As Promised: I'm Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just about a month late with my plan to return to the froum. It's been almost as hard for me to come back after being gone several months as it was getting started the first time. I love all the activity I'm seeing here. This site was pretty neglected for a long time. I have had ups and downs that I'm not proud of, but as always, when we stumble, God picks us up and shakes us off and sets us back on the right track. Whether or not we stay is up to us. Even though we are Christians, God doesn't provide an easy way out when we abuse ourselves. Alcohol can have the same grip on His people who alow themselves to over indulge as it does to a non Christian. The difference is, He won't let us be comfortable till we give it up to Him. I read here a lot but couldn't post till I could, for the umpt time, give it up to Him. God bless you all for your encouragement. I'm sorry if I have dissapointed any of you. I shared with Nancy (Southernbelle) via email and she has been big help.:thanks: Nancy... Love you all and I'll see you around.
    :heart: Eliziby :heart:

You have disappointed no one Eliziby. Nice to see you back. Don't feel like you need to stay away just because you are not reaching your goals as quickly as you would like or whatever. We are all in the same boat......
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

If we all left every time we stumbled, there'd be no one here. Keep coming in. Especially on the bad days, we're here for each other. God bless!

Comment

Ditto

Comment

No one is a disappointment here, we are all in it together. Glad you came back!
          "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Welcome back Elizy!

We love you!
            Nancy )

"Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Thanks to all of you. You're a great bunch.

Comment

Okay, I saw your post for Gypsi.......and now I'm catching up.

Oh my!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome back Eliziby!

I will never forget connecting with you early on in this journey.

I've copied and pasted one of my initial feel good moments that you were a part of............Thank You for being there when I needed you!

Gina and Eliziby,

I just found the "what we believe" part of MWO!

I was looking through "tell us your story" and found Eliziby's post. I was so drawn to her story, I looked up all her posts and......here I am!

Soon, I will tell my story (waiting for the kids to start school so I have time) but I want to thank you for your posts and affirmation of your faith here.

I used to think to be a "christian", I had to be perfect. I know now that I can never be perfect, I can only do my very best to be what God wants me to be.

I love the book "The Purpose Driven Life" and the part that talks about defeating temptation. I am revealing my sturggle to a godly support group here and I couldn't be happier.

Thank You!
                :h :h :h :h

Comment

The following is a PM I sent to Imagine in response to her post. I felt the need to say the same to all of you here who have been so supportive. I know I would have been better off had I not stayed away. Thanks to you all.

Thanks Imagine for your post. It was hard for me to confess that I had fallen short of my commitment to stop drinking. I had promised God and myself to stay free of alcahol. This was soooo....what I wanted for Him and myself. I was dissapointed in myself and felt that God must be dissapointed in me too. You know, He loves us far more than we love ourselves, and is far more forgiving. I felt I had to get back on my feet before coming back. I was doing so good and shared it with you all, and then fell flat on my face. Since I wasn't ready right away to give up my wine, I guess was the reason I didn't share it with you at MWO. I knew what would be instore for me if I did. I didn't want the encouragement you would give me to try and stop again. This is true confession. I am letting it all hang out, so to speak. Thanks for welcoming me back and I do appreciate all your encouraging. Liz

Comment

Eliziby, I am having computer problems and have been for a while but I want you to know even though my words are few lately I'm pulling for you and everyone here.

May God Bless You!

:l :l :l :l
                    Rachele
                    :h :h :h :h

Comment

Hi Liz...
                      You are sooo right about how He loves us...
                      It is not humanly possible..
                      One day we will know ...the scales will fall away.
                      We love you and that will not change...no matter what!
                      Nancy:l :l :l
                      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

I don't know what to say!!! It overwhelmes me, the love I feel comeing from those of you at this site. You have all been a blessing to me. I want you all to know that I love you and I plan to stick around for a long time. God Bless each and every one of you. Liz

Comment

Working...
                        X