af day Sept 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Sept 1

Well good morning all..how are we this was going to say fine but its raining!! day??Seems to be a wee bit of being down on the forum at the moment....could it be related to an incident on an other part of the site? coupled with seasonal change?who knows?Anyway whatever it is..here is a big bag of determination..jump in and help yourself.
    Coffee and various teas on offer here now so cmon in.
    Before we start..big 60 for me today..yesss!!!!I would like to just say a massive thank you to all of you for your support..and also a few special people who know who they are.Dont care what anyone says or thinks... this is the place to be to do it.

Lilly E............thank you for your kind words :l You get better really quick and get that hairdo you promised yourself..you deserve it.Shall we go for 90 together?Here is a coffeee in bed for you.

morning chef..how are you today?what culinary delights are on the way for today??Must be great livivng on a beach wow..dreamsville!!!

Dest..day 41 now for you well done keep it up!!love to see those pics..are they on the phone or saved to an SD ?card in the phone?If its an SD card just put it into the reader slot on yuor computer and copy them..if not, then go on the internet, and try and find website for your phone..should tell you how to download...Failing that try sending the pics from your phone to your -email address and do it that way on the computer..not that clever at it but anyone else any ideas so we can see the piccies?

Morning YAH...you ok??anything going on this weekend??

Det..hi mate..chef sums it..shit happens..find out what went wrong and plan for if it happens again..you only fail when you give up trying.As for your latin motto...add "quod thy infirmitas" to the end..that will help

Turn ..how are you?? anything happening your way?Time for another cuppa..want one??

Cantoo..chin up..we all get downers...drinking or not..though suspect when we get a bit down now we all say its because I am not drinking.. right??Youll be fine..remember the wee man with the white flag you kicked into touch.hey that was some time ago now..so lets see a big smile

TDN...good morning to you... sounds like you had a good time on the boat and that food sound s mmm. Glad you got that work issue sorted so well done you.Picking up bits on the news about the speeches...be interesting to see how they will provide 12 million jobs in the current world climate though!!

Morning Lav..how are you today? coffee maam?Wow your interpretation of Clint Estwood is a long way from "cmon punk...make my day"!! or "Scrap the caddy Clyde"! oh well spose we all get older!What are your plans today ? up and about with your gang already?

Morning pq.. coffee for you?? found that missing "p" yet? you will keep looking...its there!

Right peeps thats me going now...once again thanks for your support but I guess thats why we signed up..to help each other
    Take care have a great af day
    Mick
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

af day Sept 1

Morning Mick and all to follow

Thought I'd better post as its been a few days. Today 1st September is 4 years since I first joined MWO. 4 years since my daughter started school. If I'd stuck with it then I'd have 4 AF years under my belt. I don't but I do now have over 6 months.

Have a great AF day / weekend and I'll be back later.

Sausage x
    Day 191 AF

Comment

af day Sept 1

Hi Mick & Sausage.
      Made a decision last weekend at a wedding and drank. It was an informed risk but I'm happy to say I see al now in a different way and what even small amounts does to the body and spirit. Has taken me a week to clear it out properly & feel back where I was but I'm there now. 7 days clocked up again but not really counting now. I've decided I just don't like al any more.
      Mick you are in the lead now:H

Comment

af day Sept 1

Morning All,
        Cooking light this weekend, trying not to put any weight on that I've lost...which is typical on Holiday weekends, tilting the scales a bit heavier on the end of the holiday isn't fun. Had a rough go last eve, almost went to the beverage store 3 or 4 times....but I didn't! Living in a tourist community, and seeing all the people partying was a definite trigger. Still having some issues with the 5 o'clock bell too..seems I have the worst urges right around that time. I am happy August is behind me, and look forward to an AF September with the support of all you fantastic folks....carpe diem... Chef
        Chef Robaire
        Nicotine Free: 02/02/2008
        Alcohol Free: 04/01/2014

"It's a Good Feeling to Know Somebody Loves You"....Poco

Comment

af day Sept 1

Mick....CONGRATS ON SIXTY!!!!!!!!
          Chef Robaire
          Nicotine Free: 02/02/2008
          Alcohol Free: 04/01/2014

"It's a Good Feeling to Know Somebody Loves You"....Poco

Comment

af day Sept 1

Good morning, Mick, Sausage and Satz!

