Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A New and Different Dream!

Hi everyone:

I wrote a few months ago, or so about having those dreams, where I would be drinking and smoking again. Then I would wake up in a fit of anger, fear, and self-loathing. Even though it was a dream, I felt like a real turd.

The last one I had like that, I was really enjoying a tall glass of beer, and a cigarette. In the dream, I had been at it for hours, and was getting stupid and goofy. It really got me when I woke up, because I was really getting into it, like I used to.

So, now, on to the new dream. I had it this past Saturday night I think. I was at an airport in this dream, and was with a group of people. They were all pressuring me to go to a bar, and to get trashed with them. I said, "I'm afraid not, don't do that anymore!"

They kept after me, calling me names, and the usual crap line, "Ah, one ain't gonna hurt you!"

Then in the dream I raised my voice quite loud at them and yelled, "LISTEN FOLKS...I AM DONE WITH THAT SHIT! I'm not going to repeat myself! You can go on ahead, but count me out."

So, then I woke up, and went "Gosh! That never happened before." Something has clicked in my brain, subconsciously or something. I have never, ever, in my entire life had a dream where I absolutely refused to drink and smoke or whatever.

Very, very strange. Maybe I really am getting somewhere here.

BE WELL.

Neil

Neil, that is amazing and encouraging. I wonder if that is all the work that you do with hypnosis, etc. Whatever it is I am thrilled for you. I think that's something we all aspire to.

Hilary
    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Neil, I agree with Hilary. That is truly amazing and encouraging! The sharing of your experiences gives us all great hope. Thank you for that!

Comment

Hi Neil,
        Yes that is fantastic, sounds as if your soberiety is becoming so firmly embedded into your brain now that it is just a part of you and quite a natural thing and the drinking side of you is now the unatural part, talk about tipping the scales....

I am now in my 6th month of soberiety and so far have had two drinking dreams... Both very similiar, sitting in my favourite chair at home, bottle of wine on the side table, glass of wine in my hand, I remember I could even taste how good that wine was... The dream was so vivid, when I woke up the next morning I had that horrible feeling of panic and fear in the pit of my stomach, I actually thought I had been drinking the night before, it took me a minute or two to realise it was a dream, oh the feeling of relief and thankfullness, I can't tell you....

Mind you, that feeling of relief is just another tool in my armoury of tools to use whenever the craving for a drink surfaces, because if I sit still for a few minutes I can still summon up how I felt after realising it was just a dream and that helps kill the craving stone cold dead..

Can't wait till I start dreaming about not having a drink though...

Love, louise xx
        A F F L..
        Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Neil....Wake Up!,,,,go to sleep...Wake up....go to sleep...

heard that in a movie once.
          Control the Mind

Comment

Hi ya Neil,
            Hey Louise, congrats on heading into the 6th month...I'm just a coule of weeks behind you:goodjob:
            It must have been a night for dreams, I had one too.
            I was dreaming I was out with friends but we were on the computer wherever we were and I logged on to MWO and started filling out the drink tracker with green for mod's for the entire month.I walked away but stopped to go back saying "What am I doing?That all needs to be yellow..I'm AF..
            Looks like the same subconsious thought pattern has taken over here too.
            I hope all the LTA's are doing great.
            Have a wonderful day everyone.
            Victoria xxooxx

Comment

What cool dreams. I'm only 66 days but haven't had a drinking dream yet - I really want one like Neils' if I have one. I'll keep doing the hypno tapes and who knows -Thanks to all for the great posts!

Comment

Working...
              X