Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simply Sober September

Good morning everyone, happy September

I've been up for nearly two hours, drinking coffee & waiting for someone else to start this thread but what the heck? :H

I have no idea what I am doing yet today. The weather is not looking real great so I guess I'll play outside until the rain gets here.

Wishing everyone a safe & sober Labor day weekend
    Lav

PS: How are you today papmom?:l
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Simply Sober September

Happy September to you, too, Lav--and everybody else!
    Hard to believe that August is over! We've had the most wondeful weather. Rained last night, but supposed to be perfect weather today. No big threat of rian until Tuesday. Sorry it's hitting you now, Lav. Had a nice walk earlier and don't have to be at work until noon, and done at 4:00. No big plans, as I work through Monday, but who knows if a last minute thing could come up?!
    Pap3, I hope you are feeling a little bit better today. How was dinner with dad last night? Wondering where the demo is today. I do miss doing them.
    Will be back to read all the posts a bit later.
    TDN
    "One day at a time."

Comment

Simply Sober September

Thanks for starting us off lav!
      I'm doing a bit better today. Not so sad. My friend at work had her baby yesterday at 6:01-3 weeks early-she just posted on FB. Another friend posted pics of her before and after a long bootcamp journey at a martial arts center. She looks fab and fit.

I'm trying to focus on others today and be grateful for what I have: one frog, 2 butterflys, my boyz, my kitties, my nephew moving into BU today, my other nephew moving into UMass Amherst tomorrow, a sail with my dad on Monday, extra demo hours this month = xtra $$. Of course the fact that I can pay my mortgage for another month as well.

Have a great day everyone! Off to work.
      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Simply Sober September

Happy September 1 to all...

Hey, Lav, looks like we are going to miss most of the rain from Hurricane Issac. I don't care as long as it cools down a bit. Thanks so much for starting the new month. I have been having horrible hot flashes, continuously, I hope they go away soon. Sometimes I will have months with none. Like you, this has been going on for years. Oh, well, other than that, we are tough and pretty healthy!!

Pap, I think Rusty's suggestion was interesting, about asking a third party their thoughts. Sometimes it is helpful. In another situtation, I was telling someone about something I was going to do, and they pointed out that it would not be helpful, and proceeded to explain the reasons why. They were right, I was wrong, but because I was IN IT, I was unable to be objective. I also have a feeling that you are really good at what you are currently doing...they may not want to lose your work in that position. Hope you get a three day weekend to catch up and then relax.

Rusty, how cool that you were asked to model some clothing, what a compliment. The AF life really does make a difference is how we look, besides how we feel and deal with our lives.

Chill, wow, teenagers, have fun. Remember, keep calm and don't react. I have worked with teens in the past and love them, but they can be really difficult too. Love their clothes, talk, and energy. They are so messy, love to stay up all night, and think they know everything when often they know nothing. Its tough to be a teen in the US, wonder how it is for them in your country. It will be fun to hear how it goes.

Well, I am finally, officially done moving stuff from my Dad's house and feel exhausted; emotionally and physically. I have been dreading the last two weekends for months and feel so grateful the job is done. Of course it was 90 degrees outside and we were all hotter than he##. However, it is done. A reminder to all of us, make it a habit to clean and purge our belongings on a regular basis. Saving tens of thousands of books, pictures, knicknacks, decorations, etc., makes it a pain in the neck to clean up. I am going to make it a regular practice to not buy more, donate books I have not read in the last year, clothing I do not wear, shoes I no longer wear but keep, and keep my posessions to a minimum.

Have a great day today.
        Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Simply Sober September

Xpost TDN! I'm in Stow today at PetSource.
          Got into the car and realized I was an hour early LOL!!! Gave the pups their kongs and everything!
          Oh well. I'll work on my budget now.
          Thanks all for propping me up last nite. I really was feeling very hopeless.

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Simply Sober September

Good Evening Simply Sober Friends,

Did anyone see the Blue Moon last night? I missed it, damn it!

Star, you must be so relieved that the job of moving your Dad's stuff is finally done. I have no doubt it caused you enormous angst. You are SO right about the fact that we need to keep throwing things out. Keeping possessions at a minimum....I agree with you.

