hi there i need some help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new to this .started drinking heavy about 20 years ago.got worse and worse.got drunk every night for 14 years.then gave up with the help of aa for 4 years.
    convinced myself a 2 years back that i could drink sensibly.but ive just got worse and worse.getting plasterd every night again.
    this is my first day back off it and i feel like death,sweating shaking.off to an aa meeting tomorrow going to give it my best shot again.feel so disapointed with myself.when i look back i relise how good those dry years were,and i want it back.

Welcome, Bluebird! You've come to the right place! Please know that you are not alone....You've done sober years before; you can do it again! There are lots of wonderful, experienced people here who are eager to help you through this.... (((( )))))

Comment

Hi Bluebird:

There is hope here.

There are several things here at MWO that are quite a bit different than what you may have experienced at AA.

A lot of us in the long-term sober section talk about what you have gone through.

First thing to do is get a copy of the MWO book, and read about the method. Also, there is a ton of info in the research section going quite a ways back.

We go by way of a holistic, all-emcompassing approach here. Many things are involved, such as nutritional supplements, hypnosis audios, exercise, and even prescription medications. The way is to get as much information as you can by reading as much as you can here, and then put together those things you feel will work, and keep you sober for the long haul. Some of us share our own discoveries on getting and staying sober for the long haul.

Myself, I drank for 35 years in terrible binges. I'm now 14 months sober, and one of the things I constantly work on, and try to learn more each day on, is how not to relapse. I will not let it go, because I am terrified to the core of going back to where I was. I am struggling through the deep psychological therapy on myself, along with rebuilding my body.

I know that there is no way, I could ever become a "light" or "normal" social drinker... ever. It is one of those things I hammer into my skull every day.

Anyway, welcome on in here, and check the place out. We are here for you, and will try to help you get back to where you were at.

Be well.

Neil

Comment

Along with following the program outlined here at MYO, I recommend logging on every day and reading, reading, and reading. People here have so much insight to offer. Everyone has empathy because they have been there and done that. Reading about everyone's experiences helps to keep things in perspective and provides you with tools and inspiration to figure out how to get a handle on and hopefully conquer the beast that alcohol is. I've just recently come back to MYO, and I am grateful that his place exisits.

Good luck.

Julie

Comment

Hello bluebird.
          Nothing to add except my best wishes.

Comment

Hello BB, I echo what the others have already said. I would however watch your withdrawals... you might need some professional help from a doctor so you can safely detox. After a long time of heavy drinking and coming off suddenly, it could be very dangerous - even life threatening.

Glad you have found us! Stick around here. Read a lot and post your heart out. There will always be someone here to help you through!

Comment

thank u all

some great advice from everyone already.
              just woke up after my first day of for ages,spoke to my aa sponsor last nite for the first time in years last nite.expected a row from her,but all i had was great words of wisdom.
              very shakey and sweaty this morning,but got an aa meeting to look forward to tonight,had loads of cuddles from my children and wife last night.:l
              just having a cup of tea,beats a can of larger for brekfast.
              one day at a time,heres to day 2.

Comment

Hi bluebird,

Glad you made it through day 1, thats fantastic... Now you are already on day 2 and you have that AA meeting tonight to keep you focused..

Please do keep on coming on here, this is something we can't really fight alone, but the support, help and encouragement to be found here is second to none.. For instance, you may say to a friend or work colleague, I didn't drink last night, they will look at you and say, " So, big deal, you didn't drink last night, so what.." They just don't realise what that one night without a drink means to you, what a victory it was for you, well we do here, because we have all been there, we have all looked for those few words of encouragement and found them in plenty here at MWO...

So even if you don't have anything to post you can always come on here and read as much as you can, find out as much as you can, because knowledge is power...

I wish you well, Louise....
                A F F L..
                Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Working...
                X