Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When during the day do you take you Topa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My situation is that I never drink before 4pm in the evening but I drink every day. I have been on Topa for a while now and have titrated up to 225mg so far with less than hoped for results, maybe a 20-40% decrease. I am scheduled to go up to 250mg this Saturday. I have been taking the Topa in the morning but today I thought I would switch and start taking it around 4pm, just before I start drinking so it would be the strongest in my system during my strongest craving time. I noticed that it did slow me down trying to concentrate on my work during the day when I took it in the morning. Does this make sense to anyone? When do you take your Topa?

Hey Bill, I live in SC too...where you from....

Sorry unrelated...I don't take Topa though...

Comment

Bill,

I took mine all in the morning and only 100 mg -- was effective at night and didn't make me dingy in the daytime. Just one data point.
      sri

Comment

I take mine 1st thing in morning....

2yrs ago when I first tried Topa my Dr. had me taking it at night & I fell off the wagon frequently. Stopped taking it thinking it didn't work.

This yr I decided to do it in the morning. Now I have no cravings since starting to take in the morning (50mg).
        :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

I take mine in two separate doses -

75 mgs in the morning 6.30 am

and

100 mgs at about 1.30 pm

That seems to to the trick. It does not overload my system with a single dose and it seems to keep the cravings at bay.
          Paddy
          Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

I take 75 mg @ 6am & 75 mg @ 6PM, also drink plain green tean every afternoon, take 750 mg kudzu after breakfast and lunch, and drink at least 48 oz of water per day. Also take Ginkgo Biloba, which increases blood flow to the brain, every morning and afternoon.

Comment

better change those 750 mgs to 75 mgs .... ;-)
              Paddy
              Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Also switching to two doses

Hey Bill,
                I started taking 25mg of topa in the evenings 6 days ago, and have also had about a 40% decrease in alcohol intake (the cravings are still there). I decided I would try to take it in two 25 mg doses today, one in the morning and one in the evening. I will let you know how it goes. The way I feel is if i'm drinking less this week, then maybe next week I will be down another 20-40%...at this point anything left in the bottle is better than nothing.

Comment

I live in Charleston, Where are you?

Comment

update to to earlier post of am dose of topa

Hey Bill,
                    This is an update to yesterdays post of my taking topa for the first time in the morning. To make a long story short. I HATED it! I have been taking the same aerobic class every morning for five years, most mornings with a hangover. However, yesterday I had two left feet, and fell off the bench!! Cripes, a person would've thought yesterday would have been the hangover morning.
                    To top off a bad morning... I got irritatated with my husband over a work issue and ended up drinking a bottle of wine anyway! So,I have to start all over again today! Go figure. Today's a new day.

Comment

I guess we are all very different! I was taking mine in the afternoon, right after lunch. When I got to 100 mgs per day and wanted to go up to 125, I took 25 in the morning and kept 100 in the afternoon. As I continue to go up in dosage, I will up my morning dose and keep the afternoon dose the same. So later this week, It'll be 50 mgs in the morning and 100 mgs in the afternoon. My only complaint is that I am REALLY tired all the time. Is anyone else having that problem?
                      Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

Hey Bill:

I know you had started a thread a while back about having some "lower intestinal" issues with the Topa. Well, as my luck would have it, I started having them too. Did yours go away or did you just have to take something? A bit personal I know...sorry!
                        Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

Bill, I took it in the morning and the afternoon. It did slow me down, but until I made a committment mentally not to drink in the evenings, it didn't do the job 100%.

At first it was difficult; at 6:00, it was "cocktail time" so my "imaginary cravings" would begin. I toughed it out a week, and with the help of the Topa, all of the cravings went away. Prior to this, I was at 200 mg while "moderating" poorly. I'm now 64 days AF since I have changed my mindset.

I've been off of Topa for a few weeks now. The thought of a drink crosses my mind, but it goes away because of my mental committment. I am still using the CDs every day, which I believe is the key. I've even branched out and bought another series on self esteem, procratisnation and organization and go back and forth between the two. I am not saying I am never going to have a drink again, but I am not going back to the way I used to act and feel.

Thanks, Topa, for the "push start" - the rest is up to me.

Comment

Working...
                          X