Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

day 39 AF

Hi everyone,
    Just thought I'd check in to share my happiness at being sober for these last 39 days.
    I haven't been getting any serious cravings for pot or booze. been a bit foggy and lethargic though.
    I'd like to wish everyone the best in reaching their personal goals.
    prez
    "faith can move mountains, but bring a shovel" - Unknown

day 39 AF

thankyou for sharing that prezmustchange. I am now 28 days and i feel fab! If we can keep this up it is soooo worth it. I feel like i'm walking through my life with my eyes open for a change! hope you do too. All the best. B

Comment

day 39 AF

Prez that is FANTASTIC!!!!!!

I can remember talking to you in chat when it was all seeming too much, and you really weren't sure whether this was going to work or not. There was a lot of things in your life you weren't too thrilled with, to put it mildly, and so you are doing just brilliantly my boy.

If the things that you weren't happy with haven't changed, and you still have this many AF days, then you are amazing...if you have managed to find a solution to them, then i am soooo happy for you...

Warm Hugs....keep going!!
      Weemelon xxx

Comment

day 39 AF

Hi Prez, I was wondering where you had got to.. A BIG CONGRATULATIONS on 39 days AF.. That is some achievement, keep up the good work...
        A F F L..
        Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

day 39 AF

Prez,

That's great to hear!

I bet even the music will come back ...

Comment

day 39 AF

Good work!!:l

Comment

day 39 AF

39 days rocks mate! keep your guard up!
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

day 39 AF

HEY PREZ!!!! fantastic! Like Irish, I remember your first couple of days here.....wow, haven't you come a long way!!

I was a foggy for the first 6 weeks, but then it started to clear, and now it's still amazing at 100 days!

So much to be grateful for.
                It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

day 39 AF

Hip, Hip .....HOOOOOOORAYYYYYYY!!!!

Comment

day 39 AF

Great job prez! Keep up the great work.

hey Bella-I'm at 28 too....although I should be at 85 but that 1 drink put me back to square one.....since I made the promise to be totally AF
                    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

day 39 AF

Wow Seabreez, Good for you getting right back on the horse. I had a drinking dream last night. My first - I drank literally a thimbleful of wine and then I woke nearly shouting at myself for being so stupid. I had to shake myself to realize it was only a dream. I thought about all of you and how I would tell you first thing in the morning. I even wondered - in my sleepy state - if I would have to start my count over - because of the dream thimble. Maybe this will help me keep my guard up. 74 days and feeling good - but what a sneaky enemy we are up against.
                      Rivergirl

Comment

day 39 AF

wow we are so hard on ourselves... dream drinks...

i realised too late the other day that the ginger beer I drank had 0.5% alcohol in it. I was about to post my remorse and guilt here, rend garments, wear sackcloth and ashes, start counting days from zero again when I thought "GET A GRIP".

It didn't count.

K

Did it?

Comment

day 39 AF

Kate, you are a darling - NO it didn't count!

What did count - years ago is when I had 90 days with AA and decided that I needed some mouthwash- True story (yuck) I bought a travel size bottle of mouthwash and - yuck! drank it in the parking lot.. said. "oh shucks I blew it better just go in and buy that bottle of port I have been thinking about for 90 days". Bought the port and drank nearly the whole bottle that night. Pretty disgusting -first time I have ever told that story. Thank God and all of you and this program- I am not thinking about port of mouthwash now!

Riv

Comment

day 39 AF

well done for being 39 days af dont u feel so much better! think of how u feel today compared to 39 days ago u have come such along way think of the things that u have done since then no matter how small they are or how big u have become a much stronger person than the old days keep up the good work life gets better.

Comment

day 39 AF

Thank you everyone for your encouragement. I have been fortunate over these past weeks to have had no serious urges. Maybe that's the effect of the Campral, but I also think I am feeling very committed to remaining AF.
                              In my mind I have come to associate alcohol and pot with poison. A poison that will strip me of my sanity if I allow it.
                              So I don't entertain even for a second the thought that I am missing out on any pleasure by not being able to have these things. I have no desire to return to the life of desperation that has always been my experience of having life controlled by booze and drugs.
                              I am completely convinced that I am the kind of drinker/user who must abstain if I am to remain sane and well.
                              Again thank you all for your support.
                              prez
                              "faith can move mountains, but bring a shovel" - Unknown

Comment

Working...
                              X