Seven Reasons To Drink Green Tea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found this online - interesting stuff. Wonder if it would also help us repair some of the damage that we do to our bodies...
    -----------------------------------------------
    Reprinted From Yahoo:

The steady stream of good news about green tea is getting so hard to ignore that even java junkies are beginning to sip mugs of the deceptively delicate brew. You'd think the daily dose of disease-fighting, inflammation-squelching antioxidants - long linked with heart protection - would be enough incentive, but wait, there's more! Lots more.

CUT YOUR CANCER RISK
    Several polyphenols - the potent antioxidants green tea's famous for - seem to help keep cancer cells from gaining a foothold in the body, by discouraging their growth and then squelching the creation of new blood vessels that tumors need to thrive. Study after study has found that people who regularly drink green tea reduce their risk of breast, stomach, esophagus, colon, and/or prostate cancer.

SOOTHE YOUR SKIN
    Got a cut, scrape, or bite, and a little leftover green tea? Soak a cotton pad in it. The tea is a natural antiseptic that relieves itching and swelling. Try it on inflamed breakouts and blemishes, sunburns, even puffy eyelids. And that's not all. In the lab, green tea helps block sun-triggered skin cancer, whether you drink it or apply it directly to the skin - which is why you're seeing green tea in more and more sunscreens and moisturizers.

STEADY YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE
    Having healthy blood pressure - meaning below 120/80 - is one thing. Keeping it that way is quite another. But people who sip just half a cup a day are almost 50 percent less likely to wind up with hypertension than non-drinkers. Credit goes to the polyphenols again (especially one known as ECGC). They help keep blood vessels from contracting and raising blood pressure.

PROTECT YOUR MEMORY, OR YOUR MOM'S

Green tea may also keep the brain from turning fuzzy. Getting-up-there adults who drink at least two cups a day are half as likely to develop cognitive problems as those who drink less. Why? It appears that the tea's big dose of antioxidants fights the free-radical damage to brain nerves seen in Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.

STAY YOUNG

The younger and healthier your arteries are, the younger and healthier you are. So fight plaque build-up in your blood vessels, which ups the risk of heart disease and stroke, adds years to your biological age (or RealAge), and saps your energy too. How much green tea does this vital job take? About 10 ounces a day, which also deters your body from absorbing artery-clogging fat and cholesterol.

LOSE WEIGHT

Oh yeah, one more thing. Turns out that green tea speeds up your body's calorie-burning process. In the every-little-bit-counts department, this is good news!
    Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Thanks AA...

Need to drink more of that....
    Control the Mind

Comment

One thing I learned on these boards too, AA, is that it is important to not drink your tea with milk because the milk can negate some of the benefits. It was a hard switch for me but now I am finding myself getting used to tea without the milk. Thanks for posting.
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

I'm not too familiar with green tea. Does it have caffeine in it? Aquamarine
        NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
        AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

You can buy it with or without caffeine.

Comment

Lush is right, you can get it with our without caffeine...

Lushy, don't know why but your avatar is devil-eyeing me.... I may just be imaging things but I see four eyes in the middle.....
            Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Since I know you are not drinking AA, not sure what to tell ya. Are you suggesting I change my avatar?

Comment

Not at all, my inspiration....

For some reason it just stuck out at me. Maybe a reminder to stay away from the booze, because you are watching???

Comment

LOL!!! yes, that's it. I have a hypnotic avatar. It coincides with the CDs......

Comment

do you know if the green tea supplement capsules work as well?
                    sri

Comment

I am no expert but I have read in some magazines that they are not. Cannot tell you a reason why but it is just what I have read......might want to google and see if any info comes up on it. Also here is a product I am really interested in trying you all might find interesting. I can only drink maybe three cups of tea a day and this provides the equivalent of like 10 or something and you can use it in water, etc. Supposed to taste really good as well.

Home - Pure Inventions

Comment

I replaced my normal tea with green tea about a week ago, and as you said lush, I'm drinking it without milk... Took a bit of getting used to, but now I quite enjoy it...

Think I may even buy some shares in green tea if its going to become this popular, ha ha.....
                        A F F L..
                        Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Working...
                        X