AF day Friday 31st Aug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF day Friday 31st Aug

morning all..how are we?Start to another af weekend. Easily tell Autumn is on the way over here nice sunny morning with the sun high, and yet there is a touch of frost in the air..what you would call a nice fresh morning.Off to the birds today so we shall see what is on the cards there today.Anyone any plans for the weekend?Me,Saturday,not too sure ,Sunday going to a wedding,so wont be going out early Sunday morning.

Tea and coffee on the go...any special requests?

Morning Cantoo how are you today?Good I hope.Yes it is brilliant getting so close to the birds,though they all have their own temperament and likes and dislikes including people,and in some cases make that pretty obvious!!

Morning Lilly E..well how does it feel to be 60+.......................days that is before I get a slap!!Apart from a couple of times would agree with you, the last 30 were easier,and I agree,need to watch complacency doesnt creep in.So tomorrow..happy haircut day for you??well deserved :l

Morning chef..how are you this morning then?be careful..may be picking your brains along the road for tips!!

Morning TDN,how are you?Did you get out for that boat ride and dinner with your friends?and did that guy turn up reference the work? how did you get on?Chef can probably explain it better,but slow food is food that is good to eat,good for your health and good for the environment, so I guess his farm to table motto encompasses all of that.Am I right chef?So how did the rep. speeches go??
    Watched some more of the para olympics last night..brilliant

Morning pq................get that other p on there.......positive!Yep patience is a virtue..love to say I have got it...I have for the first 10 minutes..after that, nope.Keep smiling pq you are doing well, dont be shooting those little ducks yet!

Morning Lav..bright and early I presume..take it kestrel pic wouldn't set your world on fire then??Any plans for today?2nd brew time..you want one too?

Morning YAH..holiday mode coming on I detect..how are you today?Anything planned for the weekend?

Sunflower good morning to you..how are you?apologies not required..........we are all here for each other.What you up to today? anything special?Keep cool

Turn..how are you?love the av did you take the pic?anything happening up your way?Seems to be pretty quiet all round at the moment. says he before the storm erupts!!!!

Quick, quiet post so I will go get ready......wherever you are have a great weekend..and remember when the little drinking voice in your head tries to entice you...just say "no"..or any other way that you wish to put it
    Take care all

Mick
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

AF day Friday 31st Aug

Morning Mick et al,
    Up early this morning to get work over with so I can start a well deserved long weekend. No major plans, probably hang at the beach or poolside, and definitely get a long walk in on the beach tonight with the Blue Moon. Long walks on the beach are an immense help with urges, as is the treadmill, weights and excersice ball. FYI, Slow Food is the opposite of Fast Food, you have to wait for it to grow. You can check out the website, Welcome! : Slow Food USA to find out more. There is also an international one. Always have been a firm believer in supporting our local farmers, as they work very hard to provide nourishment to our tables. Enjoy the day y'all... Chef
    Chef Robaire
    Nicotine Free: 02/02/2008
    Alcohol Free: 04/01/2014

"It's a Good Feeling to Know Somebody Loves You"....Poco

Comment

AF day Friday 31st Aug

Good morning, Mick and Chef!

Had a great boat ride--lake was a bit choppy, but we stayed in a calmer part and then just drifted as we had some marinated shrimp and some little tidbits and Vitamin Water. Our friends are not big drinkers, althought the guys had a beer--yes, just one--once we were back home. Yes, Mick, a feeling of fall is in the air, and the boaters were few and far between. Usually there are many boats on this biggest lake in the state. Anyway, we had a nice slow food dinner--grilled chicken, a tomato, zucchini, summer squash and onion casserole and salad. However, the pistacchio pudding dessert my friend brought was not healthy, but I didn't eat too much of it I tried to watch the speeches--Clint Eastwood spoke--but was so tired that I fell asleep. Anyway, another nice AF day!
      Was reading on another thread about a member who was threatening suicide the other day. Finally resurfaced, but it was really disturbing. But the outpouring of support was touching.
      Have to work the next four days, but not real long days--just five hours each day. Hoping we'll be busy for the Labor Day weekend--can't believe it is here and as usual, asking where the summer went!
      Had a good phone conversation with the guy I am going to be doing the per diem work for, and will start this on Tuesday. Still need to have a good look at the products, but I will basically be doing a fact gathering project. Will be good to have something to work on as the shop hours are shorter.
      Mr TDN takes Bud to see our holistic vet today. It is over an hour drive, and hoping the Labor Day traffic isn't too horrible.
      Need to go back and read the posts from yesterday again.
      Wishing everyone a great AF day!
      TDN
      "One day at a time."

Comment

AF day Friday 31st Aug

Good morning Abbers!

The coffee is great Mick, thanks

No sign of Fall around here - the temp is heading up to 93 degrees this afternoon!
        It's going to be a hot & humid holiday weekend, that's for sure.

