Smashed- Koren Zailckas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smashed- Koren Zailckas

Just finished reading this. It is her story of being drunk from about 14 until 22. She is still pretty young.
    It was interesting for me to read aobut how things are now compared to when I was that age. It has certainly gotten worse.
    Anyone else read this?

Lisa

Smashed- Koren Zailckas

Smashed

I am reading this right now.. I am wondering if she makes it through college...Excellent read..it scares me for my own children whom are at college age....They both say they hate alcohol, no doubt with me as a poster child....I am not abusive... I am just nada.....and I hide out in my room a lot (isolate)

Comment

Smashed- Koren Zailckas

i hide out a lot too.do i think i am fooling myself?

Comment

Smashed- Koren Zailckas

Hi Cecil...:welcome:

Hope to hear from you more.
        Lisa

Comment

Smashed- Koren Zailckas

I finished Smashed and felt like I could relate to many of her thoughts and reflections throughout the book. I am in my 30's and have sibs from 30 down to 21. I can say that although we had relatively strict parents I agree with her opinion that our society considers binge drinking a right of passage. I think if she hadn't gotten to the point that she did toward the end of the book (don't want to ruin it for those of you who haven't read it.....) she might be here . In college and the immediate years after, I had a similar drinking pattern in the blacking out and finding myself friends with people I 'd have little to do with without the partying. My 30's haven't changed too much except that I'm done rationaizing my behavior.
          Bottom line is that it's a great read.

Comment

Smashed- Koren Zailckas

It's a great book. It was so depressing at parts that I couldn't believe that I continue to drink. She is an excellent writer, and although she's young, I think we could all relate to parts of her story.

Comment

Working...
            X