Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Everyone and Thank you

:new: Hi everyone at MWO!

You don?t know me yet but I feel I know many of you. And the first thing I must say is;

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!

In the space of just over two weeks you have helped me transform my life.

Yep! I?ve been hangin? about here for a while now not quite prepared to join in (though I did ?run in? to a fellow Aussie, Rags, when I inadvertently stumbled into a chat room and decided to jump into the middle of what was probably a private conversation! She has been wonderful and helpful and kind and supportive ? thanks Rags! I told you I?d get back when the time was right .)

It?s two weeks and four days on the program for me and while I was going to wait until I?d made it till week three I really can?t wait any longer to tell you what you all already know;

THIS WORKS!!

In a way I feel rather guilty that I haven?t been sharing all my initial fears, worries and problems about starting the program with you ? but there haven?t been any. This has been too, too easy. Have I missed something? Is there some nasty beastie lurking around the corner waiting to burst my euphoric bubble? I refuse to believe it.

Since starting the full program (Book. CDs. topa, supps.) two weeks and four days ago I have felt excited, inspired and full of confidence that I will beat this thing. OK, so I didn?t stop drinking from day 1 but I did reduce my drinking from a bottle of wine every night to a small glass of wine each night during that first week. I?m now down to half a glass of wine on some nights but sparkling mineral water has been the beverage of choice for the past three nights ? so, three days AF!! My ultimate goal is to drink moderately and socially, which I hope I can do since I have never been a binge drinker. But if that proves to be unattainable ?abstinence it is! (I can?t believe that I?m saying that!)

I am truly astounded at how easy it has been so far. Many aspects of the program are quite enjoyable. I love the CDs and find myself going to bed earlier to get my hypnotic ?fix? (one addiction for another huh?) then sleeping so soundly. One tip for other newcomers: make sure you go to the loo before playing sleep tape ? that stream overlay certainly makes me want to wee!!

No real side effects from the medication yet, no crankiness (my daughter actually told me that I was in a great mood the other day!!) though I have started to lose some weight. That is always good but I can?t afford to lose too much (she says with a smirk.) Am terrified about those hair loss stories though and inspect my hair brush anxiously each day ? so far so good.

Well there you are! The story of the past two weeks of my life (as exciting as it is to me) would make pretty dull reading to somebody who hasn?t faced the same battles. But I hope that it gives little bit of hope to somebody else browsing this site wondering whether the program might offer them some hope. Just as I did when I looked at all the posts and the success stories that went before me.

I just want to say to that person, whoever you are, wherever you are from - dive in!! You won?t be sorry.

Great to hear! I am on day four of MWO and day 2 AF. I will be receiving all the supps, books, etc tomorrow. What level topa are you on? Glad you shared. It really helped me today!

namaste
    Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Well that sure was an uplifting post. Thanks for posting it redrobin. Hope to hear more from you. I, too, just started the CDs and find myself looking forward to listening to them at night. Welcome!!!
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Hi there,goodjob:

Glad it helped!! Sounds like you are doing really well and aren't you sensible to dive straight into the community - rather than holding back like I did. Still not quite sure why I did, I think it had something to do with wanting to prove something to my self first. Hmmm. Bit of a control freak think I suspect.

I'm on 75ml of topa (1 tab x25 in the morning and 2 tab x 25 in the afternoon.) I was 'naughty' and got them offshore and have had no apparent side effects - perhaps I'm always a bit dopey. If they are not the real thing and its a placebo effect, what the heck -its working.

Goood luck with the program and nice to chat.

Better run and do some work now,

RR x

Comment

Hello redrobin,
          That was good to hear.
          Welcome!

Comment

Redrobin, what a great post.

I have had the same experience and want to fly about the country with a banner trailing from an airplane... this will do instead. I'm doing the full programme, exactly the same as you. Topa ordered online. I'm now on 50 mg. I'm also taking the nootropic adrafinil (which btw makes me feel FAB). I am on day 8 AF. easy peasy lemon squeezy, no cravings whatsoever. This is after 1-2 bottles of red wine a day plus sneaky shots of spirits.

Like you, I'm waiting for the bubble to burst. I may struggle when I try to do mods after 30days of this (actually may do longer as I am so loving being AF), but I know that the guys here will be here for me if and when and I fall.

So, anybody reading this, it's true what redrobin says, jump right in. It works.

kate

Comment

Glad to popped in to say hi Red Robin and congrats! Glad its working for you and welcome - officially!!!
              sri

Comment

RR...Great job and welcome!

Hope to hear more soon
                Control the Mind

Comment

Thanks everyone for your warm welcome! It's REALLY great to be here (you know how great.)

Kate, coincidentally I decided only last night, whilst sipping my sparkling mineral water for the fourth night, that I would aim for 30 days AF! Just like that, just out of the blue! Would neverhave occured to me to even contemplate such a thing before but now I have my diary all marked up and I'm quite excited. Just imagine!

I'm sitting at the desk giggling like a schol kid. Back to work .....

RR

Comment

RR Good luck on 30 days what a great goal. I wish you the very best and and am so glad that you found your way here.
                    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Working...
                    X