which aint that big a deal.Its like smoking.My my calculations your 60 days is tomorrow...unlike your good self the hairdresser does not beckon me..just be throwing my money away.So you have different teas have you?just looked in our cupboard..here we go..Chinese Black, Chinese green,Hibiscus, peppermint, Kiwi fruit, green apple, Apple,Lemon Strawberry,Yorkshire,Lancashire!!..
    At a wedding on Sunday so no doubt I will see my fair share of alcohol fuelled beauts..volunteered to drive so thats an ace get out anyway

Morning Lav..and how are you today?Up early again I presume? Coffee for you? Black bean burgers mm sounds nice..will you be wearing your Kaftan too??

Hi ppq.. how are you ?thanks for your comment..appreciated.Glad the dog duties are over sounds like not half as glad as you are!!Anything planned for today,or take it as it comes.Pleased that you are happy.

YAH..morning .coffee? got over your dream? Strange how things come on isnt it?Same year for us ..56, though sometimes it feels like 1856!!That road trip with your sis sounds good...room for a little un?

AFM..good morning,never met but how are you?hope you get the job..fully agree its a worthwhile cause..after all we humans have a t least a bit of a say..animals dont!!Dont know what the thoughts are but best of in ditching them!!

Momof3..good morning and welcome think I remember seeing some of your posts.You really have done well so all credit to you.

Lifechange good morning ..enjoy your retreat...empty your mind? that would be a no brainer for me !!

Turn..how are you? thanks for the comments.MBH prefer to drink cream soda or Irn Bru rather than al..just the little shit in my head doesnt always agree!!

Cantoo..hiya and how are you today?onwards and upwards for you now my girl!!

thats me done folks..lot of names and faces missing..hope you are all ok..take care

Mick
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

A marvelous morning to you Mick mate. Nice bit of alliteration there re my purple undies.

I am not Grumpy today but I am Sneezy. Spring has sprung and with it the pollen and my allergies are going ballistic. Joy. But at least Grumpy has made his departure. I'd quite like to see the return of Mr Happy though. He seems to be in hiding. Perhaps on Saturday when I get my haircut followed by dinner, a movie, and a trip to the best gelato parlor in town.

Think of it as mother nature giving you a hand there Mick as haircut is going to cost me $120 big ones, which is criminal really. Hence why I only go a few times a year. And every time they say, "Would you like to make another appointment for six week's time?" and I think HA, as IF, who can afford THAT? (Well plenty of blond, bottomed, spray-tanned Sydney princesses I suppose but sadly not I.)

Anyhoo, yes, my 60 is tomorrow. WHOOWHOOWHOO. But I shall be waiting to congratulate you on Saturday. Or Friday here I think. What day is it there now? Here it is Wednesday evening. I guess you'd better order up those electronics.

BTW, did you say you had a smart phone? I found this app called "IQuitIt" that I've been using to track my days - it's just a simple day counter for anything you're quitting. When I quit smoking I found my quit smoking app really helpful so I thought I'd do the same with drinking. Makes it easy to keep track of at any rate. Saturday will be two full calendar months for me. Whoah.

I like the sound of your tea collection.

Enjoy your day! Glad the madness has passed

Comment

Good morning, Mick and Lilly!

