Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you remember???

MEMORY

"One reason I don?t drink is that I want to know when I am having a good time."
    Nancy Astor

This is from an old post of mine when I tended to think up a subject each week to stimulate everyone's thinking about their mod plan.

Have you ever woke up and couldn't remember what you said or did the night before? One day my son tried fool me about something and said "Don't you remember...I told you I was going to..."

Aw...what wonderful changes with my memory since I've gotten on the moderating well bandwagon. I didn't have to worry and think..."Oh, my gosh, did he tell me when I was drinking last night and I don't remember?" Thankfully those days are gone.

How about you? Any stories to share?
    :l
    Eve11
    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Do you remember???

I am so happy not to wake up in the morning and pretend I remember the second half of the movie or what silly outing I agreed to. Tonight I will eat Mexican food, go to a movie, pay the babysitter and remember every moment! Happy Saturday.

Comment

Do you remember???

My DH would take great pleasure in telling me what I did the night before etc, nothing too outrageous but he loved embarrassing me and making fun. At first I would be like "what? I didn't do that did I?" and a few moments later it would come back to me, lol, he just loved to see me cringe

Comment

Do you remember???

drinkingal;1373422 wrote: My DH would take great pleasure in telling me what I did the night before etc, nothing too outrageous but he loved embarrassing me and making fun. At first I would be like "what? I didn't do that did I?" and a few moments later it would come back to me, lol, he just loved to see me cringe
        I'm sorry but i had to comment on that... That sounds absolutely disgusting, degrading. What is he , 14 years old?

Getting angry at our drunken behavior is one thing. Laughing sadistically at us is quite another...

I'm sorry thats not a DH to me; That's an asshole. Unless I missed something, ...

On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
        *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Do you remember???

Nah it's all good kradle, he wasn't nasty about it, he just liked ribbing me and making me squirm, I just used to tell him to sod off

I think it was just his way of saying "you overdid it girl" without attacking or getting angry about it. I can handle the ribbing, but I wouldn't appreciate it if he started yelling or scolding me about my drinking (which he has never done).

Comment

Do you remember???

Okay...

On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
            *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Do you remember???

Kradle & Drinkinggal,

I think there's another way one could look at this (although it wasn't your case DH). Those who love alcoholics and problem drinkers probably have a lot of anger at times. I remember my husband asked me once, "How would you feel if I got too drunk like that at a party?" To confess, I kind of stumbled to the car and had slurred my words. He was embarrassed and very bothered. That's when I joined this site 5 years ago because I never wanted to behave that way again.

To clarify, someone "ribbing" someone and watching them "squirm" probably isn't too happy with that person's drinking behavior and is trying to tell them in a passive way that they are not real pleased. Just my opinion. My DH just happens to be a little more outspoken. But Drinkinggal, good thing you are here too so hopefully those days of squirming will come to an end.
              Eve11
              "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Do you remember???

"To clarify, someone "ribbing" someone and watching them "squirm" probably isn't too happy with that person's drinking behavior and is trying to tell them in a passive way that they are not real pleased. "

you're right eve, I think it was just his way of bringing it up in his own way without being confrontational (which would have just made me defensive). As embarrassed as it made me feel, it did let me know how I had behaved and made me think about it. If he didn't bring it up at all, I wouldn't have remembered half of it. No one likes to think they made an @ss of themselves while drunk, but I think we need to hear it and ask ourselves is this really how I want to behave.

Comment

Do you remember???

Just had to chime in...one of my personal gratitude items almost every night is, that now I remember the night before...

For many, many years, it was a joke in our house...tell Mom what you need/want, but be SURE to write it on a post-it note and stick it on her bathroom mirror, so she sees it in the morning!

Kept those post-it folks in business...cold shiver of shame memories, now...thank goodness that is in the past.

Good luck to us all, as we take good care of our brains now! FF
                  . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Working...
                  X