TDN, Clint Eastwood looked & sounded like an escapee from a nursing home last night - geez :H
        His humor was rather tasteless IMHO.

I just want to mention that there are a lot of seriously depressed people out in the world & some of them are MWO members. Coming to this website & declaring suicidal intentions is disturbing in that 'we' as a community are helpless in that situation. They are making a call out for help, which in itself is a good thing but we can't & shouldn't take all that on personally :l

Wishing everyone a terrific & productive AF day!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF day Friday 31st Aug

Good Morning Mick, ChefR, TDN....and all to come.
          Mick I have to go out and find that other "P". Seems to be alluding me today. Feeling a little down in the dumps this morning. I think it all has to do with the "Lawyer Shit" going on right now.
          TDN I too followed Ann's thread yesterday. I'm glad she posted her thoughts and so, so glad she signed on again. I can really relate to her pain. Maybe that's part of the missing "Positive P" this morning.
          ChefR
          Good Morning to you. You definately have the "Positive P" working for you. Glad you jumped in and joined this thread. Checked out the website link. Thanks.
          Lave
          just saw your post, Good Morning. I agree that we are helpless in this situation but it certainly made me do a lot of thinking...I think the beauty of MWO is to be able to say whatever is on our mind, knowing the community will chime in with great advice, suggestions, or validating your thoughts as they've had them too.
          Well, off to do a headstand to turn this "frown...upside down". Will be monitoring the site all day as I think I need to stay close today. I am very grateful that you are all here. Try (as I'm going to) to have a great AF Friday. PQ

Comment

AF day Friday 31st Aug

Good morning everyone and Happy Friday!!!! Thanks for the coffee Mick...it rocks...as usual!!!!!

Day 40 for me today.....Woot! I am finding that the last few nights I have been having a really hard time staying asleep...perhaps it is the onset of the blue moon and not at all related to AL....who knows! for the last few days I have also had strong cravings for smoking. I quit 6/30/10 and have not even had a thought about smoking for almost 2 years. It was better yesterday....but I was totally like WTF?????!!!!!!!! I have never been AF for this long so I am not sure if this is a normal part of the "tour" along my AF journey.

Hi Chef....I was born and raised on Long Island but moved to NC almost 5 years ago. Needless to say I miss the ocean and beaches like crazy! I do manage to get to the coast of NC a few times a year and will be going there in a few weeks. I am looking forward to relaxing on the ocean with my dogs..soaking up the sun....eating seafood and spending time with the new sober "me".

Ok..so I went riding this weekend before it got too friggin HOT and had a blast. I went on some different trails and managed to get some great pics on my cell phone which I would love to share with you but I have NO idea how to get them in a post. If someone could help me....no pressure Mick...ha!....I would be forever grateful! LOL
            AB Club Member
            AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

AF day Friday 31st Aug

Dest: Congrats on 40 days and I was born in Massapequa Park on Long Island. Beaches are good for the soul....it's unbelievable...I'm by the Southern Outer Banks....Fisherman's Paradise..so they say...haven't been out yet...too many pots on the stove as they say...be well...and I'll change my alcohol addiction for the ocean/beach anyday!!
              Chef Robaire

Comment

AF day Friday 31st Aug

Dont know what time it is wherever you are but...:wd::wd::happy:CONGRATULATIONS...WELL DONE ON 40 :l
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

AF day Friday 31st Aug

Congratulations, Destiniey, on your 40 days!

Sheesh! I grew up on Long Island too! Stony Brook, to be exact. My sis and BIL own a beach house in Corolla, NC. It is one of my favorite places to be!

Isn't life strange?

Still AF, YAY!
                  AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

AF day Friday 31st Aug

YAH....Corolla is cool...congrats on 27 days YIPPEE
                    Chef Robaire

Comment

AF day Friday 31st Aug

well I hurt myself again (in the immortal words of the man in black). just can't seem to get my head out of my ass. shameful and disgraceful as it is. when I drink I also smoke (and inhale) cigars so that's another sin I'm battling. it 'trixies us' as smead from LOTR would say. not fun. if anyone is conssidering modding, please consider the worst case scenario. regret, pain and poisoning.
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF day Friday 31st Aug

Shake it off bro, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and get back in the saddle...shit happens!
                        Chef Robaire

Comment

AF day Friday 31st Aug

Oh Deter....sending you (((((hugs)))) and a winch. I'll head to the chat cave to look for you tonight. Let's work on this together?
                          Sober for the Revolution!
                          AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

AF day Friday 31st Aug

ok, I'll look for you on chat tonight. xxxooo
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF day Friday 31st Aug

Sending hugs, Deter! Also, a loving slap upside of the head! Keep trying, kiddo.

Chef, Corolla is way cool! One of my favorite places......
                              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X