Mick, good job on the java, as usual! Woke up at 5:00 and decided to just get up instead of lying in bed. Started the usual routine of falling asleep at 9:00, and actually closed my eyes for a bit. Wanted to watch the Republican convention speeches, especially Ann Romney. One speaker even referred to our town as the new White House summer home! It really is exciting to have this going on around us here. Anyway, finally fell asleep around 11:00. My feet were killing me. Haven't hurt all summer, but maybe I need to wear my sneakers with the $400 orthotics today.
      I'll be cheering you on tomorrow, Lilly, and you on Saturday, Mick!
      Lilly, $120 for a haircut?? Yup, that is the big city price I haven't paid in years!! I got a haircut for $10 last month, and then a color for $55, and have to say that the woman --who just opened a few months ago and is trying to build up a clientele--did a great job. It was basically just a trim, but I was pleased with both the cut and color. But for your celebration, you need to look fabulous, so go for it
      AFM, so happy to see you back! And hope you get the job! I love animals, but could never be a vet tech, as I am too emotional--that's what our vet told me, and she's right! But sounds like this would be the perfect job for you! Let us know.
      M3, happy to see you back, too! Wow--what an experience with the drink! I hope I get to that point. I had drinking thoughts again yesterday, and had to keep reminding myself of the horrors of drinking. So strange how they pop up, but I know that with time, they won't. Anyway, great to see you. Are you back teaching yoga?
      Life is at her meditation workshop. I cannot imagine ten days of not talking and eating one vegan meal a day! But I am sure that it will be cleansing, and can't wait until we hear about it!
      Lav, need to get mums myself and some of those ornamental cabbages and kale. Mr TDN goes nuts when I buy a lot of that, but with fall coming in, it helps to make things look nice.
      Turn, you are an inspiration, too!
      CanToo--you've passed the 30 days--CONGRATS! Too bad the rain interrupted your walk, but nice that you have these goals in mind. I am able to do my two mile walk every day this week, and going in the a.m. is nice. But I know that I need more than that. Used to beat the hck out of the young women in the classes I did for years, and need to get back. I am the same age as Lav, but yes, eternally 29!!!
      Oncologist office called last night, and said that Bud's chest Xray was clear. So happy for that, but Mr TDN is still sad that he coughs and seems not to want to open his mouth for pills. But I am trusting God on this. Same with the 15 year old Rusty.
      Okay--apologize for the typos. Wishing everyone a very happy AF day!
      Prayers for anyone affected by Hurricane Isaac. Hope New Orleans comes out okay, but the amount of rain predicted is incredible!
      TDN
      "One day at a time."

Comment

Good Morning, I am new to this thread, but not to MWO. I used to hang in the Chat room, but apparently that is no longer used. This thread was recommended by Det. I am happy to be here and have started another round of AF life. I am on day 9, and feel great. I am quite accustomed to trying this and can't seem to get passed 90 days AF. I am confident with my new approach, and the support of this site, that I will succeed with my goal. Everyone have a GREAT day, I am off to cook for the masses. Peas be with you. Chef
        Chef Robaire
        Nicotine Free: 02/02/2008
        Alcohol Free: 04/01/2014

"It's a Good Feeling to Know Somebody Loves You"....Poco

Comment

Hi, Chef!

:welcome: We can use a chef around here

Glad you've joined us here. Really wonderful group--Det is one, for sure!

TDN
          "One day at a time."

Comment

Good Morning All,

Lilly, as to your question about how long it took for my anxiety to go away. I struggled with anxiety and depression when I was drinking and the drinking made it much worse of course. Toward the end, my anxiety was so bad that I was not able to fuction without a drink. I was off of all anxiety and depression meds within 6 months of quitting. I really focused on good nutrition and exercise such as running, lifting weights, and yoga. They have all been very helpful and I am happy to say that my anxiety is what I would consider within the normal realm.

TDN, Yep. I'm still teaching yoga. I teach twice per month at the bootcamp I attend. I'm also teaching at a local studio and a local health club. The drinking thoughts do go away and when/if they pop up, they don't have much power; they are just passing thoughts.

Thanks for the "welcome back" Mick.

M3
            AF Since April 20, 2008
            4 Years!!!
            :lilheart:

Comment

Good morning Abbers & Happy Hump day!

Mick, 60 is going to look awfully good on you
              My piggy swissy will clean up that spilled coffee for you, she also cleans up all the
              rain puddles on the driveway & deck! I lost my kaftan somewhere along the way but I do have some really cool peace symbol earrings :H

Lilly I refused to dish out big bucks for a haircut. I purposely seek out the inexpensive walk-in places since I do get my hair cut every 6 weeks or sooner (it's short). 6o will be looking pretty darn good on you as well

TDN, glad to hear Bud's test results are good! Maybe Mr TDN should stop being such a worry wart??
              YB no longer gets a say about what I plant or don't plant around here. He never noticed/cared much anyway. I've been meaning to try these plants for years but just never got around to it before.

Greetings Chef!
              Can you whip up something dairy free for me? No red meat either for me these days. Finding new ways to eat has been a necessary but interesting challenge for me. Stick around with us & we'll see you past your next 90 day mark.

M3, getting rid of the anxiety/depression has been such a blessing for me as well. Nothing could ever make me want to go back in that hole again.

Greetings to Det & all who drop in today!
              I'm off to Curves, yay!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi All!