Papmom-I hope your demo went well today. I was thinking on the way to my mom's today that maybe you are destined for a major career change, outside academia, and something less political and more rewarding. You really are technologically savvy, and I think IT would be a great fit for you. You're always so helpful, and the way you explain how to navigate webpages, links, etc., here....you say it in such a kind way, not condescending (like a lot of IT people I know). IT jobs probably pay more, too. You have a passion for dogs, too, so I thought, why not get into sales for a dog food company, or a company that has many product lines, like Purina? As long as it doesn't take you too far from your pups....I bet you would be great in sales.:l I'm glad you are going for a sail with your dad. You deserve some happiness. Hey, mom and I are watching the news and they have closed Cape Cod beaches because of sharks! EEK! Please be safe on your sailing adventure.

I've had a busy and fun day with my mom, watching the Notre Dame v. Navy game. They played in Dublin, and the Irish sportscaster was hysterically funny. I took my mom out to lunch then went over to my sister's house for awhile. She and her husband got a SoftTub, which is a jacuzzi/spa, but it's padded and soft vinyl, not hard. I soaked in the tub for a while, and when I got out of there I felt amazingly relaxed, breathing in the relief of a simply sober first day of September.

Hi to TDN and Mick! Mick, stick with us. Now Guitarista is not the only guy on this thread.

Lav-I hope you got to spend time just by yourself and your animals today.

To everyone I didn't name....I hope you're enjoying a lovely AF Saturday.

Comment

Simply Sober September

Good evening everyone!

LBH, I see you posted on the August thread today......but that's OK
              Glad you are enjoying your brand new toy!

TDN, hope you sell out of T shirts this weekend & end the summer season with style
              Still waiting on the rain here but the weather station in my head says it's on the way!

papmom, glad to hear things are looking better today
              Thank goodness those dark days come & go....we learn a little something each time we stay strong!

Star, when this hot, humid, summery weather finally goes the hot flashes will naturally decrease too. Even with the AC on somehow we still react to the heat. At the end of each day I kind of mentally go over what I can do to make tomorrow a bit better. This 'change' has been a seriously long & annoying journey
              The stress of moving things from your Dad's house probably hasn't helped your situation either. Stress can really turn up the heat!!! I'm with you on the cleaning & purging thoughts - I don't wnat my kids to have to go through all that like I did with my parents.

Rusty, the sharks on the Cape Cod beaches must be wearing fur coats. I remember not being able to put my foot into the cold water up there one year in July!!!! :H
              Glad you got to enjoy the day with your Mom.

Just me here with the animals today then YB walks in looking for dinner. He got a sandwich :H
              I am going to try to get some food on the grill tomorrow so I hope the rain comes & goes.

Have a nice night everyone!
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Simply Sober September

Good morning friends and a very happy simply sober Sunday to you all

Papmom - I know the thought of changing careers is terrifying especially if you don't think it will match your current salary but maybe take a look at what's out there. You come across as such a friendly helpful compassionate soul and I agree with Rusty that these qualities are so desired by many employers, if you can get a face to face with some of them you are more than half way there.

Rusty - I'm with you on breathing in that wonderful 1st sober day of September! May we always appreciate the gifts of sobriety.

My "kids" weekend was easier than I'd thought. One thing about this age group is they are constantly changing their plans. The 19 yr old daughter didn't show as she had boyfriend plans instead and the 12 year old only stayed one night instead of two, he was easy and we played cards all evening which I loved. I see a difference between the country kids and townies. My nephews are way more advanced for their years but here the countryside make them less street wise and a 12 year old is still a kid which is nice to see.

It's turned cold here but dry and we had a long walk in the fields next to the house. We saw a baby deer and it's mom bounding across the wheat, boy can they jump! Loving the country! Tomorrow all my furniture arrives here, 1st time I will have seen my belongings since April and I can't wait although dreading finding a place for it all. I guess that's next weeks project
                "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                NF - May 1996

Comment

Simply Sober September

Happy Simply Sober September everyone!

Hi Chilli, good to hear things seem to be cruising along nicely.

How are you going Pappy?

