Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8pm had to run out for coffee...... REALLY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had just enough ground coffe left tonight for a weak pot tomorrow.... I'm not a coffee drinker but hubby is..... Anyway set the coffee up and a little later while doing dishes I hit the on switch...... CRAP!!!!

So I had to run out for coffee and it dawned on me how many times I used to "have to run out for ....." You know the drill..... Usually some lady product that he wouldn't question....

Well I am sure a lot of you can relate so I thought I'd share and maybe some of you will as well.....

Felt great to really be getting coffee......
    And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Oh so true, even though I don't have to account to anyone else my self delusion meant every day I would kid myself that today I won't drink. Yeah right.

Since I have quit my petrol costs have halved!

Comment

Being able to be honest IS one of the great gifts of our new lifestyle, isn't it? How much subterfuge I used to use, every day, both with others - as you mentioned, V - and also with myself, as you alluded to, Kuya. thanks for giving me my idea of the morning for my gratitude list!

Happy Tuesday, everyone.....FFP
      . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

It's amazing how much AL I have in the house now that *isn't* being drank, lol. I used to wonder how people kept a stocked liquor cabinet!

V, you should have told dh to go out and get his own damn coffee!:H:H j/k

"I like people too much or not at all."
        Sylvia Plath

Comment

LG - I have not had a drank in my home for over 3 weeks now, I have a ton of my favorite beers as well as some vodka and it rarely even crosses my mind....

In regards to having hubby get his own coffee, no one schooled me prior to my marriage to SET THE BAR LOW - I spoiled the hell outta hubby from the start and do not know how to back outta it at this point..... I actually enjoy it for the most part and he is very appreciative, helps me deal with my son being gone too..............
          And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

V, not having had a drink at home for three weeks is a FANTASTIC accomplishment, IMHO ... Congratulations! FFP
            . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Thanks FF - Now I just need to find away to keep the # of drinks to a minimum on Friday and Saturday when I go out..... It is so much easier to just stay completely AF then it is to try and stick to a limit once you have already started..... I think I will try to tell my husband my desired limit and see if he can help keep me accountable..... That and maybe make plans with my sister or something for crack of dawn the next morning to try and keep me from over doing it.................

Comment

Also, V, one thing which I think has helped me, (haven't tested it yet) with the drinking more than I'd like while at a social function, was an old post by Jackie Clair called, I think, " my Defining Moment." I'm not competent enough to tell you how to find it...maybe in the My Story section? If you find it, let me know how, plus how it spoke to you....FFP

Comment

V--

i would have just made my husband get his own coffee And when I was drinking, I'd tell him while he was out getting his coffee, could he bring some wine home, , please, honey?

It feels good not to have to ask him to buy my wine anymore...
                  Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                  A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Working...
                  X