October Pinksters New and Old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 30 days of movement thread is almost at 30 days and I want it to continue as I have just latched on after being a goof-off earlier in the month.

Last year there was a group of women who motivated each other to either abstain or moderate (whichever was the goal) and to move on a daily basis, eat well and get healthy. For some reason pariticipation in this group was a huge motivator for me and I achieved my best success with this group.

We called ourselves the Pinksters as between us we had a pink kayak, a pink bike, someone had pink running shoes. It was all in fun but the name stuck in my mind.

My intention is that I am on the third day of my final quit. I have been rebounding and just beginning to eat well again.

Would anyone like to join me ??

Would anyone like to commit to making the month of October a month of successful movement, healthy living and goal attainment?

If so, please join in and then we can ride the energy the folks on the "30 Days of Movement" thread have been vibrating with their enthusiasm.

Today i am painting all day and because my rebounder is at home and I am at the lake house, I will dance to my rebounding playlist. Dancing is my second favourite form of exercise. Bouncing is my first.

Having oatmeal and pumpernickel toast for brekkie and will eat kale with dinner. That's all i can promise today.
    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    ? Lao-Tzu

Ill join you triple retire if thats ok x I got the MWO book this morning and I'm reading and planning as we speak.

I too need the support from a like minded group of peeps whom I can support in return.

Feel free to pm me if you need anything xxx
    Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Sorry tipplerette my predictive texting screwed with your name lol xxx bloody iPhone !!!
      Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Triple-Retire, that should be my new name. hey Quest, welcome and I hope you are a little wiser and successful at the beginning of your journey than I was. Don't waste over three years 'getting it' if you can help it. I guess we get it when we get it.

OK, so let's get healthy!
        Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hey, Tip, I would love to join you! I was part of a Focus on Fitness thread, and did my best during that time too as far as AF days (am a modder). I need to lose approx 5#.

Yesterday I played 18 holes of golf and walked a brisk 2 miles to get 15.6K steps in for the day.

Here's to a healthy October!

TMH
          The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Let's not count the two turkey dinners that I will be preparing and eating next week. It's Canadian Thanksgiving and my birthday so hopefully I will be eating birthday cake (or there'll be Hell to pay ;-)

October 1st is tomorrow and we are on a Pinkster Roll.
            Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

ToMyHealth;1384941 wrote: Hey, Tip, I would love to join you! I was part of a Focus on Fitness thread, and did my best during that time too as far as AF days (am a modder). I need to lose approx 5#.

Yesterday I played 18 holes of golf and walked a brisk 2 miles to get 15.6K steps in for the day.

Here's to a healthy October!

TMH
              My hat goes out to you for golfing. I am an uncoordinated left handed midget with absolutely no depth perception and I had to golf a few years back a few times for my job. They guys in my foursome got so fed up with me when I couldn't connect with the ball that they would yell "Just pick it up and throw it". Don't miss golf. You need to have some atheletic ability. Enjoy being outdoors and welcome.
              Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

I would love to join you all. I will hit the 30 day marker this week and could use some motivation to get through the next 30. Plus it's time to stop the sugar intake and lose a few pounds before the holidays. Count me in!
                :notes:
                we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Hop on board. We will rock this October. Congratulations on your Day 30! when I reach day 30 I am going to do a backwards flip and I'm 56 years old !! My bones will be a rattlin' !!
                  Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

1st day of week, 1st day of month - bring it on! Yest I went for a 2 mile walk and lifted hand weights. Am happy to report I lost 1# over the weekend. Now to keep the scale going in same direction - down.

Tips - am a fairly new golfer (4 yrs), was steadily improving until late this summer. We have a rough that when you get in it it's tough to get out, esp for women. Anyway, my handicap has now gone up 4 pts. GGGrrr. Well, yet another thing to work on. Did you get some bouncing in over weekend?

Nurdl - Wow! 30 days is fantastic! Are you feeling tons better? I have not made the 30 days, seems everytime I start I get to 2 weeks and then all bets are off. Admire you.

TMH

Comment

My bike's purple & silver. Does that count

Count me in - I'd like to take motivation from both threads and all the lovely peeps in them
                      You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

The Pinksters is a great thread for motivating people to get into exercise and stick to it; it has the added advantage of creating that feel-good factor which definitely helps when getting our sober lives in place.
                        The motto is 'just do it!' I am back to my swimming 3 times a week, but need to push it up a gear and add walking or cycling to the other days, so I am up for the challenge....
                        IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                        Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Today's workout was 3 mile walk on treadmill (TM) with hill intervals. 15 min on elliptical trainer (ET). Am now at 14K steps which is what I need to have to not gain wt. Oh, and made it an AF day!

TMH

Comment

TMH, 3 miles on the treadmill is great! And the rest! You are definitely giving me the push I need to get going.
                            Afraid I didn't get going today, but tomorrow is back on the exercise bike and a wee walk. There, now I've said it, I have to do it. Let you know how I go....
                            IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                            Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Hi Pinks New and Old:
                              I was one of the original Pinks who achieved 30 days of exercise and no alcohol back in June/11.
                              It was a wonderful group with lots of encouragement. Thanks so much Tipps for starting us off again. Congrats on your 5 days! Keep up the good work. We may slip but we need to keep hammering away at this evil addiction and not let it win. I am looking forward to hearing the different ways everyone is getting fit and how it is helping everyone to stay AF.
                              I am travelling with my husband at the moment. He is attending a conference where there is plenty of alcohol that is free for the taking. I did partake over the last couple of days but I have not really enjoyed it and I am feeling very guilty. I have been doing much better over the past year and have managed to stay AF most of the time. I have had a few slips and lately they have been more frequent. I feel like I am sliding back down the hill.
                              Every time I slip I realize how good it felt to be AF and how I want it back. So I am looking forward to being a Pinkster again. Today I will do lots of walking as I explore Quebec City. It is such a beautiful place and so much history.
                              Yesterday I walked for hours, it was fantastic (then I wrecked it with alcohol). Today I am planning to stay AF for sure.
                              Enjoy your exercise and AF day Pinks!
                              Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

Working...
                              X