It's great that we have a barrista and now a chef too!

I'm glad that your moodiness has passed, Lilly. It sounds like your celebratory plan will be lovely! I will look into that smartphone app you are talking about. It sounds like it would be helpful.

Thanks for getting us going again, Mick. I'll be looking forward to your 60 day celebration!

You are thoughtful to think of New Orleans, though it sounds like you are getting an awful lot of rain, as well, though maybe not the wind! I lived in New Orleans in the early 80's, and it is still alive in my heart, so I have been keeping up with the storm there. There are some poor people stranded down near the mouth of the Mississippi after a levee was overtopped. Saying prayers for them.

I'm happy to hear that Mr. TDN is clear, TDN. Too bad he can't enjoy it, himself. All the best to him and Rusty. Meanwhile, take good care of yourself!

Welcome, Chef, and congrats on your 9 days! You can persevere, and we'll be happy to share your ups and downs.

Hi Momof 3. You must be in pretty good shape to be teaching yoga! You are an inspiration with 4 years AF. Looking forward to seeing more of you around here.

I hope you have a good session at Curves, Lavande.

Have a good day all! 25 days Af here. Sometimes, I feel so bored, and drinking iced tea and ginger ale is boring! I have to remember that I was bored when I was drinking too, but because of AL, I didn't care if I was bored. I know it just takes a while for me to get used to living AF, and this will pass shortly. So I'm feeling good.

Hugs,
                YahYah
                AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

I was offered the job! I start today!!! Dream come true. Also, when I went to the Hospital (human hospital) to decline the job they offered me yesterday, they asked if they could keep me on the casual-on call list. I said OK. So, in a month I managed to get 2 jobs. So excited!

After the owner offered me the job yesterday at the animal hospital, I literally got into my car and cried! I have NEVER felt such a wave of gratitude and emotions.

BUT, do you know what I wanted to do after the interview? Yes, you are right. I wanted to buy some alcohol. I was so out of my comfort zone and happy that I wanted to sabotage myself. I know that even though I have only drank once in the last year and 4 months. There is something really, really, really fucked about that. Pardon my french. But I didn't. I really need to figure out why I would want to blow a wonderful opportunity. That may be my saving grace in sobriety. Dealing with those feelings.

Anyway........... must shower and get on with it. I am excited and cannot wait!

Comment

ps. Lavande. I have a friend in Kelowna that is going through Cancer for the second time. She is only a year older than I. She will probably die from it. Colon cancer. I want to buy one of those hats from you that you were so gracious to send me!!! The chemo baseball hat that said Fuck Cancer on it. Can you PM me the price and your address again, please. I really want to do this for her, but am NOT willing to give mine up!!

Comment

Accountable for Me;1370375 wrote: I was offered the job! I start today!!! Dream come true. Also, when I went to the Hospital (human hospital) to decline the job they offered me yesterday, they asked if they could keep me on the casual-on call list. I said OK. So, in a month I managed to get 2 jobs. So excited!

After the owner offered me the job yesterday at the animal hospital, I literally got into my car and cried! I have NEVER felt such a wave of gratitude and emotions.

BUT, do you know what I wanted to do after the interview? Yes, you are right. I wanted to buy some alcohol. I was so out of my comfort zone and happy that I wanted to sabotage myself. I know that even though I have only drank once in the last year and 4 months. There is something really, really, really fucked about that. Pardon my french. But I didn't. I really need to figure out why I would want to blow a wonderful opportunity. That may be my saving grace in sobriety. Dealing with those feelings.

Anyway........... must shower and get on with it. I am excited and cannot wait!
                      Hi AFM:

I'm not so certain anymore that's it sabotage.... I think wanting to drink has more to do with our Emotional Extremes.

I brought this up awhile ago because I had Weird experience where I went from extreme anxiety in the morning , trying to get sponsors for my children's dance studio to elation in the afternoon because they handed me over 100.00 dollars to sponsor them!

Both instances made me want to drink so I posted here (forget where) about this emotional extremes being a trigger and lots and lots of people seemed to have had similar experiences.

