X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

holiday ideas

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...way-53891.html

maybe this will work...ffp
    . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

holiday ideas

That's a great post ff, god how many times have we done those sort of things where the drinking was supposed to enhance an activity and ended up taking it over. I had to laugh about the mutilated turkey :H I couldn't tell you how many times in the past I went into a clean kitchen and cooked a meal drunk, and walked into the kitchen the next morning wondering what the heck happened, dishes and pots everywhere, food splatters all over the place, some spilt whisky on the countertop where I missed the glass, and just that sense of, oh god now I have to clean this up, and the whole thing was just a blur, some nights I couldn't even remember if we even had dinner :blush:

Comment

holiday ideas

Oh, aren't we ALL glad those days are behind us, DG...sometimes this constant cautiousness gets very tiresome, but it really IS worth it, IMO .... FFP
      . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

holiday ideas

FFP,
        Thanks for sharing this and to the originial writer, what a beautiful ending to a sad story when so many memories with children can be lost due to drinking. My Christmas' as a child were waiting and waiting at my grandparent's house for my father to come home from the bar. Nothing could happen until he got there and every Christmas seemed so tedious as we waited and waited...

:l
        Eve11
        "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

holiday ideas

I agree that the story is so touching. I remember a girlfriend of mine remarking about how it was so funny that I went to so much trouble to clean house on the weekends only to destroy it in the evening while I was drunk. So, I totally get where you're coming from dg.

"I like people too much or not at all."
          Sylvia Plath

Comment

Working...
          X