October Mod Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

October Mod Squad

Morning guys- Happy October- hope this is great month for everyone!

AF for me today!
    And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

October Mod Squad

Thanks for starting this , V! Good for you for planning on an AF Monday. Last week was pretty busy for me, with the grandsons on deck longer than anticipated, by Sunday night I was worn out! This week the seven year old goes to his mom's, so we may have some more time on our hands - and a tidier house!

Now I am off to a memorial service held in honor of a friend who lost both her sister and one of her daughters in the same week, six months ago...sometimes my petty little struggles seem like just that: petty little struggles. But, keeping on with the moderation plan IS an important struggle for us all, and I wish us all a Happy and Moderate October! FF
    . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

October Mod Squad

Hi modders, and thanks for getting us off to october V. Last night I really wanted to drink, I'm not sure what the trigger was or even if there was one, I just wanted to kick back and have a few. I'm still so worried that I'll slide back into old habits though so I ended up skipping it. I felt a bit cheated though, like why can't I have a few during the week if I want to? but I don't know if I can trust that voice or not

Comment

October Mod Squad

Happy Tuesday Guys!

FF- That is really sad about your friend, how was the service?

DG- Good call on your part last night, if you are questioning slipping back into old habits then better not do anything that could get the ball rolling....

Hope everyone has a great day!
        And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

October Mod Squad

Hi All,
          Just checking in to say hi and I'm still trying. I have a cold which has forced me to go AF!! It did feel nice to start October with a yellow 0.

Once the term starts, things are just crazy and unrelenting at university, but I do lurk and think of all of you.

Dancer

Comment

October Mod Squad

Hi, Modders,

Not quite sure what happened to my post from yesterday, it's disconcerting to come back and not see it. Did anyone else see my post?

Update: The first time I tried to post here, it told me I don't have permission to do so, and to refresh and log in. If this doesn't work, I'll PM a friend and ask to update y'all....

The gist of the post was that I'm concerned about my job. The parent company, a French HIT (Healthcare I.T.) conglomerate, is pressuring management to cut salespeople and none of us are meeting quota. The company's support has a terrible reputation, and there are very few happy customers, which makes it difficult to sell. I'm keeping my ear to the ground, and hoping to get out of here before I'm forced out. I'm also trying to make it work.

I replied to another "newbie" that has moderating intentions, and privately told him/her to join us here. I also warned of the AFN's, so that he/she doesn't get run off...

Hope all is well with the rest of the group.
            D
            Well the 1st are the hardest days don't you worry anymore.
            When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.

Comment

October Mod Squad

Hi All. So sorry about your friend FF. It certainly does put things into perspective. I am prone to worry about "petty" things as well, but in the grand scheme, it's best to be thankful.

dg, I understand how you felt. For some reason, and I guess it was because I knew I was off work today, I decided to go ahead and have a glass of wine myself. There was only one glass left in the bottle, and that was what made me temper my desire...not so much willpower. We have to be dilligent about it, I think.

DG glad to see you here! Please keep checking in, even if it's only a few sentences.

D, never saw your first post. Not sure what happened...About your job: I can imagine how stressful it must be to not know that you're secure. To some extent, none of us are, but to have that looming over you must be exhausting. Is it possible that if it were to happen (loss of job) that you might find something you like more? I know it might not be a matter of finding something you like, but finding anything at all....anyway, good luck to you and I'm hoping for the best for you. Thanks for sending the newbie our way, if this is where he/she wants to be.

As I said in the AF thread, I'm just wrapping things up for my trip. Still have lots to do, but procrastinating ATM. Hope you all are well.

LG

P.S. V, thanks for starting us off! Octoberfest!

"I like people too much or not at all."
              Sylvia Plath

Comment

October Mod Squad

DfromCT;1386108 wrote: I replied to another "newbie" that has moderating intentions, and privately told him/her to join us here. I also warned of the AFN's, so that he/she doesn't get run off...

Can you please clarify what an AFN
                is? Just to be clear.
                I'm sure there are some newbies that have no idea of the little nickname you've assigned to the people choosing to abstain. It's not a nice name, maybe that's why you've choosen to use an abbreviation.
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

October Mod Squad

K9, I think it just means an Alcohol Free Newbie? At least that's how I understood it but it wasn't my post.....

Comment

October Mod Squad

I've chosen to take my response privately to K9b. She's already ruined too many threads and I won't let her hijack this one.

Comment

October Mod Squad

I'm the newbie in question, and I'm not offended.

K9, you are a RUDE person. If you can't be bothered to support, go get a life somewhere else.

Comment

October Mod Squad

Now I have a "B" behind my name. I guess that means Bitch. And the "N" stood for NAZI...that's what we were nicknamed.

I offer a lot of support, help and encouragement. Look around, my track record speaks for itself.

Comment

October Mod Squad

K9Lover;1386288 wrote: Now I have a "B" behind my name. I guess that means Bitch. And the "N" stood for NAZI...that's what we were nicknamed.
                          :H

She got at least one right!

I didn't hang a nickname on anyone. Nor does the nickname K9b is so fearful of refer to those that choose (and it is a choice, even though K9b posted previously it's not a choice) to abstain. It refers to those that want to censor anyone who talks about moderating. Those same people that are self proclaimed helpers to all, yet run a newbie out of the newbie nest for talking about moderation. On a website founded, no less, by a woman out to prove that moderation was possible.

I guess it's only MY way out if it coincides with K9b's way out.

Speaking of which anyone remember this tune:

"Way out, way out...that's where the fun is! WAY OUT!" If K9 figures this one out she'll be REALLY steamed! Then again, she does not look too happy in that picture!

:H

Comment

October Mod Squad

I hope you all have a great day!

I'm sorry you got the wrong impression of me BondGirl. I really do wish you success in your endeavors. I hope to see you around the boards.

Comment

October Mod Squad

Having a bad afternoon. I feel like AL would make everything better, but I know it would only be temporary. Afraid if I drink I'll have a panic attack potentially tomorrow and not go to the conference, and that cannot happen. I wish someone was here.

"I like people too much or not at all."
                              Sylvia Plath

Comment

Working...
                              X