Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 75 - yipee

Hi everyone
    Not been posting for a while but just wanted to let you all know I have not fallen into the abyss.

Day 75 for me today and as the song goes ""feeling good"
    (I always used to wonder what happened to people when they dissapeared of the boards)
    Whats working for me:
    • I made a list of all things that are better in my life without drinking and I look at it every day when i wake up. (its quite a long list)
    • I feel so much betterI sleep so well and feel so restedI have saved heaps of money - which I intend to spend on new summer clothes
    But most important - and I cannot stress what a difference this has made
    I truly believe that nothing is missing in my life - quite the reverse
    I have come to see drinking as an evil thing that I have escaped from - rather than a good thing I am denying myself.
    Hope this might help someone else.
    Best wishes
    Changeling (changed)

Day 75 - yipee

Change I remember when you first came to these boards and it sounded like stopping drinking would be quite a challenge considering your social situation and where you lived, etc. To say I am so impressed and inspired by you is an understatement. Please keep coming around here and inspiring all of us. HUGE Congratulations to you!!!!!
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Day 75 - yipee

Thanks Lush
      Last week I was reading back through some of my old posts and was saddened to recall how desperate I was feeling.
      I can't thank everyone here enough - I never would have had the strength to keep picking myself up without all the encouragement here.
      Best wishes and health to all
      Changeling.

Comment

Day 75 - yipee

Hi - I am so thrilled for you and so inspired. I am not sure wheher mods or long term AF is for me.. part of me still believes that alcohol is "good" and that I am missing out (heck, I am only 15 days AF), but yet I am very scared of the slippery slope...

It is great to hear of your success and that you really feel you are missing nothing. Keep letting us know how you're doing.

Kate

Comment

Day 75 - yipee

Well done - fabulous stuff! I'm currently on Day 67 and going strong. I get the occasional temptations, but as you said - you get over it once you realise just how much better your life is without alcohol.

Keep going!!

Comment

Day 75 - yipee

Great Job!
            :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Day 75 - yipee

Changeling, that is fantastic. I want to quote you here:

But most important - and I cannot stress what a difference this has made
              I truly believe that nothing is missing in my life - quite the reverse
              I have come to see drinking as an evil thing that I have escaped from - rather than a good thing I am denying myself.

Ding ding ding. We have a winner!!! This is what it's all about. I feel the same way at only day 28. Once you understand you arent' denying yourself of something, it makes it so much easier. When I look at other people drink now, I'm thinking, "what the hell are they doing that for?" I feel like a bit of a hypocrite, but the hell with it. I feel good. :H
              where does this go?

Comment

Day 75 - yipee

Changeling, I'm so jealous! that is just fabulous!
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                X