Happy September, everyone!
            MICK--:thumbs:Congrats on the 60 days! So very happy for you and so proud of the way you have done it! You motivate us every day to start off with a smile and a positive attitude. I really look forward to your motivating message --and coffee, of course--when I wake up and head to the forum. I hope you have something wonderful planned to celebrate! Maybe Chef R will have a nice cake for you--is there such a thing as a slow food cake???
            Sausage, you are very busy, but you have acquired a lot of AF time. Keep it up
            Satz, you're back--that is what is important. You know, the word "decision" is so true. I used to think that I just slipped--couldn't avoid it. No, it is a conscious decision we make, IMO, and I've done it many times. You have seen days now, and you know you can do it. Stay here with us.
            Det--read your post from last night. I know how easy it is for a slip to lead to a relapse. As others are asking--can you pinpoint what lead to it? And the smoking thing--ugh. I used to be a light smoker, but gave it up over ten years ago and have never been able to tolerate the smell of smoke since then. But I did most of my smoking when I drank--they do seem to go hand in hand. I just hope you'll find your way back. Like Satz, me and so many others--you've done it and know the drill. Maybe we can all help you. What time do people go into chat? I'd like to try that. Anyway,:lto you! You, too, have helped me a lot with all the interesting posts.
            Oh, Lilly--I am SO sorry that you are sick:upset: Was so hoping to read about the hairdo!! Sounds like the flu. Maybe with the spring coming there, the change of seasons is bringing out germs? I hope you get plenty of rest, and don't push it. Stay in bed, drink lots of fluids and don't try to lead a workshop tomorrow!! Do you take vitamins? Maybe you can up the C. Send an update when you feel up to it. You are yet another positive force on this thread! You have helped me more than I can say.
            YahYah, you are sounding more and more positive each day!
            PPQ--you can get the "P" back!
            CanToo-how are you doing today?
            Destiniey--great on the 41 days! Will soon be 60!
            Sunflower--stay strong and keep posting!
            Turn, Lav, and everyone I know I'm forgetting--always look forward to your wise words, too!
            Where are Shue, Kas, Greenie, Sunni? Pap3 has been posting on August group, and she sure could use a little encouragement. Nothing but bad luck these days!
            Was up early, as two dogs had me sandwiched in and I could barely move and decided it was better to just get out of bed and start the day! Bud had a pretty good visit with the holistic vet and has more Chinese herbs to add. Am now looking into acupuncture for old Rusty. Should have started that six months ago. Now calling Dirty harry El Diablo, so as not to confuse him with Clint Eastwood:H
            Walking this a.m. as usual, then working at noon, but only until 4:00. No plans for the evening, just reading my book and checking back in here and maybe a movie on Netflix.
            Have a great AF day, everybody!
            "One day at a time."

Comment

af day Sept 1

Cross post, Chef!
              You did great resisting the Al last night!:goodjob:
              Have a great weekend!
              "One day at a time."

Comment

af day Sept 1

I'm in

I almost never post, but this caught my eye, as an opportunity to own up to y'all make my azz accountable.
                Here's to watching an entire (US) football season with CLARITY.
                It's high time I dissociate watching my favorite team, the Michigan Wolverines, with booze in my hand, unable to discern any nuance of the games by halftime.

Tall order tonite against the mighty Crimson Tide. Go Blue, and I want to see the whole thing (win or lose) and remember it.

Being accountable here will help me to do that.

Comment

af day Sept 1

Congrats to Mick on 60 days! Yippee!

Booze free....welcome! You made me laugh....used to be from Cleveland.....drinking certainly did not cheer us up with all the losses.....it only blurred out reality.

Lilly darn on the new haircut!

TDN....you sound great!

I live in a tourist town as well....most of the drinkers are the tourists-I notice that for most part the locals don't drink that much. I think for the most part people tend to let their hair down on vacation....then go back to normal life when they get home. For me, I wanted to party all the time!

Comment

af day Sept 1

Good morning Abbers!

What was it greenie said every first of the month?? JACKRABBIT!

CONGRATS MICK!
                    60 is looking good on you

Forgive my interpretation yesterday on Clint Eastwood's performance/appearance at the RNC.
                    I just really observed a pathetic, doddering old man who obviously was not the best choice to represent & spark new life in the Republican party :H

Det, are you doing something to get the anxiety/depression under control?
                    I would have continued drinking & smoking forever if I hadn't kicked the mental & emotional stuff to the curb first. Hang in there & know we are thinking of you & your garlic breath

Lilly, hope you fel better very soon! Yuck, I hate colds & flu stuff. I feel so fortunate to have not been bothered with that stuff the past few years. I think the healthy lifestyle really helps boost your immunity!

satz, I was wondering where you wandered to, sorry to hear that you had to test the waters one last time. It's never really good over ther, is it? I'm happy you have seen the light (so to speak) & decided tohop back on the AF wagon!

Greetings sausage, Chef, TDN, SF & everyone!
                    Hello & welcome to BFF - glad you decided to join us. No more drunken football - yay!