Good to see you here Mick. Watch out for that Rusty woman. She has been described as 'incorrigible', but i gotta say, i don't even know what that word means. :H

Hope everybody's having a pearler of a weekend. :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Simply Sober September

Good Morning Everyone,
                    Have a GREAT AF Sunday, let's make the day count! Chef..
                    Chef Robaire
                    Nicotine Free: 02/02/2008
                    Alcohol Free: 04/01/2014

"It's a Good Feeling to Know Somebody Loves You"....Poco

Comment

Simply Sober September

Good Morning Sober Friends!

Thank you everyone for your wonderful words of wisdom and support. It is terrifying for sure to think of making such a drastic change and reinventing myself at this age when I should be cruising towards retirement. Of course, I keep reminding myself that for me it is a choice-for some people it is not. I haven't been laid off or fired (yet) and it is always better to be looking for a new job when you are securely in a present one than when you are unemployed (or so the research says-I have some disagreement on that).

My strengths are working with people to solve problems, sales and computer/IT knowledge. One would think I am in the perfect environment to use all 3. One would think. the one person I could ask to be objective is no longer in contact with me. I think her life is all consuming right now caring for her ill husband. I have reached out many times since she retired and was getting replies but they stopped a few weeks ago. She needs to be in her own little world right now and I totally understand. Maybe I need to look into hiring a job coach or life coach. Frightening.

Glad to see Mr. G here. Any movement on the music front? new CDs possibly for christmas?

Chill-so glad your weekend turned out better than expected. your environment sounds so lovely!!

Rusty-good luck on the new certification! I hope it is mega times easier with this field than last.

Lav-YB is lucky he just got a sandwich :H There is always the haircut!! Hope you have a great cookout. I think our rain might be coming in today even tho they didn't forecast it until Tues. My sailing date might be washed overboard.

Star-I remember how difficult it was to go through my mom's things once she passed. Oh the stuff she kept over the years!! My dad on the other hand is the antithesis of a pack rack (in response to his mom who was what we now call a hoarder I think although I didn't think her house was so bad) and for that I'm grateful. I need to be more like him.

A shorter demo today thank god. See you all tonite.

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Simply Sober September

Good morning kids!

No a hint of sunshine here but that's OK, it's a bit cooler at least!

chill, glad your weekend went well for you!
                        I am so used to dealing with kids of all ages but they all have one thing in common ~ their self-centered egos :H It's not a bad thing, you just need to learn to step back a bit & let them be themselves but be prepared to jump in & save them if you see them heading for disaster :H
                        I hope your things arrive safely tomorrow.

Greetings G & Chef!
                        G, please let Chef know that whatever we say & do here it is always with :h in our hearts

papmom, a coach sounds like a great idea!
                        The thought of someone not personally involved helping you forge a new path sounds very cool

I hope the rain holds off long enough for me to grill something for the family today. We can spend the rest of the day inside, I don't mind

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Sunday!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Simply Sober September

Good morning to all...

Greetings Chef, and welcome.

Chill, how lovely for you to be able to take walks in the country whenever the weather permits. Even better to be getting your possessions back into your life and to be able to settle them in a home. I knew you would be fine with the kids, they are fun and bring a great energy into a home.

Papmom, good you are feeling better about things.

Lav, have fun today. You are right about the hot flashes. However, I think I have food allergies too and need to figure it out. I am swollen, eyes and fingers, from too much salt, probably. I am so sick and tired of physical ailments. How did you discover what foods you were allergic to, doctors or elimination of food?

Rusty, LBH, and all, have a relaxing day. We have no plans, finally, and I intend to take it easy and do a little shopping for my husband. It is raining here, as expected, so no pressure to be out and doing things. It is a relief. I am looking forward to fall.
                          Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Simply Sober September

Lavande;1372584 wrote:

G, please let Chef know that whatever we say & do here it is always with :h in our hearts
                            I think Chef can feel the love Lav.

Good to see you here Chef. G.

Hiya Stargazer!

Pappy, music coming.....

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Simply Sober September

Indeed G....thanks for the faith in the brotherhood
                              Chef Robaire
                              Nicotine Free: 02/02/2008
                              Alcohol Free: 04/01/2014

"It's a Good Feeling to Know Somebody Loves You"....Poco

Comment

Working...
                              X