abilfy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

abilfy

My pdoc suggested I go on abilfy for a mood stabliizer. Anyone have experience with this? Any input is welcome. Thx

abilfy

I spelled it wrong it's abilify - any takers?

Comment

abilfy

I just recently started taking Lexapro which is an anti-depressant/anti-anxiety med. It's only been a little over a week, but it does seem to be having an impact. I'm not feeling as stressed out and has helped some with the depression. I also asked for a sleeping pill (Ambien) to get me through the nights when I no longer fall asleep in a drunken stupor. It certainly can't hurt to try to make this transition in to an alcohol free or moderately alcohol free life as painlessly as possible.

Good luck,

Julie

Comment

abilfy

HI Shedot - I am bipolar and did not have any luck with abilify - it is one of the newer drugs for mood stabilisation. Ask your doctor about Gabapentin - it really helps my moods but has the added benefit of assisting with the no drinking. Have been AF for 30 days and not even wanted a drink.

There have been some studies to suggest gabapentin ( product name neurontin) can help with alcohol dependence - for me it kills 2 birds with one stone so to speak.

It also does not make you put on weight and has minimal side effects.

Cheers

Cashy
        "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

abilfy

Thanks ya'll - as it turns out Cash, I'm also taking neruonton (sp?) for anxiety, so I"m getting a double whamy. We'll see if the abilify works! Thanks again

Comment

abilfy

Can't help you with the meds my dear, as I am a citalopram stuffer, but hope whatever you try has the desired effect, and makes this thing a little easier.....

The hypno cds may well help you too....give you the extra edge on just meds alone, it's good to teach your mind how to relax, often we have forgotten just how to do this with our busy lives...

Be healthy shedot...Weemelon

Comment

abilfy

Hey Mel, what is a citalopram stuffer - I guess I could look it up, but thought I'd ask....

Comment

abilfy

Hey Mel - was a citalopram stuffer - but in the end sent me manic - totally off the planet!

It was fun while it lasted, now on some lovely drugs that keep me sane and stop me drinking - well needing to drink to be precise!

Cheers
                Cashy
                "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Working...
                X