I haven't made any special plans for this holiday weekend but something always develops in Lav-land when hugry kids & grandkids suddenly appear.
                    Wishing everyone a great AF Saturday!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Sept 1

Good morning, fabbies!

Congratulations on your 60 days, Mick. You have worked hard to accomplish this and deserve to feel really terrific about yourself! I am also very appreciative of your starting the thread almost every morning. It is an inspiration, so thank you. I know you are ready to tackle 90 days, so keep up the good work!

Lilly, I hope you feel better really soon, both so you can get your great haircut and also because it sucks to feel under the weather! Rest up and take care of yourself!

Sausage, you are doing terrific. I understand the disappointment of not having the four years under your belt, but I do think that some of us need to have a relapse to really get it. I'm glad you have a good attitude about getting back to ABS and just working it! Six months is nothing to sniff at.

For those of you who don't know me so well, I had 2 1/2 years of sobriety from 6/12/2007 to 12/12/2009. I relapsed a year to the day after we had buried my mother. She was so happy that I had stopped drinking. I drank off and on for 2 1/2 years until re-committing to ABS almost a month ago. I had had some sober time, but I wasn't really serious about making a commitment to sobriety. What a difference the commitment has made!

Satz, if you made a decision to drink and didn't like it--more power to you!

Good work on not drinking, Chef, and I'll keep you company on trying to watch what we put in our mouths this weekend. I imagine that it isn't easy to lose weight when you're a chef! Hang tough!

I hope you have a great, day, TDN, and get those doggies back into shape! You sleep sandwiched between dogs, and I sleep sandwiched between cats. Huh! Thanks for the positive words.

Truly, I think I am sounding better because I have been here on ABS and can read and share. It does make such a positive difference!

BFF, good to meet you. I wish you all the best watching your game AF. It will be better, I know!

Good morning, Sunflower! Have a good day.

You too, Lavande. How bad can life be when you have chickens? LOL I imagine your weekend will turn out busy, even if you have nothing planned.

I am going to be spending some time getting ready for vacation. I bought a few new blouses yesterday, so I'll have some new outfits. Fun! First I have to make a list so I don't forget anything! I will finally get my butt back to ballroom dancing tonight. I just haven't felt up to it recently, but I will get a little nap this afternoon, so no excuses.

Tuesday will be 30 days for me. I am excited about that!

Anyway, hugs for all and all to come.

YahYah
                      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af day Sept 1

CONGRATULATIONS to you, Mick, on 60 days of living la VIDA AF!! This is another special milestone on the path of perpetual freedom....I am grateful we can be travelling companions.

I really appreciate your cheerful and chatty posts each day. You are a gem and a darn nice fellow!
                        Sober for the Revolution!
                        AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

af day Sept 1

thanks everyone, I really appreciate the love and support. I think it's simply a matter of me not managing my stress very well. sounds simple, but the details get complex for sure. nonetheless I've got some work to do.
                          Incidentally I really liked Clint Eastwoods speech. yes he's old and crusty (fraid we're all headed that way) but he's taking a bold stab at the elitist progressive network that has had it's fingers around our throat for way too long now. America is waking up, I do believe.
                          well hey, it's been 10 minutes since I last barfed....progress eh?

arg.

be well evryone
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

af day Sept 1

Ah Det - feel better soon

Hi Turn, YahYah & anyone else I've missed.
                            Fairly quiet around here today, hot, humid & just not very pleasant outside, oh well. Soon the seasons will change!
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Sept 1

Ok, I'm getting worried about SHUE. Where are you my friend? By my reckoning we haven't heard from her in a week. Did I miss any posts?

SHUE - Are you ok? Drop a line to let us know how you're doing, ok? Hope it's all going alright and you did make it through your holiday AF, but either way, we're here.

TDN: thank you for your lovely words re my posts helping you - that really touches me and means so much to hear. :l

Re the talk of the Republican convention: I, for one, desperately hope Obama gets a second term and, as a voting US citizen (dual citizenship), will be doing my small part to see he does. I hate to sound like I'm saying people should have to censor themselves, but let's just be mindful of the fact that we may have some radically different political views represented here, ok? I would not denigrate the Republicans here, despite my personal views on Romney and Co, for fear of offending, but equally if there starts being Obama/Democrat bashing going on I will find it upsetting. Enough said.

Chef, look forward to talking food more with you when my brain has returned. As a journo it's one of the topics I write about the most. Are you familiar with Lucky Peach mag by chance?

Ok, back to bed with me. mostly just wanted to check in re SHUE.

Lilly x*

Comment

Working...
                              X