Anyway, IMO it's just our way of figuring out how we stay AF which for me means trying to avoid those extremes...easier said than done of course! :H

Love and hugs,
                      :h:l

PS - CONDRAGULATIONS ON YOU NEW JOB(S) roud:
                      You reminded me that My sweet german Shepard, Luna needs a check up!
                      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Congrats AFM on the job! We'll look forward to hearing about your first day. Please pat yourself on the back for dealing with the drinking urge the way you did. We spent YEARS conditioning ourselves to drink in reaction to certain situations. All sorts of sensors were going off in your brain - and you were able to counter that with NEW, healthy training. You have some shiny, new neural pathways up thar now. You just made a big deposit in the AF brain bank! You ACTED - when you could've REACTED - that is huge!

Welcome Chef - what's for dinner? Congrats on your AF time....I was also one who couldn't seem to do more than 90 days. I think it was LillyE who said it well on another thread that we come here hoping to learn to control alcohol....but the truth is - for most of us - alcohol will always control us. Once I understood that and completely accepted that....I was free. That is not to say that the early days of detoxing and repair were easy, but it was worth having that death sentence commuted. And life is amazing on this side of things. I don't ever want to go back to the muck and darkness of my addicted world. I sure wish I would've listened earlier - but hey - I've got a lot of living to do now so I don't have time to wallow in regret.

TDN - you are getting stronger everyday....it's definitely a good thing to keep the horrors of drinking up front when random cravings strike. I found that it also helped me get past the cravings by really focusing on all the amazing things that being AF brings me. I guess it's like being in the garden and taking time to smell the roses while pulling the weeds?

Mick and LillyE - we have some celebrating to do! I am confused about our time differences - you're in OZ and Mick is in GB? You won't mind if we start the festivities a bit early, will you? Seriously....60 days is another remarkable milestone. What are your next short term goals - are you into a 90-day or a 100-day or a both days milestone? LillyE - you are doing a great thing by splurging on a great haircut. It's probably safe to bet that you would've far outspent that amount on booze in the last 60 days. You go for it girl. I've become quite fond of the mani-pedi thing, myself! Mick - what are you going to do for yourself? Can you buy a new owl? LOL

YAH! You are rocking this...you're another one coming up on a goal worth crowing about. Boredom was a trigger for me to drink back in the day. This time around tho I began 'investing' my drinking money into doing good things. Thanks to inspiration from AFM - part of my once wasted booze bucks goes to the SPCA each month and then there's the ME-money that I invest in working with a personal trainer AND accordion lessons. Boom Chuck. And the trainer...OMG....so NICE....to look at. And I've got some rocking new muscles to boot.

Mom3 - you've always been one of my inspirational role models here. I remember looking at your avatar and thinking I REALLY wanted what you have....health and freedom! I am deeply grateful to you. It will take a little more time for me to get as buff as you....but I am thrilled to report that my depression and anxiety are looooooong gone.

For me, healing the biochemcial damage took a combination time being AF, vigorous and consistent exercise, and daily supplements of GABA and L-Tyrosine. I still love that GABA - it's my happy powder! LAV - I am wondering if your happy pills - amoryn, is it? - have GABA as an ingredient.

Alcohol is a big turd in the chemical soup, for sure. Glad my soup is TURD free!
                        Sober for the Revolution!
                        AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Hi Turn,

My mood booster's main ingredients are Hyperforin, 5-HTP & Rhodiola
                          Ingredients | AMORYN | Natural Formula for Depression and Anxiety

My former booze bucks more than cover the cost & I get to spoil the grandkids too
                          Glad my soup is TURD free too :H

AFM, I will be in touch with you re the chemo cap
                          Sorry to hear about your friend though, that's sad.
                          CONGRATS on both job offers - great!
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi everyone and welcome ChefRobaire!
                            Just wanted to check in, looks like everyone's doing ok from what I read.
                            Congrats on the job(s) AFM. I also cried when I was offered my job. It was such a relief. Couldn't get the smile off my face for awhile.
                            Lots of people talking about exercise on this journey of recovery. I think I'm going to have to add that into one of my lists. Maybe start by just comitting to walk every day. Off and running again, have a great AF day all. PQ

Comment

Thanks for all the warm welcomes....and I am certainly glad there are no turds in my soup!!!
                              Chef Robaire
                              Nicotine Free: 02/02/2008
                              Alcohol Free: 04/01/2014

"It's a Good Feeling to Know Somebody Loves You"....Poco

Comment

Working...
                              X