Help..Advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help..Advise

[B]Hello everyone, I screwed up today.Snuck beer and got caught..Feeling very bad about myself. I don't know very depressed and sad...I feel like a big family disappointment. I feel so bad I am crying as I write this.I spent all my money on booze was suppose to last 2 weeks. I read the book my family not very supportive.My sister is going to the Doctors with me tommorrow. She's got a mouth to find out about topa. I feel so lost and like how can I go on like this. All I do is shake.My problem is I don't believe in AA.They allow me 6 beers a day.That's too much!...

Please advise,,,,
    Thanks JIM

Help..Advise

Hi Jim and it's a great first step to even post how you are feeling right now. Others will come after me to provide you with a lot of support as well.
    Give your family some time and remember that when we are drinking sometimes depression will get the best of us. Does your family offer any support at all? I'm glad that your sister is going with you to the Dr.
    Take Care and keep posting and writing.
    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Help..Advise

Just stay present and know that you are starting the process by going to the doctors. Your family will come around. It takes time for them to believe in us. Usually a bit longer than our own resolve. Most familys of alcholics have had a rogh time of it. Be patient with them, and do this for yourself. The rest will fall into place...and remember to forgive yourself
      Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Help..Advise

Jim....we are glad you are here. I too have disappointed my family with my drinking. Way too many times for them to trust me anymore. Or for me to trust myself. BUT - I have found much support on the site, many tools including topa, the book, the supps, the CDs that ARE helping me. I never thought I could go ONE DAY without alcohol - and it has been 22 for me now. There IS hope. Take your sister, go for help to your doctor, use the tools and this support. There is much hope and understanding here at MWO.

Welcome.
        sri

Comment

Working...
        X