Monday, March 5th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday, March 5th

Hi Everybody! Well, it's a new day for me. Even though I decided last night to have a little Champagne at a Design Celebration party for my new webstore, I still feel very strong in my moderation. Now, it is time to get the rest of my physical conditioning back in order. Today, I'm starting back on the Perricone Diet regimen and my weight loss program. While I have made great strides in my drinking in the four-and-a-half months I've been here, my eating habits have deteriorated and my weight has suffered. In the last year, I have gained over 20 lbs.! It's time to get back into shape.

Today, I'm going to eat right, exercise, and have some "me time".

Wishing everyone a terrific day!

Love,
    MM
    Saving the day one minute at a time!

Monday, March 5th

Hi Mighty Mouse, sounds like you are doing very well and are building a good strong platform to move forwards in so many ways.

Busy, busy weekend for me - Saturday, sale of stuff from the loft, made some money and cleared out loads of rubbish, then out for the evening, shared a bottle of red with one other guest, didn't need any before going out or when I got home - a big improvement.

Sunday - how much did it rain ?? saw a house we may buy, had family photo's taken then another family meal out, 2 glasses of wine for me with the meal. Like a "normal" person. Again, no craving for working out how to get more than anyone else like before !

Tonight it's Weightwatchers weigh in, so far I've lost 16lbs since October, following the programme, cutting right down on the wine and walking lots. I feel SO much better for it, and you're right, you need to make sure you get "you" time.

catch up with everyone tomorrow
    take care
    xxxx

Comment

Monday, March 5th

Wow, Pebbles, it sounds like you are doing so well also!!! You are a real inspiration to me. Thank you for sharing. I'm going back to the dieting now. Its great to hear your success story. I signed up today to participate in the weigh in here on the forum (every Tuesday). I did well on weight watchers a couple of years ago -- they do have a great program. I even have the electronic calculator. Its great. I try to couple it with Perricone's diet, which is geared towards anti-aging and geriatric health. Hope I can stick to it now that I feel I have the alcohol under control. We'll see.

Thanks again for sharing,
      MM

Comment

Monday, March 5th

south beach

Please try this diet! it's amazing.

Best thing is to change food choice throughout your life and to cut out junk food for good.

weight watchers works but involves counting calories 'points' all the time....

south beach is good for alcohol issues too because you develop normal blood sugar levels.

would never go back to a high-carb lifestyle, that's for sure.

good luck

Comment

Monday, March 5th

Hi Nancy. I do like some of the South Beach selections. It is very close to the Perricone Diet. I have one of their recipe books and use it alot. The only thing that I delete from it are the breads. I stay away from any breads, white rice, potatoes. Otherwise, I love the South Beach diet. Its great! If you like that diet you should look at the Perricone Prescription Diet. Its very similar and great also! I agree about Weight Watchers. It is a great diet for losing weight because the point system works. But it does not focus too much (at least my Chapter didn't) on health. If you wanted to eat ice cream all day, as long as you didn't exceed your points you could. I understand that it varies between Chapters, and I used the points with independent research on nuitrition, so it also worked for me. But my greatest success in long-term health has been Perricone, which overlaps in many areas with South Beach.

Thanks for sharing!!!

Monica

Comment

Monday, March 5th

Hi Monica..go girl you can do it... I have lost a few pounds and it feels good, my skin is better too and I feel I now oooze confidence instead of being guilt ridden about boozing.

i would like to moderate but not ready to give it a go...on day 35 AF..it feels good.

Off on holiday for Easter and dont want to get into the usual habit of out every night fro a meal ...which is fine...but slosh it down with wine. would be interesting to see if I can still enjoy the holiday without the wine...we shall see.

hubby and a friend on board with this AF stuff...and that really helps being accountable,

i read alan carrs book yesterday about quitting alcohol...makes depressing news that basically all "normal drinkers " are living in some sort of illusory state and are really kidding themselves ...he thinks "normal drinking" just means people havent woken up to the fact that they are addicted(Well i think thats what he meant... I scanned the book whilst i was in the bath...and got fed up as I suppose It was sayong "why do you want to moderate ..when in reality you need to quit the poison!!!!"Maybe i am not ready to listen to that as yet.

well i,ll plod on ..This is Day 35..off to church now for some Divine Intervention...for me i need every strategy going to make some life changes.

good Luck

Cassy

Comment

Working...
            X